e manage acc

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
dear frenz and sifu...

im a bit confused here and seeking some explaination... im currently doing BOT to my car. I've got a 2nd hand unit of emanage... which come only with the blue box and almost complete wire ( i guess it's called harness is it? ) my question is, do i need to get a map sensor... the one that people usually refer to as 3 bar map sensor. Also, i was told by a fren... i need to get a pressure sensor. what is that?? or is it the same thing as the map sensor? if i plan to use another set of electronic boost controller... do i still need to get these sensors? hope u guys can help me....

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
The 3 bar map sensor is only to tune it with a reference. But the alternative mapping of the emanage will still refer to our car original mapping.

If ur car using MAF, then will follow the maf.

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
The 3 bar map sensor is only to tune it with a reference. But the alternative mapping of the emanage will still refer to our car original mapping.

If ur car using MAF, then will follow the maf.
thanks for the explaination... but what do u mean tune it with reference?? dont really get that..

speed2horizon

2,000 RPM
Jun 4, 2006
U cannot be seeing too many things in 1 time when u drive and ur tuner tune the car. Ur rpm, ur boost, ur wideband. So, the engine behavior history will be recorder in the e-manage temporrarily.

So concentrate on the wideband and rpm. then when u refer back on the graph in the laptop, u can see the boost input signal along ur rev....

When did the boost kicks in and things like that...

U can even tune the car without the MAP sensor...