Diable VVT-i/DVVT function??

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
i heard from somewhere that when u install fuel management/piggyback to a VVT-i/DVVT engine, we must first diable them... if not, it will be quite hard to tune the fuel....
is that true?? i highly doubt dat la...but yet, stil have to seek advice from the more experience...

thanks

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
Back to VTEC, have you ever heard that VTEC guy install piggyback need to disable VTEC?

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
1st time i heard this... :)

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
Cam profiling technology is combination of your software (ECU control) as well hardware (Cam) if either one not function your engine won't able to operate as normal.

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
ya.. but Vtec and VVT-i/DVVT is a whole different thing...

i read in a forum before but i really couldnt recall...or was it, if they wantto adjust the ignition timing, they had to disable the DVVT/VVT-i??
maybe becos of Bolt on Turbo projects...they need to be in control of the iginition timing.. am i right so far??

cuscostrutbrace

500 RPM
Jul 10, 2004
It depends on where the crank/tdc sensor is located,if it is on the VVT driven cam,advancing or retarding will cause the signal to 'move' also.But this is not important as in your case of fuel management,it does not interfere with ignition timing as the ecu still take care of that.So i dont think have to disable vvt unless if install standalone,then its diffrent.Normally engine with vvt have it on the intake side and the crank/tdc sensor is on the exhaust side,both does not intefere each other.If dual VVt,another story.

kk9972

Known Member
Dec 27, 2005
A bit confusing...
Mind to share out more information on VVT-i / DVVT?

ecupro

Known Member
Nov 30, 2005
cuscostrutbrace,
Wah, you must be in "enginner level".

The VVT-i, required other 3D mapping on valve ( like injector )

It may be very difficult to control the ignition and fueling, because the algoritham in VVT-i need to "super impost" on the ignition and fueling algoritham.

You are right, stand alone unit may be difficulty to control until you paid more.

For the piggy-pack unit should be no probelm ( stock ecu will take care of it )

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
orait!! thanks evry1 for the info...so SAFC on a DVVT shouldnt be much of a probelm to set la...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We have here with us a brand new Toyota Vios today. From our experience of working on countless Toyota(s), we always had the impression that Toyota had the best factory paint job. Likewise to the car we have with us today.

Upon arrival, we did a walk around the car to inspect for any obvious damages...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience