Engine auto shutdown

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
Hi all,
Help needed from you all again to understand what going wrong to my car again.... previously got gear box problem (fixed on Jan 2013) and cooling fan's ecu problem (fixed a week ago). Now I found my car auto shutdown in few minutes after the engine started, it is just happened 8:30pm today. someone can tell me what going wrong to my car????? I try to drive it and engine shutdown again few minutes after also....

leonl

Known Member
Aug 16, 2009
USA
Hi all,
Help needed from you all again to understand what going wrong to my car again.... previously got gear box problem (fixed on Jan 2013) and cooling fan's ecu problem (fixed a week ago). Now I found my car auto shutdown in few minutes after the engine started, it is just happened 8:30pm today. someone can tell me what going wrong to my car????? I try to drive it and engine shutdown again few minutes after also....
A little more details will help. Are you driving the car when it shuts down or just idling.
Any "strange" noises? When it is off, is the dash lights on or completely OFF. Alarm issue ??
Check battery connections and ground, make sure they are tight and good connections.
Then check fuel related like fuel pump if it is going.
Then check sparks if you get any.
etc.

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
yes, the engine icon light is on. Car cannot start in few minutes... let it cool down and it is able to start back after, but it going shutdown again after 1-2 minutes again. no "strange noise", all lamp, signal, air-con and DVD player are working fine.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Before this happen, we're there any incident like erratic boost up n down during hard acceleration?

Highly chances due to MAF sensor. If you have not change before and your car is over 6 years old, it's time to replace it. It's not cheep n preferably new. Mine broke down during CNY where all shops were closed.

Most Airtreks are old, so these problems are unavoidable. Sorry mate. If yr in KL, just send it to Ah Wah's shop to have it diagnose.

kaninbu

500 RPM
Dec 2, 2008
KL
bro,
too many parameter to consider,airflow sensor,fuelpump,sparkplug,old wiring to pump,immobilizer,stepper motor,trottle body n blah blah blah.
juz bring to a mech.an expert will tell u immediately whats the prob,an amateur will check almost everthing.

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
I from Penang and now the car can't drive already, the engine off in 2 minutes time. The MAF is near the throttle body ones?

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
MAF sensor is near the air filter where it looks like netting of wires. It's to sense the airflow and send signal to the ecu.

jackng78

Nov 25, 2012
Penang
Just took my car to Mitsubishi service center and found the Coil faulty. (items connected plug). Everyone know where I can get this part? please call my cell phone 012-4981238

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone have the above can advise about its advantages/disadvantages?

Are you able to receive the signal within shopping malls?

Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience