D15b water level keep dropping

kAzZa

Nov 10, 2008
Sabah
So here my situation about a week ago my car tempreture went high around 70% of the gauge.. When i saw this i suddently stopped my car

Then when i check the radiator resevoir tank it was empty so i add water and same goes to the radiator
Thinking no harm done so i drive Away and the gauge seems pretty promising while it only showing only 40%-45%

Then i remain to check. The next day i check the resevoir tank was a bit crack on the screw part so i glue it.

But here goes the problem. The water level keep decreseing. And it took quite a lot .. I move around 40km and my resevoir tank was only around 60% from full indicator.

There is no water leaking on the ground. And when i proceed to check the motor oil thereis no milky substance .. As motor oil + water

Fyi my car only with water and no coolant .. I scare when i put on coolant it will scrap the rust away and make my water pump or orther part worsen

Ive also done bleeding air from the system and to be honest the water is quite dirty and currylike colour..

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
when coolant leaks, it will leave a residual trail around the leakage area if u use green then u'll see signs of green around the leakage. same goes for red. u wont be able to see water on the ground unless its a huge leak like a water pump failure. try looking around the block for this residual sign.

also if yr water is curry like...then maybe its best to send it for a full cleaning? there are some shops who do not only radiator cleaning but also flush the block's water lines.

kAzZa

Nov 10, 2008
Sabah
as i said before i dont use any collant. so my water is basically colourless. looking for trail is kinda hard.

i will try flushing my radiator today. and see what happen.

kAzZa

Nov 10, 2008
Sabah
yes the curry like was rust most probably from the radiator itself..

ive done 2 test to check if the head gasket was broken. 1. check water contain in oil (dipstick and head) no sign 2. check water bubbles in radiator when engine ilde. (none)

no i dont see any other part that have dried curry part other than the reservoir caps which broken and recently glued

N/A secret

Known Member
Aug 28, 2012
Kota Kinabalu
Check thermostat, leaked hoses, and the method you are using to check if the head gasket is broken is not 100% correct. Send it to the workshop.

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
the amount of water leaking out is too much to not be detectable...if u don't see any rust water residue anywhere then the logical diagnosis is it is leaking water to the combustion chamber...

sounds like an expensive repair...

kAzZa

Nov 10, 2008
Sabah
Check thermostat, leaked hoses, and the method you are using to check if the head gasket is broken is not 100% correct. Send it to the workshop.
N/A secret do you know any cheap relieable workshop in kk?

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:50 PM ----------

the amount of water leaking out is too much to not be detectable...if u don't see any rust water residue anywhere then the logical diagnosis is it is leaking water to the combustion chamber...

sounds like an expensive repair...
that mean a busted head gasket rite? roughly how much would it cost? or should i swap the head instead?

kAzZa

Nov 10, 2008
Sabah
found the culprit guys.. it was the water pump. after leaving it overnight then i can see all the curry dripping over the splash guard.

now the problem it finding parts.

d15b vtec jdm 4dr model

anybody knows the part number?

arturo

nooB
Aug 5, 2004
SateCelupLand
3 stage vtec d15b? any sparepart shop will carry the waterpump...must remember to tell them want good part or they'll sell u the cheap part by default.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hey zth member, need your advise here. well, i just change my proton steering to the momo one and bought the hkd bosskit. and then hor... very hard wor.. like non power steering already. :( what happened? help me please. thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience