Datsun 510 Talk.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Well I guess you all know I tried to do that from the beginning hoping to unite all Ole Skool enthusiats together but I guess I failed because not many are actually too keen on that except for a few die-hards, so I gave up already. I now want to stay focused on 510's and this is why this thread was started.

Please keep me in your activity loop, I'll leave it to you to organize and tow the Ole Skool line. I will join you guys whenever I can.

Oops..., sorry guys I forgot that this thread is for 510's.
Cheers!.

Raja_Mongkut said:
sigh yalar true also...

or u organize another ol skool TT la. so all types of rides also can come. i only kept the contacts of 120y n 130y'ers la...

toolman

Known Member
Jul 20, 2004
suspension

coldair,

wat sort of suspension set up you have on your dime? skyline brakes or using the silvia set up?

devious,

i am located in PJ... near universiti hospital

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Toolman,
I have 180sx knuckles with skyline 4-pot brakes and also 180sx power steering, lower arms uses 510 but need some mods to the lower arms to adopt the 180sx ball joints. The rear suspension uses coil-overs and rear brakes are disc adopted from a Nissan Leopard with a customized caliper adaptor.

toolman said:
coldair,

wat sort of suspension set up you have on your dime? skyline brakes or using the silvia set up?

devious,

i am located in PJ... near universiti hospital

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Guys~ Im going offshore. Will b back mayb in 1 month time~

Hopefully when back my 510 project has been completed.
C u guys~:embaressed_smile:

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Blitz3rs,
All the best to you. See if you can find tail lamps overseas that are cheap.

blitz3rs said:
Guys~ Im going offshore. Will b back mayb in 1 month time~

Hopefully when back my 510 project has been completed.
C u guys~:embaressed_smile:

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
coldair said:
Toolman,
I have 180sx knuckles with skyline 4-pot brakes and also 180sx power steering, lower arms uses 510 but need some mods to the lower arms to adopt the 180sx ball joints. The rear suspension uses coil-overs and rear brakes are disc adopted from a Nissan Leopard with a customized caliper adaptor.
Coldair,
180SX knuckles can fit s14 caliper?? I also wanted to modified da 180sx knuckles into my datto

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Can but you will need to mod your 510 lower arms, a simple process which requires the removal of the 510 ball joint and then install the 180sx ball joint with a customized ring to hold them together.

blitz3rs said:
Coldair,
180SX knuckles can fit s14 caliper?? I also wanted to modified da 180sx knuckles into my datto

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Hmm.... Ic ic~

Errr..... About the brake pump... Can i use the 180sx master brake pump??? From which car of booster should i use?? As u know 180sx's brake booster was very big!!

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
You could use the master pump but not the brake booster, the booster is just too big to fit. I used a booster from a Nissan March which is about 6" in diameter, even with this a small amount of banging is required at the suspension tower, that's as large as you can go.

blitz3rs said:
Hmm.... Ic ic~

Errr..... About the brake pump... Can i use the 180sx master brake pump??? From which car of booster should i use?? As u know 180sx's brake booster was very big!!

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
talk about fabriation work!...........[jaw on bench]

moonbiker

Old man with an old car.
Jan 2, 2004
Cheras, Selango
www.facebook.com
Call me superficial...but sometimes i go for the looks oni...hehehe :)
dat's why i luv my 280zx (even tho ive got a bunch of headaches with it)

Wish i had the skillz and time to do wat dat guy did...nothin' like self-administered mods/upgrades to tap into the inner caveman...(e.g. Home Improvement's Tim Allen)

510 rulezzz!!!

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
anyone with a good wireman? Need a wireman to wire up my 910.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Devious,
Call Smith at 0193707000, located in USJ area.

devious17 said:
anyone with a good wireman? Need a wireman to wire up my 910.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

a friend told me a bored crankshaft of a turbo engine (due to scratches and uneven surface) with oversize engine/conrod bearing (0.5 mm) would not last long and best is to look for another crankshaft without modified.

May i have your comment/experience sharing ? Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience