DC5 Pre Facelift Or Post Facelift?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

deacon

Senior master debater
May 5, 2005
KL
I'd get an 05 model if i had the money. Better suspension layout and closer ratios - a more complete package in stock form.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
a little update on the differences of prefacelift and facelift suspension. a friend of ours driving 2005 facelift DC5 went to install brand new TEIN S Tech lowering springs on his car yesterday. Unfortunately ONE of the spring couldn't be fit onto one of the front shocks. Springs are for 2001-2004 DC5.

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
a little update on the differences of prefacelift and facelift suspension. a friend of ours driving 2005 facelift DC5 went to install brand new TEIN S Tech lowering springs on his car yesterday. Unfortunately ONE of the spring couldn't be fit onto one of the front shocks. Springs are for 2001-2004 DC5.
good info

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
since the spring couldn't fit his car and buying brand new TEIN Flex/Mono Flex can reach almost 5 digit...he ended up ordering customized Titan absorbers at a fraction of the cost . :biggrin:

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
since the spring couldn't fit his car and buying brand new TEIN Flex/Mono Flex can reach almost 5 digit...he ended up ordering customized Titan absorbers at a fraction of the cost . :biggrin:
well u always have the option to go for used Tien Flex!!!:biggrin::biggrin: anyone interested??

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
I did saw a lot of DC5 owner fixed Titan suspension to thier car. How is the performance of the product? Its a Hight adjustable only or together with the soft & hard option as well?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
well u always have the option to go for used Tien Flex!!!:biggrin::biggrin: anyone interested??
How much? A friend of mine asked. I'm using flex too.

I did saw a lot of DC5 owner fixed Titan suspension to thier car. How is the performance of the product? Its a Hight adjustable only or together with the soft & hard option as well?
Titan not soft/hard but can be resend to titan to adjust damping they need to open the damper body. Hi low i think yes. The damping and spring can suit individual needs. But they don't have pillow ball top mount and camber adjuster.

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
yep...alot of DC5 are using Titan. i think most of them are very happy with the performance. some even can perform fast lap in sepang with this shocks equipped on their car. so from here you can sum up that its quite a good choice for a locally manufactured product with a modest price tag (RM3,000 for a set i think). Titan comes with only high-low adjustment, not soft-hard. But you may request your favorable spring rate to suit your driving needs. I also believe that aftermarket top mount camber plate can be installed on Titan front shocks for camber adjustment.. but need any titan users to comment on this tho..

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
@WAFS

i'll let you know after CNY. coz the item just already booked.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
How much? A friend of mine asked. I'm using flex too.

Titan not soft/hard but can be resend to titan to adjust damping they need to open the damper body. Hi low i think yes. The damping and spring can suit individual needs. But they don't have pillow ball top mount and camber adjuster.
I see, same case with HWL suspensions then. Spring rate custom by request and no pillow ball top adjuster for the cambers. Used, them previously in my old car, not too bad and notice that Titan looks more solid too.

By the way Faruk, I've adjusted my ride height close to stock's height and toe'd the camber to -3 and it works soo damn well! cornering at genting was very much improved and less oversteer and feels grippier in corners! :biggrin: thanks for the tip!

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
I see, same case with HWL suspensions then. Spring rate custom by request and no pillow ball top adjuster for the cambers. Used, them previously in my old car, not too bad and notice that Titan looks more solid too.

By the way Faruk, I've adjusted my ride height close to stock's height and toe'd the camber to -3 and it works soo damn well! cornering at genting was very much improved and less oversteer and feels grippier in corners! :biggrin: thanks for the tip!
dude, did u do anything to the tierods to get -3 camber infront?

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
dude, did u do anything to the tierods to get -3 camber infront?
Lightningfield, they did not do anything to the tierods. Just an allignment also adjusted the camber degree at the Pillow Mounts, and ride height was raised as my car was previously lowered by approximately 2.5 inches and neutral camber settings. Handling was not really good during corners.

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Massive, it's great that you can get the -3 deg camber without shorten tie rods as most dc5 can't get. Whats your damper brand and type?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Nice feedback on your car's handling at genting. I've never tried genting with dc5.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
Massive, it's great that you can get the -3 deg camber without shorten tie rods as most dc5 can't get. Whats your damper brand and type?

---------- Post added at 07:41 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Nice feedback on your car's handling at genting. I've never tried genting with dc5.
Hi Faruk, Im using Tein Mono-Flex. When my mechanic and me was doing the settings there is no need to do adjustments to the Tie-rods. Not too sure if previously its already shortened prior resetting.

U should try out genting winding roads! bit dangerous also :biggrin: but my advice is , need to familiarize with the roads there as the corners and hairpins are tricky plus the weather condition that is foggy and road surface is misty in the morning. But frankly speaking is hard to control a DC5 going up and descending genting in the early days with the dc5 becoz the tail of the car is heavy for me (partly becoz i drove a hatchback before). My ultimate aim is to beat my friend's elise uphill genting! sadly, after 6 months still unable to do that! :biggrin: that guy can zig - zag while a dc5 is concentrating to take a large bent! damn!

Lotus cars at small winding roads is 10 X brutal then a ferarri ! especially exige S! damn! :biggrin:

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
i know that there are few absorbers that can be adjusted at its body bottom to accomodate precise camber/toe adjustment... but not tein.
Thats right, no setting at the bottom part of the Dampers. Just at the top pillow mount area. What brand of dampers have that setting capability?

WAFS

500 RPM
Jan 2, 2005
Ampang
Hi Faruk, Im using Tein Mono-Flex. When my mechanic and me was doing the settings there is no need to do adjustments to the Tie-rods. Not too sure if previously its already shortened prior resetting.

U should try out genting winding roads! bit dangerous also :biggrin: but my advice is , need to familiarize with the roads there as the corners and hairpins are tricky plus the weather condition that is foggy and road surface is misty in the morning. But frankly speaking is hard to control a DC5 going up and descending genting in the early days with the dc5 becoz the tail of the car is heavy for me (partly becoz i drove a hatchback before). My ultimate aim is to beat my friend's elise uphill genting! sadly, after 6 months still unable to do that! :biggrin: that guy can zig - zag while a dc5 is concentrating to take a large bent! damn!

Lotus cars at small winding roads is 10 X brutal then a ferarri ! especially exige S! damn! :biggrin:
So, that means Tein monoflex top mount can allow more camber adjustment compared to Tein flex which i'm using right now. My next absorber change must get mono-flex then if budget permits :biggrin:

Back in my proton days one of our ride/handling route was Genting. It's a good touge route i would say. The other handling route were Hulu langat/semenyih, karak highway and bukit tinggi. You can try them also and by luck you'll see camouflaged proton prototype car :driver:
All those route a satria neo 1.6 can perform outstandingly handlingwise but not powerwise :biggrin:
A long rear overhang car like our dc5 is a bit difficult but you can fine tune the suspension/brakes and engine to beat lotus. Hopefully you'll succeed beating the lotus cars.

prasath_5338

1,000 RPM
Apr 20, 2005
Just to share, another superb route would be kuala klawang towards semenyih/hulu langat! I was there last night with my Hilux!!!! :biggrin:

lightningfield

2,000 RPM
Dec 29, 2004
Johor Bahru
www.ef-honda.com
Just to share, another superb route would be kuala klawang towards semenyih/hulu langat! I was there last night with my Hilux!!!! :biggrin:
kalau asyik bawa hilux memang tahun depan laa baru DC5 habis running in :thefinger:

indeed, kuala kelawang is superb to drive..it is also where my mounting pecah for the 2nd time. .:banghead:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi everyone

anyone know how?
i heard after install relay the lamp will get brighter..

what value for the relay should i use?
(i dono how many volt i should use. from my experience, if use volt value too high, then maybe the electric wont able to 'switch on' the relay, if use too low voltage value, then will damage it)

anyone got wiring guide to install relay to headlamp?
(is it original electric to headlamp wire to relay, to switch it on/off, then when the relay is turn on, the headlamp...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience