GTti gear box rojak

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

amadbing

Known Member
sory2...
my fault...dnt meant anybody...by th wy there r no gtti g.box rojak stuff...my fren lie 2 me..haha..
sory yelow g11..read my last post....

Last edited:
I think that foreman is talking about changing the gear ratios. Changing gear ratios allow for longer or shorter power ranges(depending on how you modify), but then again this depends on your engines power & max torque output. The standard GTti gearbox ratio is already quite short. Which works well with the original turbo which is quite small.

If my guess is right about which yellow G11 you are talking about, that car has no proven track record. That car is famous for looking good and for some unique items. But performance-wise I have not seen or heard of it taking part in any motorsports events.

It did take part in one round of the Sepang Drag Battle in 2005 but did not perform well at all. Got beaten by quite a few cars if I remember correctly.

Just a friendly reminder: this forum has a rule which says postings must be in English. I think they allow you to "rojak" a bit, so before the administrators delete your post, I think you better post in English or rojak them. :regular_smile:

agree with you speed demon ....

Speed Demon said:
If my guess is right about which yellow G11 you are talking about, that car has no proven track record. That car is famous for looking good and for some unique items. But performance-wise I have not seen or heard of it taking part in any motorsports events.

It did take part in one round of the Sepang Drag Battle in 2005 but did not perform well at all. Got beaten by quite a few cars if I remember correctly.
:regular_smile:

:emoticon_U: Say until like that .... left nothing man.... hehehehe

Hi all,

How's about putting other gear box onto stock gtti engine bay e.g. espri gearbox...? Any side efx / downside?

TiBuN said:
:emoticon_U: Say until like that .... left nothing man.... hehehehe
I post based on facts and what I know. If I am wrong and there are facts & figures to back up your statements please correct me. I will admit I am wrong and apologise. :mouth_closed:

cb70 said:
Hi all,

How's about putting other gear box onto stock gtti engine bay e.g. espri gearbox...? Any side efx / downside?
Whats the reason for doing so? Might as well just use the stock GTti gearbox then. Also, I don't think the Espri gearbox is the same as the GTti. So it might not fit.

HUrm...come on guys

HUrm...come on guys...give him a break..
If my guess is also right about which yellow G11 you are talking about, that car is not meant drag racing or compettion purpose.. if im not mistaken the gearbox also is standard..not ROJAK. Yes speedemon, ur car has great "excellant" proven track record.. once i heard from the GII's owner, he respected u n ur car...

Just a friendly reminder
no offence

Speed Demon said:
Whats the reason for doing so? Might as well just use the stock GTti gearbox then. Also, I don't think the Espri gearbox is the same as the GTti. So it might not fit.

Agree bro. I'm just wondering if it can fit to gtti, to provide more accelaration...Thx for the advice. :X-:

Gtti_LAN said:
HUrm...come on guys...give him a break..
If my guess is also right about which yellow G11 you are talking about, that car is not meant drag racing or compettion purpose.. if im not mistaken the gearbox also is standard..not ROJAK. Yes speedemon, ur car has great "excellant" proven track record.. once i heard from the GII's owner, he respected u n ur car...

Just a friendly reminder
no offence
No offence taken. :_: I'm not insulting his car or mean to. But since Amad mentioned a yellow G11, I only know of one "glemer" G11. :regular_smile:

I am not comparing my car to his also. If I am, I will post the video of me racing against him. He definitely has items or bodykits most other Charades don't have.

Speed Demon your car maybe doesnt look interesting ... but your eng ...huh dam ...i really respect you ...you really showed people out there how powerfull gtti is ...:regular_smile:....

he he he....wait till he comes screaming from behind you, your balls shrink man....

red_k said:
Speed Demon your car maybe doesnt look interesting ...

I totally agree with you lah red_k....
You call that a piece of shit crap thing a car ???
Put a GTti front lip and some deto air vents and you think it pass as a car ?
The only reason JPJ approve your car is because it has 4 wheels I guess....

Added : I didn't know Tom read Daihatsu sub-forums... hahaha

Last edited:
oi, you kutuk speedy for what la? you think your deto can beat him ka? lol :P anyhow also, i think TOM as moderator shoudl read everyting ;) thats his job marr....

guys....hehe want to talk more about gtti come join us laa at www.compactmotorsports.com.my ...we just team up with daihatsu tuning .from netherlands ...most of them are gtti owners....can go to members ride segment ...se the post for bigfootgtti ...huh he already post the latest pic of his car ,,... from recently event held at netherland ...

cb70 said:
Guys,

i think we're off topic here guys ;)
:shades_smile: Yes, definitely off topic. Well, as far as I know, gearbox mods is changing the gear ratios and lightening flywheel.

red_k said:
guys....hehe want to talk more about gtti come join us laa at www.compactmotorsports.com.my ...we just team up with daihatsu tuning .from netherlands ...most of them are gtti owners....can go to members ride segment ...se the post for bigfootgtti ...huh he already post the latest pic of his car ,,... from recently event held at netherland ...

No Detomaso tuning from netherlands ?

Top Bottom