Define High Cams & Adjustable Cam Pulleys

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
hie B8 people,

i know it's a stupid question, but i just wanna get more information in this area.

what are high-cams for? and what advantages does it contribute to the engine?

what are adjustable cam pulleys?

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
As far as i am concerned, high cams refer to high degree of cam lobe, which enables your car valve lift to be lifted for a higher duration of time, and hence more fuel and more air into the combustion chamber at one cycle time compared to stock cams. They come in various degree, such as 252,272,and some at300 degree region.

As for the cam pulley it adjusts your engine(somethign to do with ignition timing i guess) so that it have diffrent broadband of power, eg more for pick up, mid range or high end. But you can only choose one.
Correct me if i am wrong, just my 2 cents

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
thx evo... good information...

it is quite straight forward what high cams do..

i also want to find out if adjustable cam pulleys can be used without high cams... that's why i want to find out what exactly adjustable cam pulleys suppose to do.. information online is really vague so im hoping the sifus here can help me out..

evo5755

Known Member
Jan 11, 2004
With proper installation and adjustment, for sure the adjustable cam pulleys will give you gain. With sufficient turbo and engine mod with tuning, it could give you very light and good engine response. Tried before on a fully modified Evo+VR4 engine combi with big turbos with only adj cam pulley with stock cams. The response is simply crazy.That was at only at 1 bar of boost.

And the redline cam pulleys is great stuff. Lightweight machined aluminium cam pulley as i am also using one..:)

thx evo... good information...

it is quite straight forward what high cams do..

i also want to find out if adjustable cam pulleys can be used without high cams... that's why i want to find out what exactly adjustable cam pulleys suppose to do.. information online is really vague so im hoping the sifus here can help me out..

dc_rock

Known Member
Nov 19, 2006
wow, cools... i'm thinking of getting adjustable cam pulleys for my Mazda BPT from GT_Auto, but still doing a little study on it before i make that decision.

His pricing is also very good, but i have zero experience in tuning cam pulleys... i'm hoping that Millennium can help me out in the installation and tuning also...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Anyone can let me know where can I get a Fuel Surge Tank ...
I asked N1 and KSP before ... non of them got this item .....
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience