.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

john_unai

Known Member
Aug 9, 2011
mtkb
The exhaust is trapped and released slowly that is why high end suffers, but you should get better mileage....:biggrin:
This is similar to Saga LMST noisy exhaust - better performance, my lady friend exchange to the Saga quiet exhaust - better mileage.....loss performance but being a lady she prefer quiet....:driver:
most probably going to change it again, damn waste of money.hopefully i can trade in the stock exhaust for some buck and reduce d cost since it been used for few day only :bawling:

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Different exhaust guy gave different opinion on my intention to decat...

This guy recommended a flat muffler instead of the round muffler....@ RM160 stainless steel muffler

He says flat one is more silent and better power...

Any professional or views from anyone?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Things that affect the sound in a muffler is the sound absorbing material used inside, length of the box and the tubing layout inside the muffler box. The box pattern is just a design.

LA, that guy that showed you the muffler is a straight flow or S-Flow type? The main 2 types which are very common is the oval type box or the round type box. Regardless of flow pattern, oval shape box packs more wool to reduce the noise compare to a round type.

Just my 2 cent

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Things that affect the sound in a muffler is the sound absorbing material used inside, length of the box and the tubing layout inside the muffler box. The box pattern is just a design.

LA, that guy that showed you the muffler is a straight flow or S-Flow type? The main 2 types which are very common is the oval type box or the round type box. Regardless of flow pattern, oval shape box packs more wool to reduce the noise compare to a round type.

Just my 2 cent
Yup, the tubing holes design also. Straight line, swirling design, and so on...

Last edited:

dannybboy87

Jan 29, 2013
Melaka
Hi ...

Newbie here. I am driving a Toyota Corolla SEG1.6 (1996 model) here. I am thinking to modify my car now. Looking for some mods that can improve acceleration.

I am looking for Custom Banana Manifold for 4A-FE engine. Is there any custom made available out there in the market? i plan to use 4-2-1 extractor on my car and straight flow muffler also ....

Will the Modification Above improve car acceleration and pickup or not? Is there any side effect on the car and will the JPJ kacau my car o not if mod it this way? The car is for Town use and sometimes outstation use too.

Thanks

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur

Just my 2 cent
TR,
I am not sure of its flow, I think its an empty, straight flow ovally square shaped type...

Got to check further with him...:confused:

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
LA, I think the one he showed you should be those straight flow type oval shape box. I have seen some on cars before. I think s-flow will suit you more if your car is AT. Plus straight flow in long distance drive can sometimes be annoying in the cabin due to the resonance from the exhaust...the bassy hum....

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
LA, I think the one he showed you should be those straight flow type oval shape box. I have seen some on cars before. I think s-flow will suit you more if your car is AT. Plus straight flow in long distance drive can sometimes be annoying in the cabin due to the resonance from the exhaust...the bassy hum....
OK TR,

I will ask for the S-flow, but do you think it will be suitable for my manual transmission car?:confused:

Oct 21, 2012
johor bahru
Hi! need some elp and advise what to do, i got a problem with my exhaust system. Mine is myvi 1.5 se auto tranny. my exhaust setup is hotbits 4-2-1 extractor, 2 mid box, 1 swirl centre bullets in the rear, theres alot of problem im having to install this set but the main thing is now when i drove my car for 1st, 2nd gear it ok but 3rd is halfway drop and on 4th totally drops and my top end ends on 131km with engine rpm sounds forced in low revving. for your info im still in standard ecu, planning installing piggyback this 2-3 days.

LittleWhiteWagon

1,500 RPM
Oct 12, 2009
P.J
Hi! need some elp and advise what to do, i got a problem with my exhaust system. Mine is myvi 1.5 se auto tranny. my exhaust setup is hotbits 4-2-1 extractor, 2 mid box, 1 swirl centre bullets in the rear, theres alot of problem im having to install this set but the main thing is now when i drove my car for 1st, 2nd gear it ok but 3rd is halfway drop and on 4th totally drops and my top end ends on 131km with engine rpm sounds forced in low revving. for your info im still in standard ecu, planning installing piggyback this 2-3 days.
Buang the swirl bullet. It doesn't do anything but ruin the flow of the exhaust, just replace it with a long straight through bullet...

DerrickEe

Known Member
Oct 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Changed my exhaust system yesterday on my manual 850cc Viva

3-1 extractor
decat
1.6" piping
bullet
straight flow muffler.

Did it from kweng. Satisfied with this setup, pretty good top end acceleration, but minor decrease in low end acceleration. Just sharing :)

LesleyAprotto

Banned
Jun 16, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Changed my exhaust system yesterday on my manual 850cc Viva

3-1 extractor
decat
1.6" piping
bullet
straight flow muffler.

Did it from kweng. Satisfied with this setup, pretty good top end acceleration, but minor decrease in low end acceleration. Just sharing :)
Derrick,

Can u pls tell me where is Kweng's shop?

Is he good?

Reasonable charges?

Can advice ?:confused::wavey:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

A friend of mine recently obtained a V-AFCII with a MIVEC converter for his 1.6Mivec. DOes anyone have the wiring and basic configuration for the V-AFCII?
I have the standard wiring diagram but this does not include the wiring diagram for the converter.

Help is highly appreciated.

edmund
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience