did the sc try to con us?

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
earlier this month i had a very big problem.my front screen had a crack.from 6 inch it's gone to massive crack.and so i call the the nearest sc to ask about the front screen.the sc says front screen price is myr 560.heard about the amount i start to scratch my head.ish ish....so an so i waited until i had my overtime payment.before i go change my front screen i ask my friend where to get cheap screen.some says go potong body..scared to says..potong body front screen had many scratches....and so i scarch about Dr cermin shop.first thing i ask is about the price....suprisingly the shop price is myr460...myr100 cheaper then the sc......so the question did the sc try to con us as a user/

G221

Over 10,000 RPM!
Jan 15, 2004
KL
Prices in SC will always be higher or more expensive than outside shops. That's normal. Same if you service your car in the SC, compared to outside workshops.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
suggest you stick with SC though, their glass is original. Dr. Cermin sometimes may not give you the original glass. Mine was changed there and it was slightly warped and gave me a headache when driving with it.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
nadziad, mind if i ask what car is it for?

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
just add on to your insurance, rm150 for rm1k coverage, wait 2-3 mths then make a claim.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

its normal, SC prices are way higher than other workshops.....

[H] [K] [S]

1,000 RPM
Dec 22, 2006
You never add the windscreen in the insurance in the fist place ar?!

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
For RM500++, the insurance is RM90 bucks only.

Actually that's a good idea. Apply for it, wait a couple of months, then claim insurance :biggrin:

aalto

Known Member
Dec 31, 2004
For local assembled cars, 90% of the time the windshield will be from MSG or MCIS (both Malaysia companies)....none else, bcoz only MSG has the equipment to manufacture automotive glass in Malaysia.

Other types are Saint Gobain & "something" Sekurit (dont remember name) are from thailand, Asahi from Japan.....etc..

The difference in price is either the Dual or single laminate. Same car might have different types according to grade/version or due to stock issues during assembly.

Try to find out which brand your car is using & part number(its written on it), or in your case an equivalent car.

If the outside shop is using the same brand, then there's no harm...only difference is workmanship.

arraya

Known Member
Feb 19, 2005
Sunway
Visit site
just add on to your insurance, rm150 for rm1k coverage, wait 2-3 mths then make a claim.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:16 AM ----------

its normal, SC prices are way higher than other workshops.....

did the sc try to con us? then we con the insurance co? :biggrin:
:idea:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
its nothing to compare wit outside workshop n sc.

its common if the sc pricing is higher coz parts all r genuine, and their labor rate is higher

windscreen bought outside normally not original :) unless u asked for it purposely

nadziad

Known Member
May 14, 2011
johor
the pomen says no need to buy myr150 insurance....malaysian cars is enough about 50 to 90 ringgit and its covered about rm 500 to rm 700...for me its my first time my car had to change the screen so i am not covered it with insurance...isk~~~isk~~~next time just buy rm 70 for screen...weeeee:driver:...and also certain sc didnt change at their sc but just send the car to the screen shop like the Dr cermin...

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

[H] [K] [S];1063776977 said:
You never add the windscreen in the insurance in the fist place ar?!
a ah...my first time got car...it was 1 year old and had to change the screen...isk~~~isk~~~and also first time renew my insurance...:bawling:

---------- Post added at 01:15 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

nadziad, mind if i ask what car is it for?
mine is satria neo cps...1 year old...:love:

gaza

Aug 22, 2010
JOHOR
its normal sc price is higher than other workshop.nissan sc asking RM1500 for my gf nissan sentra windscreen.change it @ outside shop just for RM7xx!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is there any possibility to change turbo to N/A?If i made this mod will it be any defect to the engine?Have been asking to few mechanics about this n they said the engine might kong..is it true?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience