Exhaust size

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
i want to know wht will the performance be if my piping from engine to the middle is 2.5" den 3" all the way to the muffler wif 3" inlet muffler too..half 2.5" half 3" ... anyone got this setup for a GSR and wht is the performance like?

care to share? btw stock GSR only..not those 300bhp or watsoever heavy mod..and i want some good recommendation wht type of exhaust dat is reli reli reli noisy for a GSR..cus the muffler im using rite now, all i get is bassy ... i heard dat using long tip muffler will make alittle noisy compare wif those short tip muffler..is dat true? as far as i know, 5 Zigen got the longest tip among other brands..i like those VR4 sound , like a lorry..chun

and those who is interested/looking for muffler, im actually getting rid of my own muffler..

Custom made 2.5" mint condition, bassy and not loud even im using straight flow piping without any mid bullet or silencer..

Link :

http://www.zerotohundred.com/forums/index....showtopic=37685

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
brudder..if ur around kelana jaya....call me 017 3859991, we can meet up and i can give u a ride in my car...my exhaust piping is somewat similiar to wat u described and am using a 3 inch inlet muffler thats preety freaking loud....

wildboar

500 RPM
Jun 24, 2004
Penang
Visit site
ezwong is using this setup..u may wanna ask him..im pretty sure u will get slightly better performance, otherwise nobody would be doin it, rite...

erm..first time i hear sumbody wanting vr vr noisy exhaust sound :lol: ...CNY just around da corner la..those officers will be out to get angpows...careful man..

wan the noisiest?? get da smallest sized muffler wif a 3" inlet...or custom make one...3" inlet but 4" overall muffler diameter :lol: ...guarentee LOUD!!! if u use larger piping, say 3", u wud get a slightly louder & echo-ey sound..

saw one arospeed carbon fiber muffler...dunno how loud it is but the outlook is nice n its quite small...not sure abt the inlet size tho...

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Danny, with that set.. up you'll be looking at better pick-up but lacking a bit top-end. Sound is also more ganas! But since you like it... what the heck!!!! Lets hope you dont travel outstation often ...

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
speedz: anyway ill gif u a call if im around KJ..btw wht do u think overall? performance and sound?

wildboar: actually i prefer bigger muffler too..dun like those small muffler type, as in i want big and loud exhaust for my setup..eheheh..
and wow carbon fibre muffler, cant afford that man..i bet it will need 4 digit to own dat..eheheh..

alucard : actually, my car got speed cut, 180kmh, den lose to 1.6 satria liao..ehehe..btw u said lack of top end, wht do u mean by that? cus i want to feel the power even im in 5th gear..cus i tried putting piping only without muffler, i got good pick up in evry gear but RPM range is around 5k den above than that no power oredi, jus a noisy sound oni..this is the setup i want wen i change into the setup i mentioned above...2.5" head to middle and 3" middle to back wif 3" muffler

1st gear RPM 7k still got power, can feel the pressure
2nd gear RPM 7k same
3rd gear RPM 7k have to be better, cus my advantage is in 3rd gear
4th gear RPM 6-7k is more than enuf
5th gear RPM 6k is enuf cus i think speed cut oredi loe..

above statement is for wht im looking forward...

this is my experience wen i cut my muffler and running wif 2.5" piping oni without any mid muffler or bullet..jus piping from head to back 2.5"

1st gear RPM 5k maximum got power then 5.1k - 7k oni sound but car wont go any further..
2nd gear around the same
3rd gear worse, RPM 5k i dun feel my car is moving anymore
4th gear, no mood to drive fast cus cant even go at all
5th gear, got alittle pick up but until certain RPM den no power liao..

hopefully u mean by losing top end is not like dat..cus if i lose my top end, mebi from 160kmh - 180kmh den its ok..i dun mind that cus i hardly go to that speed around city area..i hope from 0 kmh - 160kmh take lesser time than current setup - ( 2.5" from head to back wif 2.5" muffler )

as in i want to have the same feel like the current setup im having straight flow piping wif 2.5" muffler..no donwgrade performance in high RPM wen i use 3" piping from middle to back muffler..

im jus afraid i might have the performance like wen i was running wif piping alone only..hopefully not..!!!

apislinkin

Known Member
Nov 9, 2004
JB
Visit site
i'm oso using 2.5" piping with matola (ayam) muffler.... the sound is like lori tanah when in high RPM... :D some people dun like thiz sound but not for me... :P

TD04L always lost power at top gear... mine also same.. :(

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
apis : tq for da info bro..btw care to show me some pics of the design ? i dun mind whtever matola or watoever, i want the sound only..i need the design and looks of ur exhaust so i can custom made from my own werkshop..my exhaust fren told me dat get this round silinder exhaust, same like im using rite now but new one of course cus sold liao, and he will add one more thing inside the exhaust and that will make loory sound..i love those VR4 exhaust sound..like lorry..btw yeah for standard 4g93t high rpm loose power cus snail too small liao..ehehe..

currently running without muffler , oni piping 2.5" all the way to the back..veri noisy and like the sound of it, and easy to do somethin like FireStar, engage gear den got pop damn loud,i wonder if ther is any backfire..eheheh..actually i like those sound without muffler oni piping alone for turbo cars, but no power at high rpm, so gota put muffler to gain back the performance but still need those lorry sound like no muffler..

guys need some feedbacks b4 CNY..

shud i go for 3" piping wif muffler or stick back to 2.5" .. btw if im using 3" im not making from the front to the back, ill join wif the 2.5" piping wher i cut it..means 3/4 is 2.5" piping then 1/4 is 3" piping..

i heard dat one putra 4g93t using this setup performance dropped, so he change it back all to 2.5" .. i know all these kinda things cant be explain ..oni trial and error but i hope to get majority opinions..so i dun waste too much bucks of trial and error ...

regards

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
gsr5559,
no prob call when free...as for my setup..i'm using 2.5' from nenas abt 1 feet to 3 " all the way to muffler 3 " inlet outlet 5"..no bullet or muffler..sound is pretty loud..as for performance..pickup got increase...slightly faster turbo spool...mine also got speed cut to 180 kiok reddy..but one thing for sure..very fast reach 180...rpm wise...tdo4 normally after 6k no semangat reddy.....and i do get the pop pop sound sometimes...damn cun..

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by speedz1665@Jan 15 2005, 20:08
gsr5559,
no prob call when free...as for my setup..i'm using 2.5' from nenas abt 1 feet to 3 " all the way to muffler 3 " inlet outlet 5"..no bullet or muffler..sound is pretty loud..as for performance..pickup got increase...slightly faster turbo spool...mine also got speed cut to 180 kiok reddy..but one thing for sure..very fast reach 180...rpm wise...tdo4 normally after 6k no semangat reddy.....and i do get the pop pop sound sometimes...damn cun..
eerrmm..den i shud consider getting 3" man..but ru sure that wif 3" u can reach 180kmh faster or is it becus of the sound that make u imagine? hopefully it is ur feelings towerds the speed man..ehehe..cant afford to do trial and error..
btw care to post sum pics or pm me ur exhaust pics..so dat i can custm made it..ehehe..

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
aiya...could be my feelings also ler..not sure..why dont u call me then i give u a rideler...habis cerita......

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by speedz1665@Jan 16 2005, 20:18
aiya...could be my feelings also ler..not sure..why dont u call me then i give u a rideler...habis cerita......
sure bro..will do that if i got time..nowadays bz wif my personal stuff man..ehehe..
btw tq veri much bro..jus cant afford doin trial and error wif exhaust setups

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
Originally posted by GSR5559+Jan 16 2005, 23:43 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GSR5559 @ Jan 16 2005, 23:43 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-speedz1665@Jan 16 2005, 20:18
sure bro..will do that if i got time..nowadays bz wif my personal stuff man..ehehe..
btw tq veri much bro..jus cant afford doin trial and error wif exhaust setups [/b][/quote]
U alwiz busy with 'personal' stuff la.. <_<
actually now same lah! I also very bizi with 'personal' stuff! hahaha!

Woi, you like VR4 lori saund, you just change to VR4 lah! kecooh la you!
Or better you buy lori instead. :lol: :lol:
rilek bro! play² only!

I think 2.5" enough la... but since you 'power' turbo change, maybe you wanna go for 2.5" + mid box, then 3" to exhaust. But you really free up a lot of backpressure, and makan more petrol. :ph34r:

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
hehehee...u like bassy but loud huh.....heheheee......last time im using 2.5 inch s-flow piping with tanabe g-medallion muffler.....nice bassy sound and can hardly notice its a turbo car......now i been tempted by carcass to buy his friend matspeed regrind cam and install into my car and the sound.....macam volkswagen beetle.....bising siut....but im darn satisfied with my engine now......

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
lekalo : yeah man..always bz wif personal stuff..ahhaha..
btw i dun think i want to put midbox le..cus im looking for reli noisy setup..this is wht i heard from a fren driving a turbo VR4 using 3" piping from head to back..he said though u cannot feel the G-Force at high RPM, but the car is still moving cus the RPm is still climbing, it feels lighter already..means still got power one..oni minus the G-Force only..
wht do u think? wen got muffler means can feel the G-Force cus got pressure i guess, but without muffler, the car is still moving fast but no G-Force feel and feel lighter too..due to no muffler oredi i guess..
gif comments on this..and no VR4 for me man..Roadtax mahal lee...summore gota go inspection and stuff lidat, no money le..

saga: actually i dun reli like bassy sound oredi..now i prefer big sound like VR4 and lorry sound..lastime my exhaust produces bassy but after driving it for awhile, boring liao..change taste..btw now im running without muffler, oni piping 2.5" from head to back..this is the performance i get..:::

RPM below 5k got G-Force and after that no G-Force but i know RPm is still climbing..i jus feel lighter and feel dat the car cant go any further..
and i thought of getting tanabe but custom made one le..jus he design only ill copy it..ehehe..but im afraid it wont be as noisy as expected..and different engine i know making different sound..but sumtimes i heard GSR got the lorry sound..i wonder wht exhaust setup they did..

wow..chun man..Matspeed high cams..not onnly VW sound but Subaru sound-a-like already..ehehe..ppl will think ur having Boxsterengine under ur hood..low profile man..ehehe..

my exhaust fren told me dat he will custom made for me one exhaust dat i want..but firstly i want to know wht design is nice and chun for a satria ... he will make one for me though it is not 100% look-a-like but at least 90% look-a-like..heheh..

so :
1> wht design of exhaust is nice for satria?, sum exhaust cant be custom exactly, like tanabe got holes at the tip dat one cant make holes, all smooth tips only.. and i know Border 304 can custom 90% look-a-like...

2? wht setup i have to do to gain power at high RPM 7k?? loud reli reli reli reli reli reli reli reli LOUD!!!!!!!! ... until can cause Tsunami..!!! joking only!!!

Saga Continue

1,500 RPM
May 14, 2004
Ampang Baybeh
Visit site
my friend did a setup like what u want......2.5 till middle and 3 inch straight to big kayu balak tabung at the back.....he said lost power laaaa.....donno laaa.....hes car is just 4agze supercharge with minor mods.....donno if u can achieve what u want with the same setups......but i think probably can la but loose lil bit of pickup.....

GSR5559

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
www.zerotohundred.com
Originally posted by Saga Continue@Jan 20 2005, 13:38
my friend did a setup like what u want......2.5 till middle and 3 inch straight to big kayu balak tabung at the back.....he said lost power laaaa.....donno laaa.....hes car is just 4agze supercharge with minor mods.....donno if u can achieve what u want with the same setups......but i think probably can la but loose lil bit of pickup.....
huhuh..if like that den i stick back to my 2.5" all the way man..cus my car oso no mods one..wah if i loose my pickup den wht do i have ? topspeed until 180kmh, den now no pick up..sure crazy shit let other cars win one..ehehe..

cus as i mentioned b4, one fella driving 4G93T Putra wif 3" all the way loose power for his stock engine..so he changed it to 2.5" and can feel the power gain more..

anyway thankz for ur info bro..will take note on that..still thinking whether to put in 3" from middle to back wif big muffler or stick back wif the current muffler setup 2.5" all the way wif 2.5" muffler./.sgh..

anyway after chinese new year only go custom made..now no money...dats why need u guys opinion to overcome my trial and error setup..ehehe..

btw from wht i heard, Turbo wif S-Flow muffler (like original satria exhaust but stainless steel and sporty look) is not advisable for turbo..too much restriction oredi..is it true..straight flow is better compare to S-Flow muffler..

care to elaborate alittle

mojotudam

Known Member
Mar 3, 2004
Visit site
hi all, currently i'm driving a wira with gsr wagon engine. however i still maintain the wira 1.8 exhaust piping because no money yet to do new piping. a few weeks ago i did safc tuning at n-1 racing. initially the dyno only showed only 144bhp for my car but after tuning the safc it increased to 166.61. i think this amount is still very low isn't it?
i'm planning to get a 2.5" straight piping done in the near future hoping that it would increase horsepower. must i retune the safc if i do so? what are the consequences if i don't?

speedz1665

500 RPM
Aug 3, 2004
mojo..may i know how much u paid for the dyno ah?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi Sifus,

My car bonnet was slightly dented from fallen object while parked under a tree :banghead:

I would like to know if there is any shop in KL or Ampang that can repair it without having to re-paint?

Thanks a lot
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience