do not go to this workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia
Anyone heard about Maximum Auto workshop located at Jalan P.Ramlee in Penang island? Do not patronise this workshop or you will be regret. Don't even goto this workshop for oil changing or simple repairing job. I had a very bad situation and experience from this idiot machanic called ah seng. I sent my car for a overhaul and end up my engine block gone. And the job also can't finish as promised date and delay until 1 month plus. My friend went to this workshop for routine oil change. After 3 weeks later find out lub. oil leaking problem, send his car to other workshop check and found out the screw for the oil pan didn't screw properly and nearly fall out from oil pan. This is very careless and unforgivable mistake can be made.

Please circulate this info to your friends surrounding you and prevent them to be a victim from this lousy workshop.

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia
Anyone heard about Maximum Auto workshop located at Jalan P.Ramlee in Penang island? Do not patronise this workshop or you will be regret. Don't even goto this workshop for oil changing or simple repairing job. I had a very bad situation and experience from this idiot machanic called ah seng. I sent my car for a overhaul and end up my engine block gone. And the job also can't finish as promised date and delay until 1 month plus. My friend went to this workshop for routine oil change. After 3 weeks later find out lub. oil leaking problem, send his car to other workshop check and found out the screw for the oil pan didn't screw properly and nearly fall out from oil pan. This is very careless and unforgivable mistake can be made.

Please circulate this info to your friends surrounding you and prevent them to be a victim from this lousy workshop.

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia
Do not goto this workshop

Anyone heard about Maximum Auto workshop located at Jalan P.Ramlee in Penang island? Do not patronise this workshop or you will be regret. Don't even goto this workshop for oil changing or simple repairing job. I had a very bad situation and experience from this idiot machanic called ah seng. I sent my car for a overhaul and end up my engine block gone. And the job also can't finish as promised date and delay until 1 month plus. My friend went to this workshop for routine oil change. After 3 weeks later find out lub. oil leaking problem, send his car to other workshop check and found out the screw for the oil pan didn't screw properly and nearly fall out from oil pan.This is very careless and unforgivable mistake can be made.

Please circulate this info to your friends surrounding you and prevent them to become a victim from this lousy workshop.

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia
do not goto this workshop

Anyone heard about Maximum Auto workshop located at Jalan P.Ramlee in Penang island? Do not patronise this workshop or you will be regret. Don't even goto this workshop for oil changing or simple repairing job. I had a very bad situation and experience from this idiot machanic called ah seng. I sent my car for a overhaul and end up my engine block gone. And the job also can't finish as promised date and delay until 1 month plus. My friend went to this workshop for routine oil change. After 3 weeks later find out lub. oil leaking problem, send his car to other workshop check and found out the screw for the oil pan didn't screw properly and nearly fall out from oil pan.This is very careless and unforgivable mistake can be made.

Please circulate this info to your friends surrounding you and prevent them to become a victim from this lousy workshop.

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia

Rex551

Known Member
Sep 11, 2009
Penang
Quicker,
Thanks for the info. I really agree with you that we guys online should highlight all bad experiences with greedy lousy mechanics. Lately, I also faced the same bullshit.
Last weekend I wanted to go do engine tuning for my car. After checking with a few Proton service centres in Penang, I realized that each service centre, charges differently for the same job. There's one Proton service centre in Jelutong beside Puspakom near "The Spring" condominium. It is behind the Shell Petrol station at the coastal road towards the Penang Bridge. They charge RM85 just to tune the engine while another Proton Service centre charged me RM35 only. What's more funny is that each centre recommends different types of Engine Oil brands. One centre says Petronas, while others recommend Shell and mobil. Which is it ?. Bottom line is, just don't trust what the Proton Service centres tell you....

quicker

Jun 29, 2005
malaysia

Nov 13, 2009
Penang
We got to have more of this caution so more of our bro out there can skip all the trouble going to the wrong workshop.

I had a bad experience just a few month ago too with this workshop in Farlim which is just opposite the old Sunshine. It's called Hun Teik Auto . If any of the Penang bro reading this, pls try to avoid going to this shop. I brought my sister's car for a full checkup cos I was planning to go outstation and would like to hav a safe journey to KL. After the mechanic checked the car I was told the car needs oil change this and that. I agree to that since I'm going long journey and I don't want any trouble. So he proceed to do the oil change, timing belt and stuff. And it cost me almost RM600.

So after all this I drove confidently and start my journey to KL but when I was about to reach Taiping, my car came to a halt and wouldn't even start. So it has to be towed to the nearest workshop and to my horror the mechanic there told me my engine jammed cos there wasn't any engine oil left due to a leak in the timing oil seal. Since I hav somthing to take care of so I had to take a bus to KL and leave my car to that mechanic. After all the trouble I finally got back my car and also been presented to a hefty bill.

The thing that made me mad was when I went back to Hun Teik Auto to relay the matter to him, he acted like this is none of his business and told me I should've tow the car back to him instead of having it repair in Taiping. I was just pointing out to him that his careless has cost me a lot of money so he should be more careful instead but the reply I got from him is like I should have bring back the car to him in the first place, but since I brought it to another mechanic, it's none of his business:banghead:. So lastly I told him if he is not expertise in this field, do not open for business. It will cost others a lot of trouble. So beware all our bro out there, watch out for this shop if you don't want to experience what I went through.

tomyam123

Nov 8, 2009
Penang
seems like penang have lots of bullshit workshop.
sg2 one just the same. chop people like chicken chop.

maybe it is easier to open a thread regarding RELIABLE workshop at penang.
more expensive nvm, as long as good workmanship is given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Why Bird Poop Etched on our paint

"Question: How long does it take for a bird dropping to etch paint?

Answer: A few minutes." Mike Phillips

"Remove Bird Dropping Etchings ASAP!
It's important that you remove a bird dropping off your car's finish as fast as you can before it can cause any damage. Bird droppings contain Uric Acid and Uric Acid is corrosive enough to eat past a coating of wax or paint sealant and then begin to etch your car's paint."...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience