Fuel Consumption Advice

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
xtorm said:
mine city drivng like tatlah , now i figure out edi :P cos when i drive highway (85%), i stil manage to get roughly 80 for rm10
Wit the current petrol price,i think i wont go out driving my car d....:sad_smile:

waikiki

500 RPM
Mar 16, 2004
Damansara, PJ
Visit site
sighh ............ petrol price will keep on goin up .. :(

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
hehe... sometimes i wonder any sifoo can tell me ho.. wht kind of figure baru consider a good mileage leh?? Some people says RM10 = 60km is good enough.. some says 100++km then considers good.... Cause my iswara (carb) is giving a rm10=60km (petrol price still rm1.62).... How ar??

please guide.. thanks
cheers

Ronald_loulan

1,000 RPM
Dec 26, 2004
Bukit Serdang
Visit site
theorekz said:
hehe... sometimes i wonder any sifoo can tell me ho.. wht kind of figure baru consider a good mileage leh?? Some people says RM10 = 60km is good enough.. some says 100++km then considers good.... Cause my iswara (carb) is giving a rm10=60km (petrol price still rm1.62).... How ar??

please guide.. thanks
cheers
Not so good.....
normally 10L can go around 140km.....
Tune ur car.....

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
Ronald_loulan said:
Not so good.....
normally 10L can go around 140km.....
Tune ur car.....
10l around 140km is in highway drive or city drive? Cause i drive my car most of the time in city 1 o... Last time with the previous carb also give around the same figure leh... Now Weber carburetion also around the same... Hm....

cheers

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
RM 10 for 60km town travel for a 1.3/1.5. Works out to be 27mpg.It's no good. It should be over 30mpg for most cars of this capacity. Our own 80's 2 liter bone shaker with a not so clever computer manages 25 - 26 mpg for town driving.

biz-da-tech

500 RPM
Jan 21, 2006
me also having the fuel problems.
before the problems come up i can drive more then 300 to 350km.
but now already 250 only
i drive satria 1.3 2000 year .injection.
now wanted to go fix. but dont know wat the problem should do
cuz i go fix once, they said is might the petrol increase again. then they do some tuning for me... but nothing changes.
so wat next???
my friend fix the problem by his dad. and he saw the receipt that they change for him is plug cable and wiring ......got that big different? and now he can drive around almost reach 400km.
and he also face the problems like me. should i do like him...lol kinda costy sikit ..

theorekz

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hiztorikal.c.t.
Visit site
focalpoint taikor.. How to calculate this mpg thingy? Seen quite some time before... But dont know how to do the math.. heh heh... Normally its calculated by using the whole tank or what??

Cause my RM50 = 300km is havent finish 1.. I just pump whenever it nears 300km...

FocalPoint

500 RPM
Apr 26, 2004
First, pump full tank. Next, set the trip meter ( on dashboard ) to zero km.

Run car until say reserve light pops up. Refill petrol to full tank again.

Copy down the number of liters of petrol put in. Read the number of km travelled.

Number of km divide by liters will give you km per liter of petrol.

Example: you fill in RM 40 or 20.83 liters ( RM 1.92 per liter ) and trip meter shows 300 km.

Then it's. 300/20.83, equals to 14.4 km per liter.

Now, 1 gallon is equivalent to 4.5 liters. So, you will get 14.4 X 4.5 = 64.8 km for 1 gallon of petrol.

64.8 km, change to miles. 64.8 divide by 1.62, equals to 40 mpg.

Do this exercise 2 -3 times and get the average.

When filling in petrol, fill in slowly using the most gentle pump pressure so that little gas builds up.

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
haha, I see all the FC here oso I damn jealous leh =P
my car, sr2 b16a only goes 320km for 55 bucks (old price)...thats like 9.5-10km/l
but oh well...at least its better when i just got the car...it was 7.26km/l then...mad 1 =P

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
LilKeV84 said:
haha, I see all the FC here oso I damn jealous leh =P
my car, sr2 b16a only goes 320km for 55 bucks (old price)...thats like 9.5-10km/l
but oh well...at least its better when i just got the car...it was 7.26km/l then...mad 1 =P
so how u improve the fuel consumption la???

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
dunno lah...maybe the engine very chan when i got it =P
all i did was reset ecu...for full tank dun pek the car...and dun drive above 3.5k rpm
always pump full tank...seems to help...coz when pump half tank...probability of wanting to pek the car increases after every new pump =PP
then change fuel filter...my fuel filter damn clogged up...and change my air filter...

next plan to do injector cleaning and check the oxygen sensors and possibly replaacing them =) and then would be iridiums

i have another kancil that i tried to improve the fc...
added grounding for better electrical efficiency
change to denso iridiums...as high heat range as possible (does help)
clean the caburetor...
pump half tank(lighter)
until the last increase b4 the 30 sens 1...i can still maintain a RM10 > 100km fc
=)

hope these help

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Mine FC is 1liter = 11.5-12.8km, is it good? My car is Wira 1.5 manual injection year 2003. Average speed is 100-110km/h in all the roads(trunk road), sometimes 140km/h...

arih

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
Sunway
www.resakse.com
and I thought my 6a12TT was rly know how to drink fuel...mine (rm1.62/liter) rm20 can go 160km (I reset mileage everytime pump)..was 120km per rm20 on my old S4 engine.Same road, same time from sunway extreme park to Kajang every morning & evening. My driving style, 100km/h cruising (rpm around 2k on my S4 engine, 3k on 6a12TT), only on a/c if too hot or rainy (turning on a/c for too long make me catch up car sickness), never pump fuel tank unless going to outstation (I dont like car with fuel tank, 65liter is too heavy! and also coz whenever I fill up full tank, after stopping from long cruising...i will smell petrol outside cabin maybe my fuel tank bocor :P).Never press the pedal more than 50% unless got someone cucuk me.Well, thats my style.Just install safc2 yesterday, gunna monitor my new mileage with this new fuel price.All I know, my Cor always -ve figures.Wish me luck!

ABV9750

Known Member
Feb 13, 2005
1 us gallon = 3.875liter?.

fc discussion are subjective. auto/manual car has different profile that synchronous with fc.the driving habit will most affected instead of engine efficiency.lets correct this at first stage for next move.

let discuss

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Yes, you are right, how we drive is the main control of FC. But in theory manual 1.5gli's(wira) is almost same as manual 1.3S(Iswara), always try to maintain rpm below 3k, idling should set at around 700-900rpm, it might vibrate the whole car, but it will help you to save some fuel. For Proton's engine(Mitsubishi), is no need to warm for few minutes, but need to go slower than normal speed(another way of warming up). This is my foreman teach me, don't how true is it.

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
arih,
haha, pumping half tank is good coz lighter(coz ur tank so big sumore) but ar...u better get the leak fix if its really a leak. any holes in the fuel tank is not onli dangerous.....but in terms of saving fuel...fuel is actually evaporating out of it =P wasting fuel there.

ABV9750,
yeap, i feel that it takes willpower to save fuel =P
if even sports car u see oso u wanna open vtec...then no use to say u wanna save fuel =P

kyheng,
but remember, 1.3 iswara is carburetor compared to 1.5gli is efi. so in theory, the wira should be able to save petrol more...or get almost same fc as it coz of its increased displacement. but it all comes back to the condition of the engines. if almost all the sensors in the 1.5gli is kaput...its back to square one =P

few more things i 4got to add... =P
1. pump ur petrol either in the morning or at night...later at night...coz the temperature of the tank and air is lower...so petrol evaporate slower...more of wat u pump will go and stay in ur tank.
2. if ur fuel cap is loose...change it...and leave it open in the least time possible.
3. pump ssllloowwwwlllyyy....like locking it at the 1st nudge... =)

this may sound desperade, but who cares...afaik fuel prices wun drop until subsidies are all gone...so lets just start learning to save ^^

kyheng

1,000 RPM
May 20, 2005
seremban
Pump petrol at night or morning is actually cannot help much, the most is 1-2%. If really want to increase FC, the tank must be full all the time in order to reduce evaporation.
Pump slowly is actually forcing the petrol to evaporate faster, as petrol slowly displace the gas inside. If pump fast it will absorb the gas back

LilKeV84

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
haha, true, but well...1-2% or even 0.5%, its better than nothing. I tried and it actually helps a lil.
about the full tank, it actually doesn't help. pumping full or even to the rim, actually promotes evaporation as it is closer to the tank opening(during pumping).
the reason to pump slowly is to allow the fuel to flow and settle slowly instead of hitting it hard, thus causing it to splash in the air(remember than fuel evaporates much much easier than water)

i've read b4 sumwhere that dunno how many % of the fuel u pump is actually lost during pumping, so best save there 1st. 1 more thing i can suggest is installing that cover thingy that automatically closes when u remove ur nozzle from the opening, with the opening as big as the nozzle onli, so less fuel can evaporate out.

just my 3 cents =))