Govt okays 51% sale of Proton manufacturing

BlackSamurai

9,000 RPM
Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
aaron, you guys never watch TV news? He is in CCU now. Pak Lah visit Tun this afternoon

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2006/11/9/nation/20061109121707&sec=nation

Dr Mahathir hospitalised after suffering heart attack

Update by The Star Newsdesk

KUALA LUMPUR: Former Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has been admitted to Institut Jantung Negara (IJN) after a mild heart attack early Thursday morning.

According to a statement by IJN, Dr Mahathir had complained of mild chest pains in the early hours of Thursday

He was then admitted into the Coronary Care Unit (CCU) for observation.

“His condition is stable and he is expected to be kept under observation for one week’“ the statement added.

Dr Mahathir, 81, had a coronary artery bypass surgery in 1989.

He has been having his regular medical check-ups at the IJN.

He was last admitted to IJN in December 2005.

“Dr Mahathir is advised to rest and thus, will only receive visits from immediate family members,” the institute said.

Meanwhile, the Associated Press reports that Prime Minister Datuk Seri Abdullah Ahmad Badawi was among the first government leaders to visit Dr Mahathir, spending less than 15 minutes in the hospital.

Abdullah did not speak to reporters on his way out. He, however, put his palm to his tilted face in a gesture indicating that the former prime minister was sleeping or resting.

The International Herald Tribune newspaper reported earlier this week that Dr Mahathir's doctors have told him about three blockages in his heart.

It was the first public indication that the elder statesman was not well even though he has appeared robust and attended public functions regularly.

Dr Mahathir's son Mirzan said his father suffered mild pain on the left side of the chest early Thursday and was rushed to hospital.

"He is stable now," Mirzan said.

The heart attack occurred soon after he returned from a trip to New Zealand on Wednesday night.

Latest from AP-Wire

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
based on AUDI-VW group history of maintaining brand under their name they seems not to just rebadging their cars into brand under them (in this case proton) but tend to encourage the brand under them to develop their own designs....but most of the mechanical component is supplied by them....hmm...for example SEAT and Skoda....correct me if im wrong....

infernaL

2,000 RPM
May 22, 2005
N/A
haha i dont fkin mind a rebadged golf gt just as long it has its turbo and super charger in it lol

digitalcom

Known Member
Oct 15, 2005
Universal
how real is this news?

KATOW JO

Jul 18, 2006
say bye2 to malaysian engineers...no point in taking any automotive eng anymore for malaysians..since we'll be an import only country..we will never be like us or japan that produce our own goods..just import like indonesia and filipina...

hmmmm...ride bikes anyone..all become rempits like poor third world countries..good job porklah..

in case all of you are in dreaming mode...our FDI is lower than indonesia for the first time in history!economy is down the drain..this is not like the last 97 recession wher whole S E A is effected..this is just malaysia undur our ALIM porkLOH

KATOW JO

Jul 18, 2006
infernaL said:
haha i dont fkin mind a rebadged golf gt just as long it has its turbo and super charger in it lol

yeesssssssssss..we dont mind...unless you still have the money to buy it...even thai's and indons and filipina has it..but only the expat workers can buy those luxuries...the citizens just settle for being rempits...

remember..noew we are worse than indonesia...our FDI is lower than them...just wait a few yeras..could you afford anything less than a ex5?

kevin62

Known Member
Aug 15, 2005
Penang
Now we can have german technology..

We can buy passat instead of banana..

reedoor

2,000 RPM
Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
Visit site
i donno bout the details but... it seems like selling away 'my son' to others... instead of hiring a tuition teacher to teach/guide him...

wat r they thinking? sigh... this country is getting worse every single day...

koolspyda

2,000 RPM
May 6, 2004
KayEl
koolspyda.blogspot.com
reedoor said:
i donno bout the details but... it seems like selling away 'my son' to others... instead of hiring a tuition teacher to teach/guide him...

wat r they thinking? sigh... this country is getting worse every single day...
it not like there were no tuition teacher for over 20 years. how about the initial years where the teacher(s) were a certain "mitsui" on how-to & the concept of building-in stages (there was a term for it) from toyota?

as someone now realise (vendor)

"it is better to have a piece of a very large cake then to have a whole very small cake."

it not like it's not been done before (perodua), the man-in-the street benefits. the manufacturer benefits. it should be a win-win situation over long term.

probably best that we should not be myopic on this.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My car engine is leaking......been like this for a month
Do I need to overhaul it how much they usually charge for Honda EG non vtech engine.......and how long does it takes to repair it.....
I think the oil leak is come from my gasket at the radiator hose.....I dont know very well about car sorry if I dont give enough information
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience