Gearbox issues - need advice

Blowfish

Known Member
May 19, 2005
Sunway/KL
Hello there, sirazul if i'm not mistaken?

Recently my car has been acting up. I'm having problems engaging 1st and 2nd gear even when i have stepped on the clutch (manual 1.6 proton). This occurs only to 1st and 2nd gear. What could be the problem? The clutch doesn't seem to be acting up.

Somebody has told me it could be the synchros. However being a regular car user, I wouldn't be too sure of it. Which is why i'm seeking your advice.

How much would it cost for you guys to do a proper diagnostic ( check my clutch, and open up the gearbox to have a look at my synchros as well if neccessary)

Pls pm me a price if you don't find it comfortable to post it here. Many thanks. Urgent

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Without testing the car, we can only guess 2 things here. Maybe it's the gear lever shifting mechanism--worn bush? Or it's your synchro getting worn out. How long did you have this problem?
A quick cure for synchro problems is to put in a tube of that fantastic British invention called Molyslip. It's cheap (RM25 including labor) and if it's not the synchro this stuff is still good for your MT anyway, so no waste.
Diagnostics cost depends on complications, sometimes we don't charge if it's esay to tell what's wrong, but opening up the gearbox can cost around RM200.

Powerzone

Known Member
Feb 1, 2005
Visit site
Actually, we sell it at PowerZone. Or if it's not convenient for you to come here, you can try any EON service centers.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Mercedes-Benz CLK63 AMG Black Series

This Bad Boy Benz brings racing thrills to the street using the official F1 Safety Car as a template.

It seems anything with the three-pointed star on the hood can be had in an AMG version, which in some respects is good for those who get a kick out of more horsepower or tauter handling. On the other hand, somehow the exclusivity of the AMG brand can be called into...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience