Fuel for your rides

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
All the ZTH sifus,

Which kinda petrol is the best for your cars? does higher octane means better fuel?

what about S*ell's Vpower, B*'s 100? what kind of petrol gives the best performance at the mean time take good care of the engine?

Vpower really cleans the engine?

since the petrol price had been raising like hell these days, all this things comes into concern.. want to know rather if it's really worth it pumping Vpower into the car everytime..

et5828

1,500 RPM
Sep 13, 2004
Visit site
i only know v-power contains extra octane
projet would be my choice...

Noob

Known Member
Mar 30, 2005
Klang/Subang
vpower is 98 octane.. it's not higher.. all i know is it's re-engineered.. but will it really affect the performance?

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
"what about S*ell's Vpower, B*'s 100? what kind of petrol gives the best performance at the mean time take good care of the engine?"

why u sensor..?

andaq

Jun 9, 2005
kuala lumpur
been using v-power since i started driving. before the oil price-hike, its more expensive, but now it's even more! hehe. but i dont mind coz i drive a small car which burns little fuel plus my office is 5 minutes away from my house so u guys out there hehe.. god bless u.

but i think v-power does more good than harm. more good to your engine n more harm to your wallet also. but honestly i think i did gain extra mileage if i keep on using it. but just a bit la.

*just my dua puluh sen

SpeedWanker

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
done an extensive test for shell against other brands before, a test where every 5000km the valve train and pistons were removed, weight and checked and found that V-power has got a super cleaning agent.. engine looks brand new( no carbon at all) after 5000km of V-power..
but on point of where octane is concern, rumours has it that its only 95 or 96 and on dyno it'll only gives off-throttle responds but no gain through out the power curve..
others especially some superbikers says petronas kick ass but according to a buddy nothing beats any petrol with afterburn..

ModMaestro

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
PJ & Sandakan
simply chugging hi-octane into your car wouldn't give you any power increase. In fact, it might even kill your engine. Basically, the higher the octane level, the harder it is for the petrol to combust/burn.

now why would you want fuel that is harder to burn? because it allow you to run higher cylinder pressure. So if you put hi-octane into your stock car, it might not work. Ask any turbo addict, they'll tell you all the details.

Malaysian fuel are seperated into normal and premium. Normal fuel has 95 octane, while premium has 97/98 octane. compared to US, we have hi-octane pump gas. They are only allow 91 to 93 octane. But the temperature in Malaysia means our higher octane doesn't readilly translate into benefits.

the only difference between the fuel by different company will be the additive they put into their fuel. So it is better to stick with 1 brand of fuel.

edit - changed words

AccordRacing

2,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2005
kepong
www.zhapalang.com.my
v-power is good,faster response but the fc is worst,,lets say normal petrol full tank can go 5 day but v-power only can go 2 1/2 or 3 day only

edgar_raphael

1,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Visit site
I did a test on lower and higher octane fuel and the results are... same, unfortunately, for both perofrmance and mileage

the only diference, with lower octance, its cheaper..

N/A guy

Known Member
Mar 14, 2005
v-power actually gain some performance to the engine but the bad point is it burns faster than normal petro. so better dont expect to get good FC by using v-power.

eakamal

Known Member
May 18, 2005
Kuala Terenggan
Shell v-power..but since the petrol price increased,better use normal one..Got more litre per ringgit.The v-pwer also 'cepat habis'

fritz

1,000 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
Malaysia
www.mrbaoz.com.my
Normal Unleaded Shell petrol is good enuf..Tried wit 3 Brand..Shell,Projet and Petronas...Pumped Rm50..results is...
Shell - 370Km
Projet - 300Km
Petronas - 280Km
Projet can giv better response..but FC poor..too bad! If no choice i will pump projet coz near my house..

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm just asking here because Speedzone don't pick up calls. I tried calling for more than 2 hours to no avail.

ANother question wanna ask sifus here, can it be fitted to a 4g92?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience