DYNO

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hi,

i hope u guys can give me recommendations on where can do dyno in Lembah Klang area. i know that certain2 reputable worksyop such as GTA, N1, Speedworks bla bla got dyno machines but which one u think THE BEST according to ur opinion.

state the worksyop name, address, price per dyno and why this shop dyno's better than other.

i hope can get good response from u guys becos i would like to do dyno on my car in short time.

p/s: owhh 1 more thing..i want dyno for power only...not dyno tuning

DJ-EVO3

Known Member
Sep 25, 2004
Sri hatamas
Visit site
I prefered GT auto but... if u just want to know ur HP only..

hm.. I'm not really sure whether N1 racing's stil having the promotion but

I asked them last time only to test ur car to know ur HP.. they will

charge u RM80 -100... sorry... I can't remember the actual price..... :P

u can call N1 directly....

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
If you only want to dyno for power reading, then its better to go to dyno shop who knows wat they are doing.

Last time got dyno shop who give dyno runs. But the people who prep the car for dyno run dunno wat the cock they are doing.

THey never (actually they dunno how) check whether your engine is fit for dyno or not.

So many story of engine pecah, this pecah, tat bocor from tat shop.

At one occasion (I was watching one of their so called "chief mechanic") dynoing a car.

Suddenly there was no A/F reading, guess wat the mechanic did?

He walks to the rear, takes out the lambda sensor, gives it a good thud on the floor :blink: then puts it back into the exhuast. Champion or not?!?!?

During dyno, your engine will be revved to its miximum, so if there are any parts of your engine which is prone to fail, IT WILL FAIL.

Basically, most of the dyno shops around Klang Valley can give a dyno run but do they know how to dyno your car and not kill the engine.

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
hmmm i heard about that story also..now u tell me and i believe it's not rumours anymore lah. heard that the shop is cheap on dyno..so, many do not know the story recommend me to go to that so-called reputable shop. hmm

thanks joeker for ur info...but then what shop is ur recommendation then ? maybe its a bit bias but dun worry la..its ur opinion...everybody have right to recommend any shop he want.

pls convince me the shop that u trust the most

Joeker

Walking Dead
Nov 19, 2003
Jinjang
Visit site
I think you already know which dyno shop or shops which have competent engineers. ;)

GT20v

1,500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
SDF,
gt auto got dyno right?
how much a dyno with af reading?
how many run?

thnx

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
my personal preference - Links Dyno (behind amoil) for those who doesn't know.

is DMT still closed? have not been down there for a while, heard KSP/SSRacing bought it. tat should be a good dyno.

If you ask me, all of them would know what they are doing. coz no one invests that much money and not know what it does.

we're not comparing tuning here, for a horse power run, it's all the same. but make ur comparisons on gains after mods at the same place. dun dyno here and there and complain they give diff reading. there's too many factors to explain this.

if u do ur dynos at only one place, it's the best indication.

i think what u should be looking at is the PRICE. u may only be saving max 50.

sorry if i am abt to annoy someone, but i dun like N1. i dun like the dyno and i dun like it how they charge extra for the air fuel.

i have been going to speedworks and links dyno. links ppl know more, speedworks for a quick run.

flamefox850

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Pasir Mas
www.geocities.com
yeah i agree..that run dyno for power not so much different. but i've been told by experienced person is...there will be different in WORKMANSHIP. certain2 'reputable' worksyop got not so good workmanship, not telling u whether ur car is in good condition..suitable for dyno or not. then they just dyno it even though they engine not suitable for dyno yet..in the end when our engine 'pecah', they blame us for having bad condition engine.

can anyone comment on this ?

monmon

Known Member
Mar 13, 2004
Constant move
Very true.

But I think they cannot really be blamed. There really isn't a way they could possibly know the condition of your car. Is there really a guideline to what car could be dynoed and what couldn't?

One question which has always bothered me is: We drive a normal car, the minute we convert it into a turbo (from the NA engine of coz). We can almost immediately know we do not have sufficient fuel. This makes it dangrous to dyno, revving it to 8k...

but without dyno'ing, we couldn't possible get the air fuel ratio to make the necessary adjustment via tuning.

The question is, dyno or not? isn't it contradicting?

Speedworks and Links I notice do ask their customers to sign forms, so they do not take responsibilities. They also ask if you service your car regularly.

Anyone care to ellaborate?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The tranquil atmosphere of A’ Famosa Resort, Melaka, was broken by the sounds of rumbling exhausts as about 30 cars from Kuala Lumpur, Seremban, Melaka and Johor converged at the open air car park of A’ Famosa Waterworld to take part in the inaugural MLOC Gymkhana Super Series 2010. - by Mizunori for MLOC...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience