dark tinting

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
need your opinion.

with so many glass smashing cases going on, i am thinking of getting my car tinted (30% VLT) more for security reasons. usually, i am required to carry a bunch of IT equipments for presentations, and it will usually be placed at my back seat (trunk will be packed with speakers and white screen).

knowing that jpj is on the loose to issue love letters, i was wondering if anyone knows of any jalan.

i don't mind paying the fine, but don't want the hassle to go for inspection and have it re-tinted.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
need your opinion.

with so many glass smashing cases going on, i am thinking of getting my car tinted (30% VLT) more for security reasons. usually, i am required to carry a bunch of IT equipments for presentations, and it will usually be placed at my back seat (trunk will be packed with speakers and white screen).

knowing that jpj is on the loose to issue love letters, i was wondering if anyone knows of any jalan.

i don't mind paying the fine, but don't want the hassle to go for inspection and have it re-tinted.
You can try to go to JPJ website, download the form for Tinting application request. You can try to apply with your reasons. Approve or not. Depends on them. Reasons can be either for security or health problems issues.

So you can try to apply for exemption.

Official Portal of Road Transport Department Malaysia

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
unfortunately, my reasons above does not qualify for exemptions. there is no section for "smash & grab".

therefore, am looking for other means of exemptions =D

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
cannot, u only can apply for dark tint if u have health reasons that relates to sunlight, u need a letter from the doctor.
other than that its illegal.

just get the 5 or 6mil security tint good enough. cover your equipment with a blanket or something.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yup, security tint is one way, secondly try to cover up whatever you are carrying....

dyii95

Sep 11, 2012
Miri
But honestly, with dark tint you'll feel more at ease also.. Last time I was bringing my rm6k laptop around and my dad asked me to attend a wedding dinner on his behalf.. Having no choice to leave it inside than to bring a 17" laptop around.. Parked in a dark alley.. Went back everything was still there.. Car is tinted with 5%VLT btw

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
But honestly, with dark tint you'll feel more at ease also.. Last time I was bringing my rm6k laptop around and my dad asked me to attend a wedding dinner on his behalf.. Having no choice to leave it inside than to bring a 17" laptop around.. Parked in a dark alley.. Went back everything was still there.. Car is tinted with 5%VLT btw
You are lucky. They usually will break your rear bonnet. and try to get in from your backseat if it is accessible.

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
If cover with blanket, will get more attention from the thieves.

If do darker tints, will get more attention from the authorities.

Sigh. Either way is a losing end.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
If cover with blanket, will get more attention from the thieves.

If do darker tints, will get more attention from the authorities.

Sigh. Either way is a losing end.
Darker tints u only lose RM50 on each roadblock. If Blanket, u lose more than RM50. So is your choice :smile:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Put everything in the boot?

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
My boot can get quite full from the projector screen, samples, pa equipments. Thats why no choice have to put laptops, projectors and such on back seat.

Rm50 each block is small matter, it's the love letter issued for puspakom inspection is what I hope to avoid.

Thats why am asking if got lobang/runner to kautim if kena such inspection letter.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
My boot can get quite full from the projector screen, samples, pa equipments. Thats why no choice have to put laptops, projectors and such on back seat.

Rm50 each block is small matter, it's the love letter issued for puspakom inspection is what I hope to avoid.

Thats why am asking if got lobang/runner to kautim if kena such inspection letter.
Laptop in the boot they can also scan for it. Better not to leave in the car. Unless you can deactivate the laptop internal clock also.
So far so many ZTH members sending car to Puspakom have fail the tint test. Read this thread also...

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/car-talk/445586-help-puspakom-gagal.html

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
scanner can be used to detect laptop computer. My bro's laptop kana curi at The Mall, even though the laptop was in the trunk (Wira sedan). My bro didnt open the trunk and did not show a glimpse of the laptop at the parking lot.

So how the pencuri know which car has laptop????

Unless the pencuri got x-ray eyes.....

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
scanner can be used to detect laptop computer. My bro's laptop kana curi at The Mall, even though the laptop was in the trunk (Wira sedan). My bro didnt open the trunk and did not show a glimpse of the laptop at the parking lot.

So how the pencuri know which car has laptop????

Unless the pencuri got x-ray eyes.....
They have battery detectors.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
They have battery detectors.
Yes, that is exactly my point being that tinting the car window aint going to help deterring laptop theft.

Even those security films wont hold up against multiple whack of a bat, or helmet (typically shown in security film videos). These days, thief would use pry-bar. Pry-bar is cheaper and damn tough compared to a bat. There were many pry-bar photos were shown in the exhibit cum campaign at the Kajang police station many months back.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i was driving my bro's old toyota LE last saturday, in the afternoon. suddently, while driving, my front glass window crack...!!! the whole glass summore. i thought like hit by a rock or something, but by the way it crack, doesnt looks like being hit by an object.

is it because of the heat? how to prevent this?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience