Evolution IV Gear Box Oil & LSD Oil...

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Brain_of_JFK

Aug 3, 2006
Dear all Evo Guru,

I just recently acquired 2nd hand evo 4 and dunno which oil to use... there is so much oil in the market that i got confused. Please recommend. Help is very much appreciated.

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
I use ENDLESS 75w-90 for my E4 gearbox. Satisfied customer so far. :) Congrats on getting E4!

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Dear all Evo Guru,

I just recently acquired 2nd hand evo 4 and dunno which oil to use... there is so much oil in the market that i got confused. Please recommend. Help is very much appreciated.

Yo, Congratulation on getting de E4!!! Welcome to the Evo family!!!

As for de oils, i believe u r in de right place to ask for advise here!!! Wait til de Raya holidays over, then there wil b more members n frens replying u by giving their advises... Or u can do a search through our forum as v hv discuss this b4!!!

Cheerzzzzz... :biggrin:

Brain_of_JFK

Aug 3, 2006
Thanks bb1-man and Stormvolution 9,

Need all d help man.... Surely don't want some backyard mechanic screw my evo for sure.

Kinda hard to find rare aftermarket parts here in S'wak though.

Anyways, nice to hear from u guys.

palama2661

Known Member
Mar 21, 2006
haha...... front got 3 gear box... use LSD oil need to use BRANDED 1.... like ENDLESS... MOTUL... TOTAL... CASTROL but dun use cap "AYAM".
for the back (AYC) u "MUST" use original MITSUBSHI or TOTAL cause this is very important.
n the AYC oil must change every 5000km...if u not believe then u'll know...

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
In a nutshell, MUST use branded stuff, if you love your car that is.

75W90 GL-4 for gearbox and center diff, 80W140 GL-5 for rear diff.

Anyone got info on quantity needed or not? time for me to change oso...how many litres need to buy...

aja

4,000 RPM
Dec 3, 2003
AYC/ACD oil every 5k kms?. sure or not?. Mine have not change since. so far still selamat.

Sure or not?.

lanevo6

1,000 RPM
Sep 29, 2004
jb-melaka
Visit site
bb1,
Just some correction doesn't have to be BRANDED but Quality is more like it. Have you heard of Shell Spirax? I m using this gear oil its the highest grade of shell used in F1 but the price is half of endless and redline. I m frequent to track and drag served me well till now.

Palama,
Dont make ppl scared la...... AYC can be changed at 30k or 25k, if frequent to track 15k should be ok. Evo7 is advised to at 20k unlike older evos.

B18C-R

1,500 RPM
Mar 27, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Lanevo,

Good Advice ! I totally agree with the AYC oil change. Although most would say 5000km (actual guideline states 4500miles), is still ok for 20k if you are not that hard core so don't need to be paranoid about it. Of course if you want to spent the money to be 'on the safe side', by all means go ahead !

I've changed my AYC every 15-20k and this time round is my 4th change. Clocking 90k over mileage for the past 4 years. AYC still intact ***touch wood****

cannondale>

1,500 RPM
Apr 29, 2005
kepong
wah, u change the whole AYC every 20k? hmmm very rich la u :biggrin:

for me front and rear using redline and the ayc using the PROTON ATF SP III. ( i use long time liow ) the ayc bottle cap also stated atf spIII

for ayc oil u c some spare parts shop selling those in plastic container made by local mitsubishi dealer ( cant remember which name ) and those in metal can selling at sunway from japon.

Last edited:

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
bb1,
Just some correction doesn't have to be BRANDED but Quality is more like it. Have you heard of Shell Spirax? I m using this gear oil its the highest grade of shell used in F1 but the price is half of endless and redline. I m frequent to track and drag served me well till now.
Yeah thats a better word to be used. Quality. Eh no lar i never heard of shell spirax. Where can u get this oil? my gear/lsd oil due for change soon already lor...

any other non-branded quality gear oils i should know about?

Stormvolution 9

3,000 RPM
Jun 18, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
Lanevo,

Good Advice ! I totally agree with the AYC oil change. Although most would say 5000km (actual guideline states 4500miles), is still ok for 20k if you are not that hard core so don't need to be paranoid about it. Of course if you want to spent the money to be 'on the safe side', by all means go ahead !

I've changed my AYC every 15-20k and this time round is my 4th change. Clocking 90k over mileage for the past 4 years. AYC still intact ***touch wood****
LoLzzzzzzz.... :rofl: Very Lan si oh... Change de whole AYC every 15-20km... Hahaha... Sure like tht the whole system stil intact la...

Zzzz...

Gonna change my AYC oil during next service... Its abt 18k+ on the clock now... Hehehe... Me aunty type driver, so no need to panic la i think... :biggrin:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So I finally got fed up with my engine. NOT because it has no power, like seriously it was fun having to drive around town and not worrying about fuel in this little engine. But its been costing me unnecessary expenses. So I've made up my mind to disregard the small cc and op for something worthwhile. I plan to go with a 4g91, but then I heard people saying 1.3 chassis can go for 1.6 engine. That being the case, if lady luck is at my side, might as well go on a treasure hunt for a 4G92...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience