.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

FuzzyKezzy

Apr 11, 2006
Bro, i remember you. How r u there?
Regarding ur question, many asked bout this. Good Q !

My personal opinion is that:

Swirling bullet/midbox helps to create backpressure. (only helps auto transmission)
Normal midbox or normal bullet is straight flow where u can see a straight hole from one end to the other.
I'm doing very well bro :regular_smile: thanx for asking. seems that you're picking up very quick on exhaust mod eh? haha. anyway thanx for your explanation. so i assume it's better for a manual to opt for full straight flow huh? cuz some friends of mine are using swirl midbox and a straight flow bullet... either a s-flow or straight flow. might need to change my setup soon :_:

lord petai

Sep 22, 2004
Bro,
now i used satria 1.6m with 2.0TB and straight piping(1.6'' ). The muffler is straight flow and the sound quit loud. I think to change it to S flow muffler with standart piping. wat ur opinion.?

one more thing, wat the different between (power) 4-2-1 with 4-1 extractor. it is ok if i used for my setup?

TQ for answer mt Q

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Bro Kweng,

So, with existing set up, Is it ok for me to run with 2 mid bullet? will affected my exhaust performance ? Pls advice.. Thanks.
If it is straight flow bullet, it will reduce the sound and won't affect the performance. You're welcome.
I'm doing very well bro :regular_smile: thanx for asking. seems that you're picking up very quick on exhaust mod eh? haha. anyway thanx for your explanation. so i assume it's better for a manual to opt for full straight flow huh? cuz some friends of mine are using swirl midbox and a straight flow bullet... either a s-flow or straight flow. might need to change my setup soon :_:
Haha :D Thanks. Full straight flow but careful when u changing for full piping. Don't go too big. Remain at proper size. If u wanna change ur setup, don't forget to find me. Hehe.. thanks!

Bro,
now i used satria 1.6m with 2.0TB and straight piping(1.6'' ). The muffler is straight flow and the sound quit loud. I think to change it to S flow muffler with standart piping. wat ur opinion.?

one more thing, wat the different between (power) 4-2-1 with 4-1 extractor. it is ok if i used for my setup?

TQ for answer mt Q
U got the right piping size. SFLOW? erm, why not you modify the centre part like adding flat midbox to reduce the noise. Straight flow muffler still suit for city driving. The problem will be always the sound matter. Try work on that center part. You can give me a call.

Most 421 gives pick up while 4-1 for high end. But nowadays, hybrids 421 allows both low and high end power. So, what i recommend is that you try reducing the sound first, then try out the power. If you're satisfied, i don't think u need to go for 421 design since you're having straight flow stuff after the extractor. Just my opinion.

aja_ali

Sep 7, 2006
Bro Weng....Could please help me with my question, if you free, please put the price together.

twodee

Known Member
Jun 13, 2005
jalan kebun
bro im using 4G91 carb on my saga...n planning 2 buy my frens putra hearder to change wif my stock 91 header...now im using 2" piping from da flex untill da midbullet(straight flow type) then to my muffler....i feel quite big loss on pickup n top end...what was my main problem bro? thanx in advance...

GenuinePart

Jan 16, 2007
www.advanceauto.com.my
I'm noob bro.. hehe:D
Auto or manual? U want a balanced setup.. hmm, if manual, u can go for a straight flow muffler and change that midbox to a new bullet. Best if u can get the 3-1 extractor change coz' after some years, the stock one will get torn. Piping size, i don't think u need to get it bigger, just change to same size. New one surely response better. Thats my opinion.
It's manual.

Can i just change the mid box to bullet and the end piping change abit bigger than ori piping size?

Coz i don want too loud ekzos system,just want smooth at pickup and high end.

Thk's to advice.

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi...Iam new to this exhaust modification.
My car is satria 1.5 (UK spec).It almost 11 years old.
I plan to modify the exhaust system.
I want Slow sound dont want bising2.
I want pick up. Top speed 160--180 km/h is enough for me.
What is ideal set up for my exhaust?
Please sifu out there help me...
Manual? 421 extractor, bullet, 1.7" piping, sflow (put on the original place) muffler. It will be quiet and it is balanced setup. U can call me if you're interested to do it.

Wer ur shop located? Able 2 re-fiber muffler??

As u said b4, 4 auto car bttr use 421 extr, but m used 41 4 my (M) car, doesn't satisfied lorr...
Bro, it depends on the individual. 421 usually for pick up while 41 for high end. So, what r u not satisfied with?

bro im using 4G91 carb on my saga...n planning 2 buy my frens putra hearder to change wif my stock 91 header...now im using 2" piping from da flex untill da midbullet(straight flow type) then to my muffler....i feel quite big loss on pickup n top end...what was my main problem bro? thanx in advance...
Usually the header for 4g91 is modified from putra. Is that manual or auto?
Yes, pls call me anytime.

It's manual.

Can i just change the mid box to bullet and the end piping change abit bigger than ori piping size?

Coz i don want too loud ekzos system,just want smooth at pickup and high end.

Thk's to advice.
Yes but how bout ur end muffler? Even you got good mods in front, if u still maintain with ur stock end muffler, i doubt the performance will it increase or not. If u want quiet, get sport sflow enough already.

Call me anytime.

dude,do u sell like this system?or sumthin like the same of this system?

Performance Parts Classified - Speed Sound System
Nope sorry.

[Joc]

Known Member
May 5, 2004
V6 Setup

Hi there,

Sorry if you've posted this setup before but this thread is 30pages already! Tried searching but no result so i'll ask...

whats the setup for a 6A12 V6, which is used in the Perdana? Would like those that are very quiet during idle and low revs, but gets louder above 5k rpm kinda thing.

BiG_M

Known Member
May 13, 2007
Hey guys,

I always smell heavy fuel smells(not the smoke smell) after a short distance of driving bout 10-15km, smell comes from the exhaust. So I wonder is there any solution for it?

Thanks!!!

[Joc]

Known Member
May 5, 2004
when was the last time you change your spark plugs? might wanna look at that first...

kweng84

2,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2005
PUCHONG
www.zerotohundred.com
Hey guys,

I always smell heavy fuel smells(not the smoke smell) after a short distance of driving bout 10-15km, smell comes from the exhaust. So I wonder is there any solution for it?

Thanks!!!
When does this start to occur?? Did u decat? What car r u driving? Have u tuned ur car air/fuel mixture to richer fuel?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I'm applying for a credit card, but still choosing among Maybank, CIMB and Citibank. Which bank offer the best credit card? Any idea?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience