Diy : Air Twister - Swirl The Air !

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search
-storm- said:
Dono la my throttle response is better la. Can confrim that! :_:
this surbo thingy vr much depends on how u fix it lar... if u fixed it wrongly, no effect + restriction lor... if fixed correctly, got abit effect lor..

so, mayb i fixed it wrongly... haha... never bother to recorrect it...lazy la....

Hehe new update, =p this device save fuel oh! I think is because i got an oversize i mean really oversize throttle body, now i added this thing the air is much more restricted i think, so i summerise that less air = save fuel. but dono y throttle response is much better! :X-:

hi all,

I have a suggestion for easy way to get spoiled pc fan, just post a tread for require it at "all others stuff" in "the marketplace", u should can get many2 spoiled fan, haha, lol.

Guys.......

Thanks for this briliant & great Idea!
I used PVC to make the air twister, and after fix the air suction sound become more louder, fast pick-up and Higher RPM.
I like it!

Using the fan will restrict air to your intake!!!

this "swirling air" method is meant for CARB engine cars. it is because, the fuel is not sprayed into tiny mists in a carb system. So the swirling air helps to stir up the unfine fuel.

Fuel injection not really give effect. another way to make it is by using aluminium tin can (carbonated drinks) and cut it something like below:

78F44999830-TN.jpg

The important thing is to make center area not restricted. the swirl of air should be made at the wall of air intake. Bernoulli principle indicates that the air near the wall will be slower since dragging due to restriction of air-solid. So the fin will make the side go faster by swirling it.

Oh ya.. one more thing.. the most effective is to place it AFTER air filter.

Last edited:
But remember...sometimes, when we do all this things...actually we are pressing our accelerator more, so we assume that we are actually gain more pick up by installing this things...but actually your car is already powerfull. I had made many of this things by using alluminium cans and fix them to many of friends and also so other people wanted to pay for them, make some money also from this. Also did put them in my car also...but now already taken them out, I believe it does not give any power diffent at all. The best is still getting some cold air form outside of your car...that is much more better.

Thats why i said if already Fuel injection, there are no effect at all...
its more meant for carb engine.

Unless you can customize n pressurize the air like a SC or TC........

Otherwise, its just not much diff...

well.. i wan ask 1 off topic question.. what if there is too much air enter to engine???? will it cause lag or engine blow...??? as u can see im a noob... and im planning to do this DIY but wanted to connect it to a hose to wards my front grill.. will this cause anything to my car???

Re: Diy : Air Twister - Swirl The Air !

if for the turbo car izit suitable to install this so called air twister thing.
cox the air actually pass thru the ic then only gose in to the tb.
after comes out from the ic is the air still twisted???????

this thing last time RM1 (the dude driving the corolla seg) did it to his car. using only aluminium can.

from his explanation, which i find quite interesting, is that the keypoint is not to restrict the center of the intake hole. but the fin is created only at the side around the perimeter of the hole. this way, it will make the air speed at the side increase. if u see those cyclone,surbo and what not also they have similar shape (ie, fin only at side and not too much to cover the center area)...

airtwister.jpg

Why spin the air ? Spinning air provide a faster and cooler flow into your RAM pipe and Air Intake.

Steps.
1. Remove the fan
2. Cut off the middle part of the fan to create a round hole with blades attached
3. Use nail clipper, file the inside of the hole to make it smooth
4. Use nail clipper, trim the fan blades a bit (Especially if the blade is close to each other)
5. Stuff it in your RAM pipe. 3 inch.. should fit perfectly.
6. Use Double sided tape, stick on the wall of the RAM pipe to prevent the fan from moving.. DONE.. Test the difference.. If the car is sludgish... You need to Trim the blade more..

hey bro.. do you install for people? what are the items required besides the fan? how how big is the fan required to be? How much for installation and where? Thanks =)

regards,
max

bro
cannot see the pics oredi
mind to upload again

Where is RAM pipe and Air Intake ?? .. I plan to do , but don't know where izzit..haha

hey bro.. do you install for people? what are the items required besides the fan? how how big is the fan required to be? How much for installation and where? Thanks =)

regards,
max

:itsme:bro.... this is what forum? the meaning of DIY..... you know?.....
"do it yourself"..... haa..... so you know wat to do ah...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

what to get....? read all the post.....

"do it yourself"..... haa..... so you know wat to do ah...... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

too long... lazy to read.....:proud:

no pis provided.. i know the car parts and what to get.. but takkan u wanna do it straight without having a clear picture? lol.. i clearly know what is DIY.. but because he said he did install for people and get positive feedbacks.. so out of curiousity i just see if he installs for people.. i guess that would be safer than me installing it myself.. i dun see any problem with that.. but if pics and clear instructions are provided.. fine.. i dun mind DIY.. and if you are that good to find out all these.. why dun you try to post some pictures or clear instructions if u DIY already..

IT WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED.. lol

no pis provided.. i know the car parts and what to get.. but takkan u wanna do it straight without having a clear picture? lol.. i clearly know what is DIY.. but because he said he did install for people and get positive feedbacks.. so out of curiousity i just see if he installs for people.. i guess that would be safer than me installing it myself.. i dun see any problem with that.. but if pics and clear instructions are provided.. fine.. i dun mind DIY.. and if you are that good to find out all these.. why dun you try to post some pictures or clear instructions if u DIY already..

IT WOULD BE SO MUCH APPRECIATED.. lol

i did not said that i've done this.... but to me the instructions is clear... and furthermore you need to read it from the begining/the history... they did mention the drawbacks and the possibilities for +ve and -ve side. so its basicly it's you to the person to decide to take the risk or not.
But ofcourse all humans always think of safety 1st (and also takut), but also no risk no progress.

As for me, before i do any DIYs, i always do my homework 1st. most DIY that porpular is always posted not only on one forum, you have to search it in all other forums and read all of it (for safety sake). Then compare and find out the reason.
This also will take alot of time, and human.... lazy... (due bz at work) i know... me too. but if you have perseverance, you will have the will to do it.

Now i like counseling pulak....:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
OK...OK.... get back to topic.....

one company make money out of this concept:
http://www.tornadoair.com/automotiveexpertprovides.htm

videos:
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=tornado+gas+saver&search_type=&aq=0&oq=tornado+gas

Last edited:

I read also i don't understand..

Bump:

I read also i don't understand..:burnout:

hahahaha... same thought here...:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom