Engine Pics

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

phat7

2,000 RPM
Ok. as many here know i'm in the process of rebuilding the engine. Let me just quickly add, being OCD really doesn't help especially if you have no time. This engine has taken approximately 45 days and close to 50-60hours to build especially so with our special "k" ports.

Here are some pics of before and after for your enjoyment. kindly add your own pics whould you have any.

Before
Picture2392.jpg

After
IMG_6087.jpg

ps: the "d" on the rotor housing stand for Dangerous~LOL:shades_smile:

hey dev nice stuff, have u finish it yet? im willing to help out mate as i can learn(copy cat) along haha

hi eric,

finished everything. now i've gotta wait for more parts to arrive. when are you coming back??

:( will here for sometime mate, hope we can for a a tt when im back or see u at the track eventhough im not going into track though, i'll jus drop by over thre

Dave... all i can say...

sweeeetttt.... how much power will u be expecting ? what's the turbo u gonna put in ? TD07 ?

u can remember all the bolts that u took off ar ?

Impressive

Wow Dev your engine looks fantastic....what a transformation! Have to give a big thumbs up to the bloke who painted those shiny blue iron housings!! Rock on dude.:shades_smile: If only more rotorheads took so much pride and care in their engine like you...

wahh,,, dave
u polished out all the thing loh...look sooo niceeee.....

thanks guys. its been a long time coming. this would not have happened if not for glen and kace. the polishing work is not finished yet as i hope to seal in the shine with some special compounds i manged to get. so this weekend is going to be more work.

alchemis: i hope to have 180rwhp ;)
13btt: i have a close friend from Bosnia that excels is painting engine housings.lol
alex_77: cheers!!

darn :P

mine not 180rwhp already lor...
should be increased... expecting at least 240 to 250 haven't dyno yet.

you manage to assemble up everything before the track day ar ?

remember to bring one camera and shoot some videos when u dyno your ride...

*gasps*

gotta love that shiny alternator housing, with it being in the middle of the engine bay. Its sure to catch lots of stares !!!

Beautiful hardware...and admirable attention to detail... :shades_smile:

Cheers mate. Great work.

narx- whats up fellow pg kia. yup i;ve documented the whole process.

sarukun- thanks

I have more pics soon

teardown 1
Picture2029.jpg

teardown 2
Picture2394.jpg

RE LIM Before Polishing
CarProjects007.jpg

Cleaning in Progress
CarProjects026.jpg

Painting - notice the sexy legs??
fb86eb0a.jpg

hey dev, ur blue paint is temp proof? haha looks like it, cos the bottle is abit different. when u open up, hows ur apex seal looking? must learn from you how to take out the parts mate

phat7, nice paint job.
how did u cover the parts you do not want to get the paint on? mind sharing?

Last edited:
Top Bottom