Con man of the year! lousiest man i've ever met...

reedoor

Apr 25, 2005
KL & JB
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Con man of the year! lousiest man i've ever met...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Hi guys, [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]i would like to share my sad story with you guys, & hope you guys wouldnt repeat my fault, this guy is the most irresponsible person i've ever met![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]my story comes like that...[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]i actually bought my current E30 from this guy call Ben stays at TTDI area & our deal is that i buy his car, & he buy my Gti.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Before we deal, i had NOT JUST 1 TIME but many times mentioned that my sale is not including my newly changed CD player & my 17in Japan Rim+Tyre & i will be replacing the wheel with a set of original Gti rim+205/45/R16 tyres (any brand but NOT SIME tyre as he reminded me).

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]& his sale includes an extra b25 engine+gearbox as shown is his posting in some other forum.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]We both agreed with the price & deal on 4<sup>th</sup> Jan 2006 while my 17in rim+tyre are still in that car. Unfortunately thing goes wrong after we changed our car. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]As mentioned im replacing him a set of original Gti rim for him, i did searched around at my hometown and as well as some car here if u guy saw my posting some times ago & after few days, i manage to find a guy who wanted to let go his set. A week after my car sold, a saturday morning, i called him & told him tat i found 1 set & would b ready to change my stuff back. Below was our conversation (as i remember),[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: Ben, I've found a set for you, when will u b free, then we can arrange a time to swap it.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: Kelvin, i've sold the car already la...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: Huh?! You sold the car?! Then wat about my rim?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: its in the car la...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: then? Eh, our deal is “im taking back my rim” a... how come u jus sell it off without telling me? Where did u sold the car? Hey, no matter wat, u need to get my set for me man...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: i sold it to car dealer la, cheras there, u no 1 area, beside the road there's a lot of car dealer la.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Me: So how? Eh, no matter wat, u need to get my rim back for me man... tats wat we deal man...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ben: i giv u their number, u go & get from them la...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: (shocked!!!) huh? Come on la, u sold the car to them & u ask me to get de rim from them?! They dont even no who m i, do u think they will giv me de rim? Huh?![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]No matter wat, u need to get me back my rim man...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: ok, i'll try...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: come on, do as u promised man. i'll call u again then.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Then we hanged up de phone, after the call, i sent him a sms, “Ben, we are both matured & educated ppl, i just want to take back my stuff, pls do as u promised. Thx a lot![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]thinking of giving him some time to get the rim back, i dint call him straight to ask bout it de nite.
Called him de 2<sup>nd</sup> day nite time, but unfortunately i cudnt get thru his phone.
De day after, Monday, i keep calling also i cannot get thru.
Tuesday i kept on calling also i cannot get thru his phone. I felt damn pissed already, thinking, wat the heck this bout 30yr old man doing? Dont tell me hes not giving me back my stuff?!
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]& luckily at the day, i manage to get info fr someone bout where he stays & planned to go & find him de day. I wasnt free tat nite (tuesday nite) but manage to went to his place on Wednesday nite around 10pm, with my gf, driving my gf's car. At 1<sup>st</sup>, i was just trying my luck only, but too bad, i saw my previous gti, tat guy & his gf was standing beside de car, & most importantly my rim was still in the car!!! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]guys, if u were me, wat wud u think? Wat wud u do? [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]I dint stop but i passed them. I then went to find a lawyer fren, told him bout this incident, & he helped me to quickly draft out a quick agreement stating down the deal we've made & includes columns for siangture. & we then asked another fren to company us & went to his house again. We reached outside his house at around 12 & we met at his front gate. Our conversation are as follow:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: Ben, how come this car is still here?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](i think he was shocked to see me there, & bout 2 seconds later after my question, then only reply me) (his gf was bside him, his father later came out fr de house)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: i took it back from de dealer.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: how come? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: de car now totally cannot run! Timing belt came off & gear oil is “XXX” (wat he meant was tat de gear oil now in de car is not some “oil” tat supposed to put into a gearbox & it caused de car cannot run) & asked me to take it back. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](he then keep complaining) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]& said: tat day de car was still ok, now u gave me this kind of car...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: huh?! Hey, i dint do anything to de car le, how come u said de car cannot run now? I somemore changed new engine oil for u le!!![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: you wanna no wats de problem?! Come, go & try de car! (& he gav de car key to me)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: why shud i try it? How do i no how u drive de car? How come i drive de car for so long, i've never met this kind of problem before, but now u complain this with me? Tat day when u test drive my car & u said tat de gearbox got problem (i admit tat when u launch 2<sup>nd</sup> to 3<sup>rd</sup> gear fast, u wud feel knocking something, this is a common problem on Gti gearbox), you said u asked around already, to fix it cost around RM800 & i've discounted for you already, now wat r u trying to say?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](de reason y i don wanna try de car is bcos de day when he was test driving my car, he rev de car till around 7000RPM, & if this is de way he drive de car, how do i no how de car wud b after he rev it?)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]then i said: come on, ur car also got problem, i dint even complain with u, somemore u complain those tat u've already knew?! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: aiyaa... its passed already, car already sold la... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: im jus taking back my rim only.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: take it! Take it!!! (i still remember his sarcastic response)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: ok, nevermind, no matter wat, im taking back my stuff (my rim+tyre) & i need u to sign me this agreement, cause i dont believe u anymore. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](i then passed him de letter & after he read, he added in something, which is like i need to give him gud condition rim & tyre)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]im confident to find him a gud condition set & i agreed & left.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Guys, think back, let me ask u guys...[/FONT]

• [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Do u think its possible a used car dealer wud ask u to take back de car after they trade in ur car?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]If the car cannot run, how come it was outside his house? Where did he go? & where he planning to go? Driving tat car? I thought tat car cannot drive?[/FONT]
  • [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Come on, if i know tat particular oil 'he mentioned' was not supposed to put into a Gti, why shud i use it anyway? How come when i was driving, there's not problem & when he drives, there's so much problem? I never met him before nor hav any resent with him, y shud i do it? & somemore, taking out de gearoil, buying de oil he mentioned, all involve money, labour somemore!!! Why shud i pay extra money to do something tat is not necessary?[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]After tat, i kept looking for gud condition rim, but unfortunately its very had to find 1 in gud condition, de last batch Gti was produced on 2002. its a 4yr old car, its consider a sports car, owner for sure wud race with it, anything wud happen on de road, especially our malaysia road hav so many potholes. & tats even harder for me gud set for him. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]During de time, i did found a set of quite gud condition 1, took some picture & planned to send to him. Sms him & asked him bout his email add, he dint reply. Sent another sms to him ask him whether he received my msg, also dint receive any reply fr him. I then call him, our conversation are as follow:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: Ben, u received my sms a? I found a set of gud condition rim, took some pictures & plan to send to u, if u're ok, then i'll get it. (ofcos i need to ask him 1<sup>st</sup> ma rite? If after i buy & bring it to him, he said no gud, then how a?) how come u never reply me 1?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: hey, now is u want to take thing from me le, still wan me to reply u a?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: (pissed!!! never met so lansi ppl before) ok, nvm, can u giv me ur email add, i wanna send u some rim pictures, if u're ok with it, then it take it then.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: no need to send me picture la, jus take it to me, if ok then we'll change la.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](i was like WTF, this guy is really not cooperating with me lo, hes not goin to respoible for wat he has promised, but no matter wat, my stuff is still with him, so i said ok... then thinking hes such a fussy person, then for sure i cannot simply jus giv him something in mint condition, only a perfect condition set could shut his mouth up)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]after tat, i jus keep searching for de set i need. it took me more than a month to finally get this i can say very gud condition rim with no major scratch, to make it perfect, i even spent extra money to ask ppl spray a layer of paint to make it look perfect. Matched with japan bridgestone potenza G3 50%+ (week: 4902). I think this time for sure i can take back my stuff already lo. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Since last thursday (9th Mar), i called him, call get thru, but he dint pick up, rang til went into voicemail. Nvm, i then call 2<sup>nd</sup> time, dint pick up as well, also rang till went into mail box. Thinking tat he might b bz, so i continue with my work & after few hours, tried call him again & same, he dint answer, & he dint reply either. Called bout 5 times tat day. De 2<sup>nd</sup> day, friday also tried around 4 times, no answer, nvr reply, & during nite time cannot get thru de call (i called him all b4 11pm). Same as the 3<sup>rd</sup> day, saturday totally cannot get thru. Then i planned to bring my set & go straight to his house.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Yesterday, sunday, 12<sup>th</sup> Mar 06, around 1pm, i reached his house with a fren of mine. Saw my previous Gti, BUT!!! damn!!! my rim was not there... [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]i then quickly get down my car & (ask her mum was sweeping at their car-park) i told her im looking for Ben. He then came out. (after awhile, his father came out also) Our conversation are as follow:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: Ben, wheres my rim a?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: Gone la kelvin...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: (shocked)Huh? Wat do u mean gone?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: i was driving on de highway back from sungai perak (if not mistaken), suddenly de tyre explode la. U gave me 04' tyre ma, tyre explode, 'bom' then de rim fell on de road & ...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: huh? Then? Got crack o not my rim?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: aiyaa... no la, scratch only la, 1 side only.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: (angry) if my rim really not as gud condition as last time, u need to pay me back man![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: im not goin to pay u anything... u said wanna change de rim with me, where isit? Now u wan me to responsible with ur rim a?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Me: (even angrier) huh? Wat do u mean not responsible? Meaning when ppl lent u something, u can spoil it la? No matter wat, u need to take care of it ma!!![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: aiyaa... ur rim also nothing la... eh, i buy ur car at 45k u no? (to be exact, its RM44,890 for a 01' Gti) u think outside u can sell at this price a? Dealer only take 38k for this car only a... got ppl also sell at 41k a...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]my fren: no matter wat, if de tyre explode, anything wrong with de rim, u shud at least inform him (me) ma...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](he then quiet)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](he then again complain about de timing belt came off, gearbox problem... ...)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: eh, come on la, u think ur car (my current E30) very gud a? Huh? Last time u told me this la tat la, i even asked u bout de car bottom (under carpet) got rusted o not, u said welded back already, tat day i asked ppl to quote for me, de guy said de car badly rusted & cost me RM4k+ to do back de car a, then how?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](u cannot imagine wat hes gonna say...)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: aiyaa... already sign la.... (meaning hes ignoring this!!! he can complain, but i cant! Wat an asshole!!!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]his father: then how come take u so long to find de rim?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: uncle, ur son is so fussy, tats y took me so long to find a perfect set for him, if i buy & he dont wan, how? & u (ben) can come over to see, (i then bring him to my car & open de rear bonnet & show them de original Gti rim+tyre).[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](after i open de bonnet, Ben saw tat de tyre manufacturing date was 02' and start bullshitting again)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]ben: come on la, u think i just born yesterday isit? Dont take 02' tyre for me la, dont give me this kinda expired tyre for me.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Me: wats wrong with 02' tyre? Eh, come on, u said dont wan SIME tyre, i get u Potenza G3 japan tyre le, wat do u still want?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: my tyre all 05' 1 la, if u wan, u can check all my cars here, all i use new tyre 1 la. Dont giv me this kinda chop-shop tyre la.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Me: (damn pissed!!!) come on, this is NOT chop-shop tyre ok?! & this is NOT expired tyres!!! wheres de rim? [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: Sungai perak la, was fetching 4 person, how do u wan me to bring de rim back?[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Me: ok, get it back...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: i'll pay for de toll, i'll pay for the petrol. Ok? (sounds like hes goin to put so much effort bring de rim back, ofcos u need to bring it back la, those are mine, ok?! Axxhole!!!)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: ok, now, u go & get not 02' tyre, i'll go get de rim for u.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: huh? My rim scratched u never even say sorry, now u still wanna use tat scratch rim to change my gud rim a? Nvm, i'll report police.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: go ahead, report la.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif](then walk away getting in my car, he walked away as well)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]then i face his dad, & said: “uncle, this is ur son”[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]his father: (slowly) i donno wat did u guys deal la...[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]me: uncle, ur son is de one whos keep complaining, not me, ok?![/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Ben: go la go la, dont waste my time la, today is sunday la... (KNNCJB, weekday he said weekday need to work, sunday he said dont waste my time, CJB, this is de worst ever guy i've ever met, bullshit from de start!!!)[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Guys, have u ever met this kinda ppl before? He was jus lying eversince he starts selling his car, a true liar. & when he lies, he dont even blink his eyes.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]He claimed i sold my car to him at higher price, & i took his car at low price, WTF, come on, ofcos used car dealer wud take de price at 38k la, if they take de price at market price, how do they earn? 41K is de price he said only, my price condider market price already. He has agreed with the price, but then after tat keep complain this & tat, & now, because he thinks tat i sell him high, he dont wan to giv me back my rim, hahaha... hav u guys ever met this kinda so childish, irresponsible, lying asshole?! Haha... i bet u never met before rite? Guys, do not repeat wat i did, do take out everything tat u wanna keep 1<sup>st</sup> before u make a deal, do not trust ppl so easily.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]
People who look gentleman doesnt mean they are.

[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]to inform u guys tat, tyres expired after 5yrs after it manufactured...
as long as its still a running tyre, not harden, u can use it for 5yrs.
only tyre shop says tyres can only use for 2yrs. cos if everyone also use tyre for so long, they will hav no business then...
& normally tyres are meant to finish thread after 2yrs of everyday drive, BUT!!! it doesnt mean tat tyres with 2yr old cannot b used!
[/FONT]

infernaL

May 22, 2005
N/A
its so obvious his trying to " bug " you off so that he could have the extra set of rims + tyres and the cdplayer .

damn this kinda ppl , you'd been nice to them , they take advantage and sit all over your head .

Rock Lee

Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
What the is hell...

This is like the biggest bullshit ever...
I really feel sorry for yuu Kelvin...

for him to put so much trouble on yuu... WTF!?!?

But then why didn't yuu do everything black and white from the beginning?

But still I hope everything goes smooth for yuu bro... I really hate this kinda con-man. Next time must do everything in black and white already.

regards,
-Rock-

2zzge

Aug 2, 2005
pity u la...

but

the right steps...u should change your car into stock before u sell/pass the car.

and u took 1 month to find the rims.............if me also tak layan already

satria_95

reedoor,
I do believe you've been at your best. Remember the quote (modified and easier to understand version), "If don't want people to do something to you, then don't do it to them." Well, it seems to fall in place here in 2 different ways.

1) You were nice enough to him but he wasn't nice enough to you. (therefore, the quote has been broken)

2) He has been shit to you, so be shit to him back.

So since he's been an uneducated faggot, and his parents seems uneducated too (from the way you explain his father's response), I'd have to say that his parents are also a bunch of useless idiots. So one thing you could do is....

POST HIS DETAILS ! WE DON'T WANT OTHERS TO BE A VICTIM!

phat7

May 21, 2004
i've dealt with redoor and am so happy with his service that i am going to deal with him again. With that said, i would put a parang to his neck and take him to weherever he says the rim is then leave the fvcker there to find his own way home.

for sake kelvin, i hope all ends well.

phat7

May 21, 2004
kyheng said:
This is really a conman of the year, but is your mistake also. You should change the rim and the cd changer before you pass the car to him. Anyway test drive with 7000rpm is no good. anyway this type of people anywahere can get, is he Malay?
he's malaysian, like you and me.

BlackSamurai

Sep 2, 2004
near 7-11
www.hcc.ne1.net
kevin a.ka. reedoor is a nice guy to deal with,

kevin,
sorry to hear about your story, just post name of the son of bitch here. No need to give face.

hid3

Aug 1, 2004
sorry to hear that bro.. hopefully this experience will highlight to you that you cannot just trust a person like that... in future, its better to make the changes that have been agreed upon b4 actual transaction is made.. less hassle..

Rock Lee

Oct 18, 2004
Klang, Selangor
www.rockmotorsport.com
lolz... yeah...
I've spoke to Kelvin before and yes he IS indeed a nice person to talk to...

Sad that this thing happened to yuu bro... Do keep us updated with yur story...

and yes I agree to post his details too!!...

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
yeah post every single of his details here so that any1 can help u to revenge on him for u ma.......who knows right.....

Kevin, really pity you lah....its a lesson to all of us.

gohkokeng

Feb 21, 2006
CONMAN DETAILS HERE PLEASE.........KASI FULL DETAILS OF HIM la........

comeon...we all support u here.....don scared........

evo4g63

May 29, 2004
sorry for wat had happen to u n let it b a lesson for us...

anyway, while in trading no matter how gud is the person either buyer or seller.. first thing come 1st shud b a black n white agreement stated cleary wat so ever for e.g. exchange of stuff ... payment terms etc... verbal agreement wil bcome void in such a case... expecialy when come to this kind or barger...

since his a really con man suggest to hv his details to b pose as warning to alert the next victim...

satriamerah

May 1, 2005
evo4g63 said:
sorry for wat had happen to u n let it b a lesson for us...

anyway, while in trading no matter how gud is the person either buyer or seller.. first thing come 1st shud b a black n white agreement stated cleary wat so ever for e.g. exchange of stuff ... payment terms etc... verbal agreement wil bcome void in such a case... expecialy when come to this kind or barger...

since his a really con man suggest to hv his details to b pose as warning to alert the next victim...
Feel very very sorry for u also .. but i think this is nothing yet compare to me ... still remember tha one that was trying to sell b20B engine ... His name was Alfrin ( but that 1 is only his nickname ) i lose RM6K because of my carelessness .... i don't even have the thing that he promise me but then he's gone with my money ..... DAMN u Alfrin ....

There's so lot of CON MAN here at this thread selling something not according to the what they promise .... So guys be very very carefull next time coz there will be somebody CONMAN that will try to take advantage of our carelessness and our hospitality ...

Feel very very sorry for u man ...

I’m researching how much everybody J project cost, so other people can expect how much to spend on the future j project. Please list engine and tranny by year and model, ecu, wires, starter, clutch, flywheel, shift cable with box, mounts, axles, cost of modifying the ecu and wires too, and anything else that I missed. Assuming you do the project. Please add in for the traction bar.