Datsun Old Skool for grabs!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
I have been scouting for a 2-door Datsun 510 for well over a year until I finally gave up and bought a 4-door. I was told there are no 2-door 510 in Malaysia except for the coupe variant. A friend told me there are some 2-door 510's in Sabah and I asked that he sanp some pictures and show it to me, one look at the pictures and sure enough it was not the 2-door 510 sedan but a coupe. If coupe is what you are looking for then you now know where to get one.

Good luck !.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Yeah man was told so also...about sabah and them 510's.... if i'm not mistaken i saw a 4door one near my hse that day...really beat up one rust everywhere..but man it has 16inch ssr two piece..sounded really good..a young boy was driving it...Hope to bump into him oneday....anyways yeah will check out my uncles place in tampin...but i'm not looking for the coupe...i want the sedan one with 2 doors..yeah same goes for the KE70 the dx or gl damn hard to get the 2 door sedan...looking for that also...saw one few yrs back in tampin...but the plants had made it their home....sigh....Not many ppl know about the 510 man these days...crazy ass car back then...it still is...waiting for someone to go sideways with it in m'sia..My friend in states..has a 2door 510 with roll cage and all...the bugger drift until he smack his 2 rims....its now in his yard doing back again...cos his fender also got hit...It's d.i.y there man...

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Just curious, what do you plan to do with the 510 if you ever made it to buy one?. In my search for 510 I have seen close to maybe 40 cars !. I have even seen a track car with stickers all over it's shell. I can rest assure you that the 510 being over 35+ years old (1968-1973), most would be in bad shape by now with the exception of one....., I won't believe what I saw..., year model 1972 with a very straight body and it's
engine started with the first turn of the key, the engine runs smooth and quiet, in stock condition !. Went to see the owner 3 times trying to negotiate a deal but owner was firm with what he wanted for his car, 9K.
I would think it would still be a good buy at 9k considering the fact that if I were to dump 5k into restoring a 4k car and it would still not match the condition of the 9k car. I did not buy it because I just could not bring
myself into forking out 9k knowing that 35 years ago this car when new was being sold for about 9k, I was not too bright coming to this conclusion without considering that the 9k 510 was in great shape for it's age and it a classic !. There is a very large 510 following in NZ, Aust and in the States but most in Malaysia would not know what a 510 is except for 'uncles' like me.

Good luck in your search for a 510 !.

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Dude ur not a uncle man..if u were also u would be a cool uncle....Yeah was thinking of doing it up really nice getting the low rider look...But at the same time having the power under the hood..was thinking of a Ca18dett....still doing R&D on that part if...not..maybe webber..still learning..wanna do diy on it...In malaysia i have yet to see that many but overseas yeah loads..never knew nz had 510 followers...hmmm..ohh yeah 9k for that shell car is worth it man...buy it then do it up to ur style...cos the body is strong dee man...the main deal in old cars above the age of 20yrs are the body man..the engine can be fitted with some of our new ones...sigh...was the 9k 510 a 2 door sedan or the 4 door sedan...actually in states..the 510's are running for that price the done up ones...the real beat up ones are running frm 500 to 1200 bucks but loads of rust man..whereas the done up/restored ones are running on a high buck.....I guess we will be really in shock to actually find loads of younger kids/people in love with the 510...i'm young and a lover of that car...Btw what plans u had to fit in ur 510 when u 1st bought it...

insane_ian

Known Member
Feb 23, 2005
Subang Jaya
Visit site
Yeah man know about it...Shy lar to come...Great part i'm off...But all running on datsun/nissan's...If I dont have any dinner with my family will roll over...Its right in front of my hse...i can just walk there man....No promises on this though..

leros

Known Member
Jun 7, 2005
Penang
Hello again,
Looks like there is no one interested in this car, well if thats the case, i will be closing down this sale in a week or so and maybe work my plans on this one too. Regards.

fzavier

Banned
Dec 4, 2005
dont give up mate!?

leros - i have been searching for this ride all my life, until I gave up and bought the nissan march superturbo recently. So dont make the same mistake and give up selling ur ride.....who knows someone might have been searching for 1 (like I did).......hey BTW, r u the one who kept sending me all those Penang tourism pics many years back.....

leros said:
Hello again,
Looks like there is no one interested in this car, well if thats the case, i will be closing down this sale in a week or so and maybe work my plans on this one too. Regards.

leros

Known Member
Jun 7, 2005
Penang
Hi fzavier,
Well regarding the sale, i will just wait for some time more and wait for the respond that i will get. Regarding the picture, i don't think its me, cannot recall much though..Cheers and regards...

toolman

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
sss

hey leros,

is the car still available? how much are you asking for...am looking for an original condition 510

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Questions? "Why do the headlights have eyebrows? Why is the shape of the grille like the shape of the clock? Why do the gauges appear to be floating? Why does it seem like the grille is always smiling? Because the details are everything."

These are the questions posted on the video, about the new Chrysler 200 sedan. This mid-sized sedan is positioned to take on the Mercedes-Benz C class, BMW 3 series...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience