Fuel Consumption - Altezza & Ep3

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

PumPkIn

Known Member
Hi all the sifus out there, i just want to ask those of you who own either of the above mentioned vehicle. Because i'm in the midst of choosing between these 2 cars.

Could you please let me know how is the fuel consumption like for both the cars above .

How much can you go with full tank with both cars.

Thank You.

both are 2.0 with valve lift. get EP3 better.
cabut...........

I luv Altezza.GOA body is damn strong man! :)

Last edited by a moderator:
okay.. 'nock it off guys. He was asking the fuel consumption ler.. :biggrin:

well, I have not driven nor own both of the cars mentioned (Altezza and EP3). You gotta be more specific on which Altezza you are considering as there are quite a few variant of Altezza available in the market. There are 2.0L and 2.5L Altezza.

If you are comparing both cars with same displacement (2.0L), I have a strong feeling that both cars will deliver almost the same fuel consumption. Well, it also dependent on your right foot on controlling the throttle pedal. The heavier your right foot, the heavier the fuel consumption will be.

For me, I'd take the Altezza. Bcus its a RWD! :biggrin:

You can't really compare these 2 cars on fuel consumption. Given if you buy the 2.0cc versions. Lets take some working examples.

For drivetrain on normal driving, the VTEC unit will be more fuel efficient than the VVT-i. Simple reason is more mechanical parts to turn in the RWD Altezza than in the FF Civic.

Still when both cars are running at maximum speed, i believe the VTEC would use more fuel. VTEC engagement is very aggresive. And when to get such power you use more fuel. Also EP3 has LSD. Which means few more gears to turn to move the car. Which in turn uses more fuel.

So fuel consiumption for EP3 is bad only when driven hard. Where the Altezza would be bad only when driven normally, and only when compared to drivetrain.

So like i said, you can't compare these 2 cars just on fuel consumption alone. You need to judge by price, usage, servicability and some more. If i want to buy a car just on the basis of fuel consumption alone, i would buy a new SAGA or Myvi.

If i want to buy a car just on the basis of fuel consumption alone, i would buy a new SAGA or Myvi.

you are damn right. Why bothering 'bout the fuel consumption of the cars that we intend to get aight?

my father said something like "If you cant maintain the car and the fuel consumption of the car, why bother to buy it?"

and he also said "better off with a Kancil or Kelisa then.. "

:biggrin:

For a 2.0 auto altezza RS200 it can go up to 600km+..Based on my experience owning an altezza..And it also depends on how hard your foot on the pedal..:rock:

Haha, what you guys said is true. But i just trying my luck here to survey as in which cars consume more petrol and stuff. But really also depends on the right foot also so cant really judge it here.

Haha...true also...the best is still myvi and saga. Super fuel efficient.

Thanks syahrul for the reply. Thanks.

One is FF the other if FR... hmmm... but definately FR will have more fun =). But considering both also is 2.0L. EP3 seem to be faster as it have a small/ lighter body compared to altezza.

But it also depends....just suddenly came to my mind between these 2 cars as i really love both their looks. I've driven a ep3, and the power is superb ...but havent driven a altezza. Would love to one day. LoL.

Thanks again for all your feedback guys. =)

Could you please let me know how is the fuel consumption like for both the cars above .

How much can you go with full tank with both cars.

Bro, I m not sure about EP3 (never own one).. I do own EK previously and now my ride is altezza. I can only compare EK with Altezza.

For Highway driving full tank: Altezza 600km : EK 500km
For City Driving full tank : Altezza 460km (w AFC Neo) : EK 380km

Note that Altezza tank is 60liter Ek tank is 50liter.

Cheers..

you are damn right. Why bothering 'bout the fuel consumption of the cars that we intend to get aight?

my father said something like "If you cant maintain the car and the fuel consumption of the car, why bother to buy it?"

and he also said "better off with a Kancil or Kelisa then.. "

:biggrin:

u have a very cleaver father

more torque=more fuel=high FC.
canot excape from this one.

higher torque does not necessarily equals to higher FC

higher torque does not necessarily equals to higher FC

higher torque= bigger cc (for NA) or turbo so also higher fc (maybe higher fc a bit or more)

anywhere the heavier the chasis, the fc also go up.

use human energy = 0 FC.

one more thing....there's no replacement for displacement..:P...heeheh..

Top Bottom