Great Wall Haval M4 - <RM50k

ericmaxman

Senior Newbie
Jul 18, 2008
Kuala Lumpur

Toyota DVVT 1.5L. Chinese built.

This should have been the Suzuki Jimny. A cheap beat around car for contractors to use at site, since the Kembara has since been discontinued.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
It's a good price and very competitive price to local brands car.

Recently there are alot china brand truck on the road.

Btw, the engine it using is toyota engine? 3SZ-VE?

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
It's a good price and very competitive price to local brands car.

Recently there are alot china brand truck on the road.

Btw, the engine it using is toyota engine? 3SZ-VE?
Agree with u on seeing more and more of their car esp pickup.
From the outside appearance i can say they are abused but it kept going so engine and drivetrain reliability is there. Furthemore its using simple mechanical with no complicated electronic, what there is to fail right?
However the quality of the body parts really need improvement. New truck with lamps full of water, faded summore...unacceptable even for china brand.

Will they overtake the Koreans?
Yes they will and it wont be long though.

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Agree with u on seeing more and more of their car esp pickup.
From the outside appearance i can say they are abused but it kept going so engine and drivetrain reliability is there. Furthemore its using simple mechanical with no complicated electronic, what there is to fail right?
However the quality of the body parts really need improvement. New truck with lamps full of water, faded summore...unacceptable even for china brand.

Will they overtake the Koreans?
Yes they will and it wont be long though.
I agree, China Chinese do things freaking fast. Even own Volvo already.
In no time, Lamborghini killer. haha

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
nice, if really below 50K can consider for China car but at least using Jap engines.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
nice, if really below 50K can consider for China car but at least using Jap engines.
If not mistaken can book already lh.
Go book one, the 4x4 model and lets go offroad.
I'll drive my Pajero, in case i need to pull u out of sticky situation.

From the spec sheet, the mechanical is simple. So no need to worry about engine reliability.
Just worry about them giving u the same engine displacement as stated in the spec sheet. If not they gave u 850cc engine like how the lie about melamine in milk and etc.

Need to remind u that the interior is very interesting, its like being in a coffin with a steering wheel.Thats one of the downside.

Next up for China brand is Qoros.
Well, its not entirely Chinese, its owned by an Israeli firm.
Still, good design, good equipment, dirt cheap.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If reliability is decent, sooner we will see many on the roads. Construction companies would love it coz it's cheap and handy.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
If reliability is decent, sooner we will see many on the roads. Construction companies would love it coz it's cheap and handy.
Yup,
Quicker ROI. Then when already gather the profit and the car has a major breakdown, can just scrap it.
:biggrin::biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If not mistaken can book already lh.
Go book one, the 4x4 model and lets go offroad.
I'll drive my Pajero, in case i need to pull u out of sticky situation.

From the spec sheet, the mechanical is simple. So no need to worry about engine reliability.
Just worry about them giving u the same engine displacement as stated in the spec sheet. If not they gave u 850cc engine like how the lie about melamine in milk and etc.

Need to remind u that the interior is very interesting, its like being in a coffin with a steering wheel.Thats one of the downside.

Next up for China brand is Qoros.
Well, its not entirely Chinese, its owned by an Israeli firm.
Still, good design, good equipment, dirt cheap.
Give them time I guess haha! :smile:

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Yup,
Quicker ROI. Then when already gather the profit and the car has a major breakdown, can just scrap it.
:biggrin::biggrin:
Won't scrap it la...give it to junior project engineer and he will be damn happy to work day and night for you hahahah

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

brothers..

in need of help..sifus...i wan to install a piggyback...e-manage probably...wanna remove the limiter...one thing i wanna ask..can a 4G18 internals withstand/tahan the high revving..cos now..i noticed the rev cut is at bout 4k++...

thnx guys
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience