• Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
Anyone got feedbacks of these tyres
I seriously tot because of the price, these tyres would perform
in my list of tyres that i have used before
Bridgestone Potenza G-III and Advan Neova AD07 and Goodyear F1 and Dunlop Semi Slick D01J

i find that the Falken Azenis and also the Falken 326 are the most shitty
tyres around , it slips teribly on launch and in the rain its even worst
on corners i rate them 5/10, in my book i rate the goodyear f1 a 8/10
for all conditions even rain or corners , the neova's were 9/10
for dry roads n corners, just lil slips during rains bt still much much more better than the Falkens , Dunlops semi slicks were superb during the day , in the rain u should know urself, semi slicks do not go well during cold

bt seriously , i find the falkens waste of money , even my old cheaper bridgestone performed better , any feedbacks from u guys ?

Tamahagane

Mar 22, 2007
Had used (not in order):

Bridgestone RE711, Yokohama AVS, Michelin MXF, Falken ST115, Silverstone FTZ, Kumho Ecsta and a few bunch i didnt remember...

My personal opinion based on what I've used...

Bridgestone RE711 - Best for dry surface
Falken Azenis ST115 - Excellent in wet
Silverstone FTZ - Very economic to run for Sunday track day

zephyr3d

3,000 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
near steven's
ermmm ... i'm quite a fan of Azenis ST115.. itz marvelous in rain.. superb... was able to whack it hard in rain hit track without much prob, except once i pushed to hard that i side drifted out of the track.. .:P

otherwise i'm really happy for itz performance in wet.. :)

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
st115 bro.that what my friend told me.i only manage to use the older
model before.since then,i prefer yoko,bridgestone n dunlop.i really don't
mind about the noise.i'm more into grip.

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i tink i got the old stocks :( seem sucky
i go to menara axis , there is a bonggol made of rubber coating
u know wht , i spinned on it n it was hard to cross over , wtf man
i tink this tyres are out dated the ones im using or nt stored properly i guess

desmd99

Known Member
Feb 24, 2005
try falken ziex 512... u will be happy for both dry and wet. and the thread last lvery long.. and looks not too bad!!!

GroundZro

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
ST 115 not bad. 512 also not bad. 326 not that good. 215 very good.

jaydee123

Known Member
Oct 13, 2005
All tyres don't promote to reduce noise or better grip. They do only helps maybe less than 10%. Most of this problem is solve through various ways or technology. For noise, more luxurious cars have their cars heavily insulated to prevent outside noise(motorists & tyre noise, etc). For grip, they hv many technology names like DSC/TRC/EBD/ABS ...all those gadgets, who knows what.

To test my theory, try using a normal 19 inch sime tyre on a BMW 5-series and compare it with anything you all mention above. Try to track the difference. I bet there is only marginal difference, only can track with high tech sensitivity test mechanism. Can't really try with your feeling or naked eyes.

Just my 1 cent.

GT_AUTO

3,000 RPM
Oct 25, 2005
K.Trg
www.facebook.com
hehehe....bro jaydee,there's a lot of misleading statement leh in ur post.
i don't want to argue with u on this but i'm sure other will.i'll just give u
an example.quote"all tyre don't promote to reduce noise or better grip"
yokohama AVS dB.key feature is low noise.yokohama ad07.
key feature is dry grip.u can check out their website for more info.

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
Ill go for Azenis ST115, been using for about 3 1/2 years and still i preffer this tyres, im travelling to and fro from K.L to J.B once a month, and the tyre are still in good condition, its good for dry and wet condition, well for the noise i still say it depends on the car, just my opinion.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
I've had a bad experience with Azenis ST115 with my 4WDT car now. Big Regret bought the tyres!. Such tyres really not stable during high speed cornering (>200kmh). Gila meh!

My other car with Yokohama A/C-Drive proved otherwise. High speeding quite stable in any condition. For me Yokohama still the best lor.

mathavan

Nov 13, 2005
I've had a bad experience with Azenis ST115 with my 4WDT car now. Big Regret bought the tyres!. Such tyres really not stable during high speed cornering (>200kmh). Gila meh!

My other car with Yokohama A/C-Drive proved otherwise. High speeding quite stable in any condition. For me Yokohama still the best lor.
So far havent try high speed cornering with Azenis, maybe ur rite, what is the price like for Yokohama tyres, is it much cheaper then Azenis? Pls advise

Cheers

jinkl

4,000 RPM
May 22, 2004
Kuala Lumpur
i already threw away the falken ziez ,
took the azenis put it to the rear
went n got back my champion eagle f1 germany
it handles great , 200+ on nkve corners with nice stability n grip

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
bro aja, hw much iz the yoko A n' C drive? for hw many inch?
Yokohama A drive = RM240/pc . (Made in Philiphines)
Yokohama C Drive = RM330/pc. (Made in Japan)

Both tyre size 205/50/16, V rated tyres.

Those tyres i bought last year. Donno the price nowadays.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
So far havent try high speed cornering with Azenis, maybe ur rite, what is the price like for Yokohama tyres, is it much cheaper then Azenis? Pls advise

Cheers
As far as the 235/45/17 concerned, the price different between ST115 and Yoko AD07 (for example) is much !

The ST115 on 235/45/17 would price around RM470/pc, as compared with Yoko which cost around RM670/pc for the same size.

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
My opinion, Yokohama tyres might not be the best tyres during wet but of course i suppose only orang gila will high speeding during rainy days, isnt'?.

Yokohama tyres were superb and most stable during highspeed as well as cornering.

Never tried other tyre brand other than these 2.

satria_95

6,000 RPM
Jan 2, 2004
Malaysia
I'm using 14" Falken ST115. I'd say it's pretty good grip on dry road. I'd usually be able to catch a bit of a wheel spin when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear at the East In Hotel toll with my 15" Advan ad07, but I can't seem to get this 14" st115 to get that bit of wheel spin. hahaha
On wet road, I haven't fully tried it yet but on wet occasions, so far, it's been good. Even on roads that are not that wet and driving at safe speeds, I am able to see quite a lot of water being spurted out from the rear tyres. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if there's lots of water being spurted out of the rear tyres, it means that the thread is good at cutting through water?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Drive: Power is where the HRV Turbo score the highest points. Provides instant response, with very symmetrical throttle to acceleration ratio, refined power delivery, despite being fed through a cvt transmission. It is surprisingly parallel this time around, literally unelastic in most of driving situations. Has paddle shifters, a good to have necessity for demanding drivers.

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience