Cracked Remote Key!!

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
Hey guys!!
need some help here...my car key cum remote (standard toyota key with 2 buttons which came with the car when it was shipped to malaysia from japan) has cracked after dropping it a few times... now, whenever i start the car, the crack grows... just worried that the casing would break one fine day and i would be left with the key (metal part) stuck to the ignition. the spare key which comes along with the car does not have a remote on it....

I have asked around town, but was told that they can only duplicate the key but not the remote.. if the current key cum remote breaks, i would have to install a new alarm...*sigh*.... why bother when the current alarm is perfectly fine right?

done some research, apparently, i can change the casing alone without duplicating a new key... any of you guys knows where i can get this done?

OR, any sort of advice is appreciated!!!!!!!!

aidmob

Known Member
Feb 27, 2006
Bro, the original remote is only for central locking. It doesnt have alarm built in it. I suggest better u install aftermarket alarm system.

gti-wly

Known Member
Jan 19, 2005
putrajaya
if order new key from japan cost around SD$260..

if the part that the crack is the side with toyota logo, then can order that side only, as i asked WingHin...

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
thanks guys.....

didn't know that it was central locking only....
all these while, it does emit a sound whenever i lock & unlock the car...
thus i assumed that it is an alarm.....shite..... now have to go get an alarm lo....

you mean winghin sells the plastic case for the key?
any idea how much it cost?

Greytezza

1,000 RPM
Feb 6, 2007
Truly Asia
You are very lucky no attempts have been made on yr car...hehehe...
There was a discussion on this issue before and a good advise to every altezza owner to fix a good alarm system once they get their car from the dealers. I did just that on the 2nd day after driving off from the dealers lot..:)

hansc

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL/WP
Visit site
ahyap,

that is for central locking.....though it emits a beep, it doesnt blare the siren when there's any intrusion..... advise? get urself with proper alarm system..... immobiliser if possible.......

ahyap

Known Member
Oct 3, 2006
thanks for the note and warning guys....appreciate it.....
:adore:

anyways... when & where do u guys normally meet up?
perhaps i can join u guys for a drink some day and learn lots more about the car from you guys.....
drop me a note k?
thanks!!!:proud:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Proton spend money to make

a) Waja cost = RM1.2 billion
b) Gen.2 cost = RM1.3 billion
c) Savvy cost = RM850 million

With that cost Proton should produce car like Camry, Vios, City but sadly to said ....................... :banghead: :banghead: then compare with Produa

a) Myvi cost = RM580 million

Based on that figure, cost lower but quality & performance 3x better than higher cost................... What happen?
Brother, you sure...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience