4G69 Bad Fuel consumption 30L/100KM

cckeong

Sep 20, 2005
Batu Pahat
My 04 stock 4G69 grandis engine have really bad fuel consumption.about 30L/100KM
I was send for replace TB,change new timing kit also the same problem.2nd gear was Sluggish.
Use BUD to check but no fault code....mechanic suggest change CO2 sensor and MAF sensor but no guaranty.End of Exhaust check was normal,no black smoke or white smoke.....
I have a copy of the BUD reading but I was told that need a PERFECT 4G69 Engine Data to compare....
So where to have PERFECT 4G69 DATA to compare?
So anyone can help on this?

[email protected]

Attachments

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow! that is equivalent to 3.33km/l only. My turbo running 6.8km/l already considered bad, yours is worse.
Any petrol leak?

cckeong

Sep 20, 2005
Batu Pahat
No petrol leak.Send for 3 Mechanic no one can diagnosis the problem.
Even Mitsubishi Center also cannot find out the problem...
Keep on asking me change this and that but still cannot solve the problem.
OBDII also cannot trace out the problem...weird...

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Paging Titanrev

Btw cckeong : This is totally random but did you check to see if you have any jammed brake calipers? That's what happened to me earlier and it really affected my FC and heavy emergency braking was really unpredictable.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Engine rich will be black smoke.. so no smoke.. not running rich.. if o2 sensor faulty..should light up..reading off..would be rich..
If its over fueling, spark plugs would be fouled.. check spark plugs.. that's free.. then we eliminate it is due to the car running pig rich..

I think izso's suggestion is worth a serious look.

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
last time my mech install my air filter duct incorrectly.
i didnt notice anything until i refill for fuel.
fc is bad but not terrible.

i only notice something wrong when i drive it a little harder amd the intake sound is higjer than usual.
after checking,it was not properly install causing the engine to suck hot air within the engine bay.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Grandis FC is really not good one. AT, heavy weight. You use a lot on city start/stop driving FC, is even more worse. There's nothing wrong with your engine from the pic you attached. Did you notice the gear change on the car always shift up very early? if you did, yes mine also like that. the early upshift also don't help to improve the FC also because you need too always keep shifting it down back again to have a bit more power. The engine itself is without VVT and it have MIVEC only. this made it nothing better to help improved the FC.
Also what engine oil grade you using? service enter will usually give you 15-50 try to go lower to 10-40. It made the car less sluggish and FC a bit that better. You running open pod or still stock air filter box?

Change timing kit improve FC? this I can't relate it to FC. FC probem you go back Service center also they cannot help coz the car when it roll out from Japan factory is already like this. That's why this Grandis sells in Japan itself also not very good....

gunnerzz

2,000 RPM
Jul 3, 2014
Melaka
Grandis FC is really not good one. AT, heavy weight. You use a lot on city start/stop driving FC, is even more worse. There's nothing wrong with your engine from the pic you attached. Did you notice the gear change on the car always shift up very early? if you did, yes mine also like that. the early upshift also don't help to improve the FC also because you need too always keep shifting it down back again to have a bit more power. The engine itself is without VVT and it have MIVEC only. this made it nothing better to help improved the FC.
Also what engine oil grade you using? service enter will usually give you 15-50 try to go lower to 10-40. It made the car less sluggish and FC a bit that better. You running open pod or still stock air filter box?

Change timing kit improve FC? this I can't relate it to FC. FC probem you go back Service center also they cannot help coz the car when it roll out from Japan factory is already like this. That's why this Grandis sells in Japan itself also not very good....
regarding the timing belt kit.worn out timing belt tensioner do contribute to higher fc.
i experience it 1st hand on my waja.
in my case its worst by 2 km/l

Solty8

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
Since TS edi mention send for mech to test, almost everything, well spark plug n cable got check ? Since edi run OBDII and stuff I think will alert if spark plug is not in good condition ? But worth to change if it's been awhile never change or can check injectors ? Well how long is this car already ? And how was the previous FC ? IF previously good then suddenly bad, must be something wrong but if all along similiar then no choice. N btw, did you happen to change bigger size rim ? Or tyre ? Try to trace back what got changed b4 the bad fc kicks in.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
regarding the timing belt kit.worn out timing belt tensioner do contribute to higher fc.
i experience it 1st hand on my waja.
in my case its worst by 2 km/l
Oh..I learn something..thanks for the info...

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
So what's the conclusion? Share and see..

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Paging Titanrev

Btw cckeong : This is totally random but did you check to see if you have any jammed brake calipers? That's what happened to me earlier and it really affected my FC and heavy emergency braking was really unpredictable.
Wow! that is equivalent to 3.33km/l only. My turbo running 6.8km/l already considered bad, yours is worse.
Any petrol leak?
your vr 6.8km/l??? my boxer 6km/l only... :(

from the diagnostic screenshot looks like everything ok....just engine load seems like high? need service tps and clean the MAF sensor i think....

or perhaps the fuel pump controller not in good condition...

lastly if me i'll try flush the ATF...since mitsubishi AT box kind of manja if the ATF change not done properly....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

where to get tyres cheap + good?
any recommendation for tyre shop around klang valley?

currently need to replace 1 piece cuz bocor at the side :P
using silverstone kruiser n1 195/50/15 currently.. dont mind buying back the same one as i am quite satisfied with it..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience