DSLR Camera shop recommedation

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Alot ppl say Sg. Wang Bo-ieng give the best price around in KL. Is that true ?

Am looking for either Nikon D80 or Canon 400D

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Yeah....heard bout that too.....but are they anywhere else.....I'm eyeing on the Olympus E-500 or 300......

fcuk

Nov 8, 2004
g88 , go and check out at YL CAMERA at jalan pasar,jalan pudu..look for desmond..i heard that he can give resonable price...or one more at SELANGOR PHOTOGRAPHER at pertama complex...

good luck!!:shades_smile:

May 17, 2006
ya i bought my 1st dslr at that shop. they affored me a nice price for the camera and some goodies..

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
anywon got review bout olympus E-500??? planning to get that.....

BluecluBBy

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
i would prefer to have a Nikon D80 instead of Olympus E500...
just in my dream....

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
i heard the cheaper version of dSLR have (unacceptable) noise level if using ISO higher than ISO100. cheaper dSLR = D40, D80, sony infinity,....well within the range of ~RM3k.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
so olympus dSlr no good ar.....Nikon better????

sotplugDESIGNER

Apr 20, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
NSkyline,

hi bro, actually u cant compare just like that, cause different brand got their own advantages, just like some ppl like NIKON's colour and some like CANON's focusing speed.

it's depends on what do u want/need actually. NIKON & CANON are the famous and guarantee brands plus they have wide range of lens that provide trusted quality. Not say that Olympus not good, just u have to consider deeply izit u really wanna choose Olympus,yalah cheaper price and got twin lens starter kits but not-so-famous camera (nah i didn't talk anythg bad bout Olympus haha). If u clear up ur mind, think bout it "why nikon & canon don't have to offer twin lens starter kits"

cheers~

Last edited:

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Dear Bro sotplugDESIGNER,

I see your point there too....true I'm considering E500 becoz of the affordability and the package. No doubt Canon and Nikon are more the trusted Slr around....I was looking at D70/80 but after knowing that within RM2600++ i can get E500 why not?? (offered by fotokem) that is why....i'm still surveying cause is my one time big investment.....currently mine is Olympus Digicam 4MP with 3zoom.....happy with it....but can it be a big jump for me moving to DSLR???

BluecluBBy

Known Member
Apr 3, 2006
hey :-) try checking out the SONY a100, heard that it uses the same ccd as Nikon D80

sotplugDESIGNER

Apr 20, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
halo NSkyline,

Erm actually it's depends on urself whether which brand do u prefer more, like me,all my friends around holding NIKON (cilaka betul haha) but im still going for CANON Dslr since im using Canon film slr before(oledi familiar with the functions and the position of the buttons,tats y haha)...

Like ur case, since u holding a Olympus cam, for sure there will be some feeling of taking olympus again haha..

But then, before u thinking of whcih brand to take, here's the prob, "do u wanna upgrade ur lens/other things later?"

1st, if u just feel like compact digital not enough for u,feel like wanna get a better cam mayb like DSLR or even PRO CONSUMER for better playing,not going to upgrade any lens,then it's ok for u to take the olympus

2nd, if u feel like ur compact really cant fit ur needs and feel like getting a camera tat can change lens,upgrade flash,or with better/high-end functions,then u should "put ur pillow higher and think about it deeply" haha

Ok lets come to sub topic,
If u r in 1st case, then u can consider about PRO CONSUMER camera also, since it provide better fucntions than normal compact and still offer video recording which DSLR dun have haha,but if u dun care about video,then no prob for u to take DSLR

If u r in 2nd case, then u should think deeply oledi, i din said/mean tat olympus not good, just when u wanna upgrade ur lens/flash, there's always limited choices only (NIKON CANON got 3rd parties supplier examples TAMRON, SIGMA)

By the way, im not pro in photography yet but i always heard people saying "IT'S NOT THE GEAR, IT'S THE PERSON BEHIND THE GEAR" haha, so it's really up to u which to choose, im just gv some lame point to let you think deeply hahaha

Cheers~ HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!!

*sorry about the Manglish coz typing this in rush haha

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
Bro....I agree is not so much the Gear but the person Gearing the kit......I just notice that you are using Canon EOS400D.....nice.....good low noise.....I read from forums. You had any xperience with any Nikon??? blardy expensive right....got to pay additional for the some software I heard....sigh...i think i better...do more research la....b4 commiting to one.....

sotplugDESIGNER

Apr 20, 2004
Selangor
Visit site
haha im not pushing you to choose either Nikon or Canon, of coz it's up to you right especially your budget, yup do more research before you really stepping into 1 of the "world" haha, good luck ya~!!! ^^

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
what's the latest price for 400D kit set now ?? Original and location to buy. Prefer bundle with 1GB or 2GB CF...+ alot more gadget if can la hehehe...

polkiuj

Apr 29, 2005
Hi all. I'm quite new to this photography thing, so feel free to correct me anythime.

For 'real' shooters (u know who u are), i'll say stick to Nikon and Canon. U know they'll be around 10 years down the road (fyi Minolta just bit the dust) and U know they are the best to invest in a dSLR and of course, the 100 ga-zillion lenses, flashes, this-ses, that-ses available.

From my limited knowledge (I only have a Powershot A530, whis is great btw. Go Canon compacts!)

Canon - Awesome Auto Focus. Super for sports and moving stuff. And picture quality. But needs to be 'babied' a lot. Best for sports and studio photography.

Nikon - For everything else, there is Nikon =P Nikon's exposure and metering is spot on (ages ahead of Canon). And the highly sought after 18-200mm VR lens =P

Olympus is a far third.

Cheap dSLRs DO NOT suck at high ISOs. FYI the Nikon D40 does NOT have ISO 100. It starts at 200. And the D40 is the best u can get unless u can afford a D200 (which is a LOT more).

All in all, it's not the camera, it's the photographer.

just to share.
KenRockwell.com
read all about it here, and all about photography. hope it makes us all better in the end =)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Previous versions of the Pagani Zonda have been beautiful machines, with their hand-crafted interior and intricately-designed exterior. Matched with powerful engines, they are the perfect blend of comfort and performance. A pratical road-going, easy-to-drive supercar, you might say.

However, some customers might find the Zonda a bit too civilised. It may lap the Nürburgring in 7:32 but for some, it's...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience