Flames!!!

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
Hi everyone...
Every day so boring so i thought wanna do something crazy with my car... and saw something on tv that i wanna do...
I wanna make a fire to come out from my mufler... So does anyone know how?? Without buying the hole thing la... Cause i wanna DIY... Not just BUY hehehe...
So anyway i search on the net and found few things... Well i know that they use a spark plug to fire it up... But what relays or what makes a spark plug fire?? that one i need to find out... So does anyone know how to DIY it?? :)

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
the spark plug method only works if you DON'T have a catalytic converter. what you do is you place a spark plug at the end of the muffler, then you run the engine rich and then you ignite the unburnt fuel that comes out from the muffler. then you'll get flames.

Actually I have tired doing a diy exhaust flame thrower a while ago. I used lighter fluid refillers and a solenoid to control the gas. then using a spark plug, i managed to create very big flames. but mounting it on a car is not pratical. you might get pulled over and questioned by the police.

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
Hhahahahaha... police it ok... I just wanna do it for fun u know whan u see a car pass by than u see a big flames looks nice ma... hehehehe
anyway i know that the spark from the plug will make the fire go on... But how to make the spark work?? Cause i dun have that special thing to make the spark come...
What do i need to use???

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
yea, it's definately cool. especially when you are at the lights and someone in a modified car pulls behind you. just press a button and you can literally flame him lol.

there are several ways to get the spark. i used a solid state tesla coil last time. but u can use a ignition coil if you want. i'm sure auto shops have them.

here are some pages for more info on ignition coils:

http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/5322/coildrv.htm
http://www.kronjaeger.com/hv/hv/src/ign/
http://www.sentex.net/~mwandel/cannon/sparky.html

maybe i'll try this again when i get back to kuching :biggrin:

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
hahahah yea man this is really cool...
I think i will go for ignition coil... Cause i am more familiar with it...
But do i have to fix the plug right on the end of the muffler?? Or can fix it b 4 the end of the mufler?? cause wanna make the spark plug so no one can see heheheh!!

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
Satria racer said:
But do i have to fix the plug right on the end of the muffler?? Or can fix it b 4 the end of the mufler?? cause wanna make the spark plug so no one can see heheheh!!
i tink better put near the muffler. not sure if it will work if u put it elsewhere

youmolo

Known Member
Jul 3, 2005
Subang Perdana
www.tzywen.com
Satria racer said:
i tink better put near the muffler. not sure if it will work if u put it elsewhere

Satria racer

Known Member
Mar 11, 2005
Pahang Kuantan
Visit site
ok thanx man... ill try and see...
Anyway tools are ready hahaha... gonna do on this weekend ehehehehe.... its Gonna be nicE!! hehehe
but scared some ones bumper might get burned hehehehe... So dun play play hahaha...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm using E34 and currently running K&W sport suspension ( COIL & ABSORBER ) .
One of the rear absorber gone already, and the car pretty unstable during high speed.

My enquiry is, can TITAN made a custom absorber to match with my K&W coils just for both rear ?

And please quote the expected price. PM me please.

Need quote for 2 front absorbers
Need quote for 2 rear absorbers

Thank you.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience