Comparing Inlet manifold

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
Can anyone tell me which inlet manifold is better to be used on a vr4 200hp (cyclone) and why?

1. Evo3 (approx RM300)
2. 4g61 mirage turbo (approx RM250-300)
3. Custom (approx RM600+, supposedly much bigger airflow compared to evo3)

I heard that the original cyclone inlet manifold is the worst of the lot, due to its long passageway.

I suppose custom made manifold is the best(also the most expensive), but I'm more keen to compare evo3 and 4g61 since the price is almost the same.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
you can't use the evo inlet manifold unless you port the intake runners , cause evo runs on a smaller runner then vr4 .

see the difference ? best to go for the eci multi n/a from the vr4 or the mirage eci multi inlet , but bare in mind the mirage eci multi turbo version runs on a 54mm throttle so u`ll need to port the intake hole to 60mm .

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
thanks for the info, I was also recommended 4G63 n/a manifold as an alternative. Supposedly much larger ports compared to 4G61?

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
What are the noticable improvements after installing the mirage/vr4 inlet manifold? Can I actually FEEL it?

In theory, there should be more air coming in and the route will be shorter. Am I right to deduce that there will be better pickup and increase in hp?

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
well the cyclone intake runs on small runners so its quite restrictive but its responsive on low & mid rpm , while the mirage / n/a inlet is shorter and has better flow so its good for mid & high rpm , u might suffer abit in the low rpm range .

lekalo

500 RPM
Mar 4, 2004
TTDI
Visit site
I'm using the ECI 4G61 intake manifold.
It offers the least distance for the charged air to enter the head, therefore I suppose quicker engine response.

Haven't tried others before, so don't know the difference as my mechanic has used it since day 1 of the engine being re-built.
But still use the VR4 throttle body, of course.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
well the inlet is not really that short compare to the cyclone inlet , but just the the cyclone has small runners which means it takes a smaller mass volume to fill up the runners where else the bigger runners takes a longer time to get the mass volume to fill up . thats why you see the evo's run on smaller ports , lighter internals so that it has a better torque curve in low & mid rpm's , well evo's are meant to be a responsive machine for the rally's they don't really need the top end .

this is what i call short runners : :lol:

vteckiller

Supporting Merchants
Nov 17, 2003
yo vestax u curi that magnus manifold from my car ar?
hehehe
:P

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
wah i didn't know u were using the magnus manifold , thanks for telling , tomorrow i pass by ur house and pop the manifold la RM 2500 for the manifold its worth stealing man . :lol: :lol:

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
updated the link with another picture already. The manifold is made of aluminium.

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
the mech compared it side by side to evo manifold but it looks different la, even tried to install it twice but always air leak mainly due to the smaller runner ports. I also brought it to Toby at GT auto & he said it is from some n/a mitsubitshi... so I'm also confused. From your earlier evo manifold pic it does look a bit similar though. Are evo3 manifolds made of aluminium as well?

I'm using stock vr4 200 block and head.

vestax

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Damansara Heigh
www.fivio.com
oh it doesn't matter if its from a evo or a n/a cause the intake runners are too small to fit in your vr4 head , obviously u`ll have leaks . what kind of gaskets did you use for the manifold ?. damn weird how the hell that manifold came with ur spare engine . the way i see it almost all mitsubishi manifolds use the same materials .

Danny

500 RPM
Nov 15, 2003
actually it belonged to the previous owner and he said he had a spare 'evo3' manifold so I took it. The engine was previously modified to fit on a KE70 and the KE70 manifold was tottally different.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi.
i was wondering.. theres so many types of grounding kit in the market.

Seller told me the thicker the better. But since im drving small kars.. like satria and kelisa. Wouldnt the thick grounding wires too much for the car to handle?

thanks.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience