DC5 Type S mod

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
oi.. apa mau gaduh pasal vtec point ni..

kasi masuk hondata la..boleh tukar mana u suka. 6000 ka, 6200 ka, 6250 ka, 8000 ka..

muahaha!
ha ha MR president dah marah :biggrin:

can double open vtec tak?

4000rpm sekali and then 6000rpm sekali lagi??

:adore::adore::adore::adore:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
eh . i remember when i was using my civic EF with B16A, my vtec kicked in twice. 1st at 5200rpm (standard point) then the next one at 7000rpm. the sound was super awesome! but happened only once la. Tried again but it didnt happened after dat..and until I sold the car. hahah

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
eh . i remember when i was using my civic EF with B16A, my vtec kicked in twice. 1st at 5200rpm (standard point) then the next one at 7000rpm. the sound was super awesome! but happened only once la. Tried again but it didnt happened after dat..and until I sold the car. hahah
can you be kind enough to describe the awesomeness of vtec's sound engaged twice???

is it something like this??

praaannggggggg!!!!! PRAAAAANNGGGGGGGGGGGG!!! :adore::adore:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
actually i used to drive a DC2 GSR in the states with the B18C1 engine...and it had 2 stages of vtec.

its exactly as lightningfield described....kicked in twice!

but after that i got a skunk2 intake manifold and tuned it to only kick in a 5800rpm...

jd5

Known Member
Mar 9, 2010
N/A
i dont know what kind of sex you guys are having....but...its definitely NOT better than the orgasms i have. :biggrin::biggrin:

dont scare people la... stock suspension is not THATTTTT stiff.... bearable if you just keep in mind that you're driving a proper sports car.

also...its 6200 rpm la...mana ada 6k.... :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
DC5 stock suspensions are indeed stiff. I've driven STIs & EVOs running on adjustables, and the stiffness is about the same. And when you lower the car, there goes the geometry setup. All lari..

But then again, to each its own la. Some say stiff, some say not. To the one buying, test drive and feel it yourself.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
DC5 stock suspensions are indeed stiff. I've driven STIs & EVOs running on adjustables, and the stiffness is about the same. And when you lower the car, there goes the geometry setup. All lari..

But then again, to each its own la. Some say stiff, some say not. To the one buying, test drive and feel it yourself.
thats why you're not supposed to lower a DC5R. :biggrin:

even the boss of SPOON Racing and Tsuchiya (Drift King) says so.... you'll mess up the geometry settings and the car might even perform WORSE than stock.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
thats why you're not supposed to lower a DC5R. :biggrin:

even the boss of SPOON Racing and Tsuchiya (Drift King) says so.... you'll mess up the geometry settings and the car might even perform WORSE than stock.
but i met tsuchiya last year in spoon pit during MME and he said tein is one of the best replacement for stock shocks.. how? boulala can clarify coz he was with me dat time . . hehehe.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
but i met tsuchiya last year in spoon pit during MME and he said tein is one of the best replacement for stock shocks.. how? boulala can clarify coz he was with me dat time . . hehehe.
he must have lied to you :biggrin:

watch this, 2:33 proves my point :driver::

VTEC Club Update New DC5 Integra Type-R by bestmotoring -- Revver Online Video Sharing Network

Quote:
"SPOON has cancelled suspension development for the DC5 and EP3"

If SPOON can't get it right... what makes anyone think Tein can? Just my 2cents. :biggrin:

Last edited:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
We have seen this long time ago. But I disagree on what he said. It's all up to the individual to believe what's best for their car. For me Tein works best, albeit its roughness for daily drive. I'm a loyalist to tein since 8 years ago coz the shocks will always put a smile on my face :)

spoon might not get it right.. but bear in mind TEIN is a suspension company and entirely focused on creating ranges of suspension to suit the demand of any driving condition. Spoon on the other hand focus more on racing development of entire car, not just suspension. By the way Spoon does not produce it's own suspension. It is produced by Showa. The same with it's monoblock calipers. It is made by Nissin but rebranded to their liking.

If you get my point lah.. but nevertheless, I have nothing against stock shocks. It rocks. But it has its limit being an OEM part. You also should know that DC5 MacPherson layout is a bitch to tune. Not just to Spoon. But to all owners and tuners. But a lot of people (I'm being domestic by referring to few DC5 friends of mine here in Malaysia) have succeeded to get the perfect setup. A little sacrifice on your wallet is needed to buy aftermarket suspensions, RCA, shorter tie rods and numerous alignments needs to be done to make it sweet to go to pasar malam and weekend track days.

"Good judgment comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgment"

Last edited:

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
We have seen this long time ago. But I disagree on what he said. It's all up to the individual to believe what's best for their car. For me Tein works best, albeit its roughness for daily drive. I'm a loyalist to tein since 8 years ago coz the shocks will always put a smile on my face :)

spoon might not get it right.. but bear in mind TEIN is a suspension company and entirely focused on creating ranges of suspension to suit the demand of any driving condition. Spoon on the other hand focus more on racing development of entire car, not just suspension. By the way Spoon does not produce it's own suspension. It is produced by Showa. The same with it's monoblock calipers. It is made by Nissin but rebranded to their liking.

If you get my point lah.. but nevertheless, I have nothing against stock shocks. It rocks. But the height is the only lowdown. You also should know that DC5 MacPherson layout is a bitch to tune. Not just to Spoon. But to all owners and tuners. But a lot of people (I'm being domestic by referring to few DC5 friends of mine here in Malaysia) have succeeded to get the perfect setup. A little sacrifice on your wallet is needed to buy RCA, shorter tie rods and numerous alignments needs to be done to make it sweet to go to pasar malam and weekend track days.

Friday nite, party woiii!

Friday night? urrrr..its Thursday... :hmmmm:

but yeah! thanks for the info! its great to know there are different schools of thought out there. I would really like to lower the car as well because right now it looks like a bus.

but again, i dont wanna sacrifice ride comfort, and i dont have that much money to pump into getting EVERYTHING else right...

what are your thoughts on the Tein S-tech springs? would plonking that on affect handling in a major way? :adore:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
S-tech springs are a good tool to make the car go lower without sacrificing the handling too much. I'd say its a go! If you have extra dough, go for full adjustables. Like Titan or GAB.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
S-tech springs are a good tool to make the car go lower without sacrificing the handling too much. I'd say its a go! If you have extra dough, go for full adjustables. Like Titan or GAB.
the thing is...i've rode in countless coilover setups...and ive yet to find anything that even comes close to being called "COMFORTABLE"... thats why i'm so skeptical about it... i'm too old to go "horseback riding" everyday...

ive heard s-techs are what most people use for their DC5s, but i've yet to ride in one yet.

however, lowering the car would lead to shorter lifespan for suspension parts such as lower & upper arms...which cost a bomb!! :mad:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
the thing is...i've rode in countless coilover setups...and ive yet to find anything that even comes close to being called "COMFORTABLE"... thats why i'm so skeptical about it... i'm too old to go "horseback riding" everyday...

ive heard s-techs are what most people use for their DC5s, but i've yet to ride in one yet.

however, lowering the car would lead to shorter lifespan for suspension parts such as lower & upper arms...which cost a bomb!! :mad:
that is why they created Roll Centre Adjuster for the DC5..

by the way, based on MacPherson suspension layout, there are no upper arms on a DC5. Unless it's a double wishbone like the older DC2 model. Lower arms are also not much affected when the car is lowered if you are utilizing the RCA. But the tie rods are. :)

Last edited:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hello guys,
is there anybody know what is the tapped clearance for civic sr4 1.6?i m willing to adjust the tapped due to noisy came out from the head,n the power felt decreasing a bit before than this.how to do better to increase the pick up and the high end?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience