exhaust type

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
what is the type of exhaust muffler where a single pipe goes through the muffler with a few minor bends inside the muffler? i know the sflow is a s shape pipe inside the muffler and straight flow is the type where a straight pipe goes through the muffler without any bends. is the first type good on automatic cars?

JINEIL2EN

Over 10,000 RPM!
Sep 6, 2004
Island Of Pearl
team99ers.2.forumer.com
yes. u'r right.:_:

what is the type of exhaust muffler where a single pipe goes through the muffler with a few minor bends inside the muffler? i know the sflow is a s shape pipe inside the muffler and straight flow is the type where a straight pipe goes through the muffler without any bends. is the first type good on automatic cars?

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
huh?what i am right?lol...so the first muffler i mentioned is a sflow or straight flow?

m@ttz

1,500 RPM
May 7, 2006
klang
straight flow was the muffler dat u can see through, inside to outside, ask ur fren sit beside n see him through the muffler, if u can see him, confirm it was straight flow, hehe..

s-flow u can't see anything coz the pipe bend here n there, not gud enuf for pickup..

qkfxxxx

Jan 12, 2007
but the exhaust fellow said the one i mentioned with minor bends isnt sflow nor straight flow...but can see through one end to the other end of the whole if seen from different angles. unlike straight flow where at almost any angle u can see through or s flow where u totally cant see through the other end..

Maxx

2,000 RPM
Feb 17, 2005
PD-Putrajaya-KL
www.zerotohundred.com
i think its still straight flow. coz u said can see thru at an "angle" just the inlet and oulet r offset. (ie: oulet center, inlet off center).
kinda hard to find this muffler. usually custom made to fit.

if "true" s-flow, u cant see thru to the other side.