.: Exhaust Modification Corner :.

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
yo guys, i'm using aerospeed carbon muffler with one bullet center box. Its too loud and i wan to reduce the noise but i dowan to use the muffler's silencer cause too much power loss. is there any other ways to lower the noise?

yo guys, i'm using aerospeed carbon muffler with one bullet center box. Its too loud and i wan to reduce the noise but i dowan to use the muffler's silencer cause too much power loss. is there any other ways to lower the noise?without too much power loss

Bro kweng,

Besides of material quality, what is the different between Apexi N1 muffler with those normal straight flow muffler?
What I mean is in term of back pressure, exhaust gas flow etc..

Pls advise.. Thanks

bro kweng,
ryte now m using 2.3 inch piping and i have 2 bullets along the pipe.
m also using straight pipe muffler.but it is too loud for me.
so what should i do?do i have to put more bullets?bcos i dont wanna to change the muffler dowh.

yo guys, i'm using aerospeed carbon muffler with one bullet center box. Its too loud and i wan to reduce the noise but i dowan to use the muffler's silencer cause too much power loss. is there any other ways to lower the noise?without too much power loss

Bro, make two bullets or get another ovul flat midbox. It helps a lot in reducing the sound. Call me or sms me if u got any enquiries.

Bro kweng,

Besides of material quality, what is the different between Apexi N1 muffler with those normal straight flow muffler?
What I mean is in term of back pressure, exhaust gas flow etc..

Pls advise.. Thanks

Well, Apexi N1 muffler the body i think is roughly 6"-7". Not much difference with the HKS hi-power or the Tanabe Racing Medallion. It has almost the same backpressure elimination efficiency due to the same type which is straight flow. All u need to check is the inlet of the muffler and the body size. Some will not be suitable like HKS Super Drager which the body already quite big and not suitable for NA cars. (just for example)

bro kweng,
ryte now m using 2.3 inch piping and i have 2 bullets along the pipe.
m also using straight pipe muffler.but it is too loud for me.
so what should i do?do i have to put more bullets?bcos i dont wanna to change the muffler dowh.

Well bro, i assume u driving a manual EG with b18c engine. 2.3" piping and 2 bullets will be nice setup. But, if it is too loud, u can take out one bullet and replace it with a flat midbox. Flat midbox usually reduce more noise. I attach a pic for u to see here.

MIDBOX2.jpg

Hey guys...is it advisable to get a proper ccr (cat con replacement) or just change a normal bullet from ekhaust shop? will there be any significant diff in power or consumption?

Hey guys...is it advisable to get a proper ccr (cat con replacement) or just change a normal bullet from ekhaust shop? will there be any significant diff in power or consumption?

Bro, ask yourself lo.. if u want to have a green environment, get ccr ...else, for better FC and power, replace with a bullet.

Bro, ask yourself lo.. if u want to have a green environment, get ccr ...else, for better FC and power, replace with a bullet.

lol..my car comes with a cat con..my question is will the difference in power and fc be significant when replaced with a bullet?

master Kweng,

I have 1 question regarding ekzos system. My ride was 1.5 sohc vtec (m) in 2nd gen civic. Tis engine is connected to my existing std civic pipings wif 1.2"pipes, bullet & muffler. The only thing i do was install an open air filter. Each time tarik, vtec sound is very noticible.
But recently after install d extractor (4-2-1) together wif center bullet (local), muffler (local 5zigen) & 2"piping, vtec sound dissapear (totally canot hear d vtec changing sound). WHY ???

Btw, every person saying 1.7" lah, 2" lah, 2.5" lah n blar blar blar... So all tis is refer to the inner pipe or outer pipe diameter? many ppl refer to outside diameter if not mistaken but if let say the thickness of the pipe change then the actual volume of the pipe will also change. The thicker the pipe the smaller inner diameter it would. (juz urious bout tis thing)..

lol..my car comes with a cat con..my question is will the difference in power and fc be significant when replaced with a bullet?

So far everyone said yes. Theoretically also yes.

master Kweng,

I have 1 question regarding ekzos system. My ride was 1.5 sohc vtec (m) in 2nd gen civic. Tis engine is connected to my existing std civic pipings wif 1.2"pipes, bullet & muffler. The only thing i do was install an open air filter. Each time tarik, vtec sound is very noticible.
But recently after install d extractor (4-2-1) together wif center bullet (local), muffler (local 5zigen) & 2"piping, vtec sound dissapear (totally canot hear d vtec changing sound). WHY ???

Btw, every person saying 1.7" lah, 2" lah, 2.5" lah n blar blar blar... So all tis is refer to the inner pipe or outer pipe diameter? many ppl refer to outside diameter if not mistaken but if let say the thickness of the pipe change then the actual volume of the pipe will also change. The thicker the pipe the smaller inner diameter it would. (juz urious bout tis thing)..

VTEC sound? hmm, should be the bigger piping size changed that destroy the vtec sound. The piping inlet or diameter depends on the piping type. Some are thicker quality , some aren't. Best if you bring along the measurement tool to get precise value, else, just listen to the ppl who work there(not the noobies ;P). They should know which size suits u best.

bro kweng84 & all,

I am also looking to replace my muffler.
ever since I changed to my 4-2-1 header, dunno because better air flow or wut,
my muffler when rev hard sound so different from before. louder but sounds like crap.
my friend told me, need to "run in" the new header material first.

now since I am planning to replace muffler, I am looking for one that
has super sexy sound and can gain some good horsie. HKS Hi Power
can give me very nice sound at a cost of RM900. I don't mind since its
branded, sound sexy BUT, it is a straight flow. according to most of my
swiftclub members, all who installed oso lose low end power.:bawling:

any good suggestion for my Suzuki Swift 1.5 auto? My current 0-100km/h is in 9.18 seconds. I also prefer a titanium tip.

Some of the youtube videos of exhaust sound that I really like for your reference:-
YouTube - IS350 HKS Exhaust
YouTube - Lexus IS350 w/ LMS Exhaust

Please advise a heavy bass/nice sound + power muffler of stainless steel material. Thanx.
Do you guys do ceramic coating. Heard it's very expensive, RM700.

Last edited:
hi all sifus here,I m looking for Altis 1.8 4-2-1 extractor,whre can i get it ?

Hi Bro,how about exhaust system for kancil 660...can make that sound not like motorboat..??want vrooooommmmmmm....only..tq

bro kweng...do u re-fibre exhausts...?

i need to fibre back my tanabe ler

Bro,i have sent a pm..need ur muffler picture.

Hi Bro,how about exhaust system for kancil 660...can make that sound not like motorboat..??want vrooooommmmmmm....only..tq

Easy bro. You just need to control the high end sound by setting a good center part of your exhaust system.

bro kweng84 & all,

I am also looking to replace my muffler.
ever since I changed to my 4-2-1 header, dunno because better air flow or wut,
my muffler when rev hard sound so different from before. louder but sounds like crap.
my friend told me, need to "run in" the new header material first.

now since I am planning to replace muffler, I am looking for one that
has super sexy sound and can gain some good horsie. HKS Hi Power
can give me very nice sound at a cost of RM900. I don't mind since its
branded, sound sexy BUT, it is a straight flow. according to most of my
swiftclub members, all who installed oso lose low end power.:bawling:

any good suggestion for my Suzuki Swift 1.5 auto? My current 0-100km/h is in 9.18 seconds. I also prefer a titanium tip.

Some of the youtube videos of exhaust sound that I really like for your reference:-
YouTube - IS350 HKS Exhaust
YouTube - Lexus IS350 w/ LMS Exhaust

Please advise a heavy bass/nice sound + power muffler of stainless steel material. Thanx.
Do you guys do ceramic coating. Heard it's very expensive, RM700.

Look for a branded sflow if u want high end stuff. Prepare for a hole in the wallet :P Try look for the Tanabe S-flow. It should sounds nicer. Changing headers will make funny sound because exhaust flow is smoother and your end muffler couldnt support the high flow and thus, resonation failed somehow and creates the empty tin sound or what ppl call "cheap sound". A new bullet/midbox replacing the stock one is crucial in enhancing the sound. good luck!

Bro,

How about turbo setup 2.0 engine? currently I'm using 3" pipe straight flow from extractor to back and I just changing my muffler to custom made one.But still the sound is still to loud for my satria. Any solution? If I'm using center bullet to reduce the sound, will it going to kill my performance, since I like my current performance? Any back pressure issues?

Thanks

i need to know relation ship between piping size and piping diameter, can any one help?

Bro,

How about turbo setup 2.0 engine? currently I'm using 3" pipe straight flow from extractor to back and I just changing my muffler to custom made one.But still the sound is still to loud for my satria. Any solution? If I'm using center bullet to reduce the sound, will it going to kill my performance, since I like my current performance? Any back pressure issues?

Thanks
Bro, u mean something like 4g93t? If 3" straight piping, it will be nice for dragging. You can just add a 3" imported bullet roughly bout 300+, ur power won't be affected. Just the sound will be reduce. No backpressuring. Don't worry.

i need to know relation ship between piping size and piping diameter, can any one help?

U mean piping inlet size and piping diameter rite? inlet size u measure from inside and piping diameter u measure from outside. Usually the inlet is less than the diameter bout 0.05 inch - 0.1 inch.

I share my car Auto exhaust system.......
My s/s down pipe with coupling.

Aluminize Front pipe 1.6 and flexible pipe

Double bullet, create back pressure, after this bullet all 2 inch pipe

Mid silencer

Rear sport mufler

Top Bottom