Datsun 510 Talk.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Hi toolman, from the bottom it doenst look like there was any hard impact to any parts of the suspension system.

Both rear wheel has postive camber of the same degree and that is weird.

That mounting fabrication sounds good but it'll be my last resort.

I dont suppose lowering the height would help, would it?

toolman

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
camber

how much positive camber are you talking about? 3 degrees? if both are the same that should be fine... you dont need to do anything... if it is too much positive than maybe you have worn bushes??

lowering the springs will only increase positive camber on this IRS setup, increasing spring height might help a little

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
toolman said:
how much positive camber are you talking about? 3 degrees? if both are the same that should be fine... you dont need to do anything... if it is too much positive than maybe you have worn bushes??

lowering the springs will only increase positive camber on this IRS setup, increasing spring height might help a little
both are running +ve 1 , and both tyres wear evenly,well I dont really care of the tyres wear evenly or not but the sight of +ve camber is ........yuck!

Bushings checked , all front bushes replaced, rears are all in good condition still.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
Thanks ColdAir Sir, I knew you have the resources.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Devious,
If you are seeing a positive camber at the rear of your 910, chances are your rear-end of your car is too high off the ground, lowering it should help bring the positive camber back in. you can even lower the car till the point where you get a negative camber.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
going to check the rear dampers to see if the previous owner exchanged the rear top rubber to a thicker unit for some reason.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
hahahahahah............long time to meet ,Uras, you the senior one now, me cold storage edi, Bring that 160J SSS out man!

Me now got a little time to spare for cars again.

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Guys~ Back to shore

Its time to continue my project

Hi Uncle coldair

Need ur advice again in my project

Cheers

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Sure no problem, I am willing to share info, if I can't give you an answer I am sure someone in here can !.

Vlioxo

Known Member
Nov 8, 2006
810 ?

new here ! if i am not mistaken the 160j is quite hot in some areas too . . the 160j is known as 810 right ? ( guide me if wrong)

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Uncle Coldair~

I planned to use surge tank for my SR20 fuel supply

Use EFI pump (high pressure) to feed fuel from surge tank to SR20 fuel rail

How bout da pump that pumping fuel from fuel tank to surge tank?? Do i need high pressure pump also?? O any fuel pump will do???

Please advise~

Cheers

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Blitz3rs,
You don't really need a high pressure fuel pump to feed the surge tank from the fuel tank, an OEM SR20DET fuel pump can do this job. High pressure
fuel pump from surge tank to fuel rail would be required.

There are 2 options to plumb the fuel returning from the fuel rail, it's either
return to main fuel tank or return to surge tank, pros and cons either way.
The returning fuel from the fuel rail will be warm and if you plumb it to return to surge tank then the warm fuel will circulate back to the fuel rail and your engine gets warm fuel but you will never encounter fuel starvation. Plumbing
the fuel return back to the main fuel tank cools down the fuel better and this is the approach that I would take.

blitz3rs said:
Uncle Coldair~

I planned to use surge tank for my SR20 fuel supply

Use EFI pump (high pressure) to feed fuel from surge tank to SR20 fuel rail

How bout da pump that pumping fuel from fuel tank to surge tank?? Do i need high pressure pump also?? O any fuel pump will do???

Please advise~

Cheers

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Hmmm~ OK then . Will consider both of ur suggestions.

Yeala~ Uncle , also wanna ask u bout da exhaust...

Can i juz use 3 " straight piping till d end?? O install a mid bullet will be an advantage???