ficd and air cond compressor problem

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I'm having this problem lately, I have installed ficd in my car , when I on the aircond , the ficd suppose to increase the rpm but mine will increase for few seconds then drops, when the aircond fan kickin the car vibrates for 1-2 seconds, and also when I open the hood while the aircond is on, I can hear a knock sound from the compressor "tok tok tok", I just changed the bearing few months ago. Guys any advise

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I'm having this problem lately, I have installed ficd in my car , when I on the aircond , the ficd suppose to increase the rpm but mine will increase for few seconds then drops, when the aircond fan kickin the car vibrates for 1-2 seconds, and also when I open the hood while the aircond is on, I can hear a knock sound from the compressor "tok tok tok", I just changed the bearing few months ago. Guys any advise
What idle speed when air con off? When compressor cuts in, idle speed will drop, so ficd will increase it back up, so you see it goes up then when idling is stable it goes back down to your original idle speed. It does not stay higher.
Air con fan draws current, that is why idling speed affected for a while.
Can your idle speed be adjusted. If can, increase idle speed slightly with air con off

For the tok tok sound, cannot comment without checking out physically....:smokin:

pac_jb

Known Member
Feb 28, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think mine is idling around 600-700...so I must adjust after engine warmed up properly with aircond off..adjust around 800-900..and the ficd is around 1100rpm..so i should decrease the ficd around 900 with the aircond on..

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I think mine is idling around 600-700...so I must adjust after engine warmed up properly with aircond off..adjust around 800-900..and the ficd is around 1100rpm..so i should decrease the ficd around 900 with the aircond on..
600-700 a bit low, probably that is why got vibration when fan kicks in. 800-900 should be fine.
Oh! your ficd can adjust also? Mine only idling can adjust, ficd is auto, so if need higher my idling have to go up

scoupe

1,000 RPM
Mar 19, 2005
shah alam
what Ficd are you using? toyota? to see if the ficd is working well unplug the socket with the aircond on and see what happens.. check the vacuum hoses of the ficd.. one should be connected to a line after the throttle and the other should be before the throttle. if all this in order and if its a toyota ficd u can adjust the ficd idle with an allen key.. good luck in trouble shooting.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi.. sifus.. i would like to know what can i mod for my 1.8 new civic vtec.. ? any suggestions if there's no budget limit.. ? thx.. :)
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience