evo7 repaint

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
they charge me 2.2k.. including bumper refit.. there is big gap between headlight and bumper at passenger side..
i survey few workshop.. most of shop i ask they r charge around 1.5k - 1.8k.. but kung fu so so only..

the one i sent.. they got a blind guy worker to touch whole car to check the smoothness before going to paint..

hey johnny.. whats ur evo color now?
Wow.. sounds very pro.. 2.2k if good workmanship.. consider worth it.. i think the blind guy's pay oso not cheap for his talent..
mine now is white..last time is black, but kena stolen.. :bawling: so grab another one which is white.. :rolleyes:
Still the black evo is very garang.. tats wat my wife told me..:rofl:

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
Wow.. sounds very pro.. 2.2k if good workmanship.. consider worth it.. i think the blind guy's pay oso not cheap for his talent..
mine now is white..last time is black, but kena stolen.. :bawling: so grab another one which is white.. :rolleyes:
Still the black evo is very garang.. tats wat my wife told me..:rofl:
i insist use the brand is "bird logo" .. surprise me that they called in yesterday and said need to topup 300.. that brand paint coating price has raised..

so 2.5k total for just respray outside..

bird logo coating n paint.. we chinese call it "bird mark".. lol
got a friend car sprayed it.. 6 years until now the car paint still look very new. the "piano oil" seems still strong till now

btw when ur car stolen.. how much insurance can claim and how long they pay u?

Last edited:

Johnny_Tan

From Facebook
Aug 16, 2010
www.facebook.com
Bird logo ok ma.. but cheap oo.. mine oso sending for painting for certain area such as front & rear bumper.. hehe...

Myu car was stolen at my apartment area in sg buloh.. insurance clear all my outstanding loan with bank because my car bought not even 1 yr.. T_T..

dawg

Known Member
Nov 29, 2003
Selangor
dawgsevo.blogspot.com
Sorry to hijack thread, while we're on the topic of car spray painting, I too recently got my whole car respray back to its original Mitsubishi black (i think code is X42).

I paid around that price too, RM2.5k however my car had a lot of work to do because of the after market bumper installations for the front and rear. I would recommend them for sure because their services have been good and the owner is a friendly young chap. If I'm not mistaken he provided me with DuPont paint. Here is his contact for any one interested in touching up their car. Terry (Ah Chung), 019 763 6080. Tell him Kelvin Evo introduced and check whether there is discount for Evo owners =p

If anyone is interested, the workshop is located in Jalan Puteri 5/18, Bandar Puteri Puchong. Name of workshop is AutoPoint (corner shop unit end of the lane).

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
Sorry to hijack thread, while we're on the topic of car spray painting, I too recently got my whole car respray back to its original Mitsubishi black (i think code is X42).

I paid around that price too, RM2.5k however my car had a lot of work to do because of the after market bumper installations for the front and rear. I would recommend them for sure because their services have been good and the owner is a friendly young chap. If I'm not mistaken he provided me with DuPont paint. Here is his contact for any one interested in touching up their car. Terry (Ah Chung), 019 763 6080. Tell him Kelvin Evo introduced and check whether there is discount for Evo owners =p

If anyone is interested, the workshop is located in Jalan Puteri 5/18, Bandar Puteri Puchong. Name of workshop is AutoPoint (corner shop unit end of the lane).
thx.. but it's too late i edi sent my car to respray. She is ready to collect at next week.
but still interesting to see ur evo.

Got any TT soon? except the GT sepang at June 10th... i can't go bcuz of work.. ^^

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
as promised.. ..
here two pic first.. later few days i change my tyre n rims then i upload again with some close shot.

i guess i need find a place with better angle and space..
btw i kind of regret to respray same color.. i shd go for my favor blue.>.<

u might notice my right headlamp yellowish.. yes.. cause i use headlamp cleaner and only just cleaned the left one.. and proved it really works. But i still look for headlamp and rearlight of 8MR or 9MR ^^

btw the vented hood really helps a lot.. my oil n water temp now lower than before.

Attachments

Last edited:

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
Badge i removed it. Moved my horn to hidden place as well. Previous owner put the PIAA horn behind the grill.

Recently replaced my rear light and headlamp with e9 one. Here is the pic after sprayed and "before" i change the headlight.

Surprised me after i change the evo 9 headlight..she looks marvelous.. i will the post the pic later with better camera quality.

Attachments

Last edited:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Badge i removed it. Moved my horn to hidden place as well. Previous owner put the PIAA horn behind the grill.

Recently replaced my rear light and headlamp with e9 one. Here is the pic after sprayed and "before" i change the headlight.

Surprised me after i change the evo 9 headlight..she looks marvelous.. i will the post the pic later with better camera quality.
Bro, you mean E9 rims and not headlight right? Sexy looking bro, nice!

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
ok ok.. not pictures yet la... I thot u had the comparison picture there. quick quick, share piccie!

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Perhaps this is personal preference... I think that the original headlamp looks better with the squarish Evo VII bumper and hood.

ahlim13

Oct 9, 2006
Ordered a CT9A garnador side mirror.. now waiting aycy delivery to me :)
btw here pic before change side mirror.

Attachments

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

any sifu can help me on this??i wan to turbo my toyota 4K engine..wat turbo can use and wat modifications need to be done..juz wan increse some extra power...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience