Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
hi
i am new in Malaysia
I want to know about some words here :
what is :

Grant
AP
unregistered cars [types and how can to register them and what are the required documents]
how can we use a track car here
how to endorse an engine here what are the requirements
Are role cage , Car audio system , mufflers , bodykits and changing the color is legal here ?

TQ in advance for explaining.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Grant: Like a marriage certificate, we call it vehicle registration card here, it is like your proof of ownership that the babe is yours and yours only with your big name on printed on it.

Unregistered cars: Like an unregistered couple, they are either locally produced or imported, make sure it is not an illegal immigrant (smuggled car), you have to go to registrar of marriage to register with your girlfriend bringing along your birth certificates, ICs, passports etc. So to register a car you need the corresponding legal documents like AP, receipts of duty and excise payments, inspection reports, K3, your IC, passport, driving licence etc etc which I think you shouldn't be bother much as the dealer will guide and handle them all if you buy from them.

How to endorse an engine:
If there were an engine transplanted, get your car to the vehicle inspection centre PUSPAKOM for inspection. Thereafter get all relevant documents to road transport department aka JPJ for endorsement.

Track car can be road legal or illegal. Up to you. Ask the track maniacs here they can give better answer.

Car audio is not a problem i think if you just confined your 20" subwoofer inside your car, not outside. Mufflers are like when you're working out with your babe please make sure tune down your volume or else it is a nuisance to others as well as attract the attention of the authority. Same with your babe' outfit, moderation is important because we are a conservative society, indecent appearance and conduct will likely land you and your babe in jail with fines. Colour change must let JPJ be informed after going through inspection at PUSPAKOM.

Hope this is helpful. I am noob too.

farzad396

Mar 16, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
TQ very much for your explanations and good and beautiful exaplmes .

Tnx bro

---------- Post added at 04:12 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:44 PM ----------

what is AP and how many types of AP do we have?

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
what is AP and how many types of AP do we have?
AP stands for Approved Permit. There are many types of AP for importing/exporting of controlled items ranging from cars to rice, because the government doesn't like the idea of free-trade. So in this case car AP is designed to protect certain local interest and shield local manufacturers like PROTON from foreign competition. You might be only interested in car APs.

There are franchise AP, private AP and AP for CKD. The AP form looks like this:

Car is an controlled item here. Import is restricted by the government, AP must be sought before the import. You don't have to bother about AP unless you want to bring in your own ride from overseas, and there are many restrictions.
You can go to Ministry of International Trade and Industry Malaysia (MITI) for info.