Cutting Evo 3 springs

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Danny

500 RPM
I just installed an evo 3 spring + absorber (front and back) but the half cut shop gave me a wrong combination. The front is now around 6 1/2 fingers height and the back is only 2 fingers. Would there be any problems cutting the front evo springs?

i have read somewhere in a car mod mag..

got one guy his wira rear suspension is using evo3 spring + abs

cut 2 coils.. he claimed dat he used for some time liao still ok... mayb because of the quality...

happy trying :D

cheers!

wht i heard dat if u cut springs, it is not veri good..firstly ur car will be like boat wen it comes to bumpy roads..unless ur abs is veri hard or else u will suffer man..and as i know if u cut ur springs, the placement of the springs wont be as good as the original ones..cus eg: i cut ur both legs to make u shorter of cus u wont be as steady as lastime rite cus ur jus using ur knees to support ur body weight ..so i think the best is to change to those reli meant to be a lower ride springs rather den cutting it..u can try combine wif kg/mm , eibach , apexi,sparco or watever springs dat is meant to be low le..
jus my 2 cents..

what type of springs that suite for it?? suggest one of those u guys ru using now plz.

Top Bottom