coating engine bearings, pistons

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
any shops doing this in malaysia?

not sure if there will be or are any improvments, but thinking of trying it out if it can be done locally.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
wat coating??

ceramic??

if ceramic....u can check out ceramico

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
If you are referring to ceramic, then the answer is yes. I don't know what improvements you mean but generally, by doing this you help reduce friction and also I think the lubrication can protect these parts from wear and damage.

WPQ800

1,000 RPM
Apr 7, 2008
hmmmmmm suppose it will make it more durable and resilient under usage, especially in high temperature and high rev application.......

also worth mentioning it looks superb if u coat caliper, exhaust headers, intercooler pipes, etc...

ive seen a few and love it.....

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Forgot to mention that it is advisable to get someone who's good at it to do it for you. We are talking about the engine internals here. So take no chances when it comes to quality.

gsr1.8

Sep 16, 2008
also looking for place can do dis :)

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
If you are referring to ceramic, then the answer is yes. I don't know what improvements you mean but generally, by doing this you help reduce friction and also I think the lubrication can protect these parts from wear and damage.
I don't think ceramic coating will reduce friction though. That one is another coating (eg. graphite, MoS2 etc....)

But ceramic coating on piston tops will work. Bearings don't need any coating (some aftermarket ones have teflon coating)

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
What you want is something like DFL (Dry Film Lubricant) from the likes of:

Calico - ceramic coatings, teflon coatings, thermal coatings solutions with Calico Coatings

Swain - Swain Tech Coatings for engine piston coatings, race engine coatings, ceramic header coating, carbide metal coatings, thermal spray plasma coating, metalizing closures, spray welding

Techline - Welcome to Techline Coatings

Or the recent discovery:

WPC Treatment - What is WPC?

Please do not ceramic coat your bearings. You will destroy the engine when you start it!!

Google is your best friend!!

AlucarD

1,000 RPM
Jan 15, 2004
Errr, what is nano ceramic coating?? I have never heard of it being used for automotive applications specifically engine internals. Have you tried if before and what are it's main benefits?

I would be very carefull and trust only reputable and experience people when it comes to coating my engine internals. For example main and crank bearings has specific tolerences and finishing. You just cant go and coat as many layer or as much as how you like.

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
yes i am aware of calico. unfortunately they dont sell outright the bearings for my car, i have to mail to them and get it done and then mail back to me.

looking if there are anyone doing such thing in malaysia.

escksu

Known Member
Nov 25, 2011
Singapore
how does it destroy the engine when nano ceramic coat to all the internal engine bearing & all metal parts?
I think we are all referring to different type of ceramic coating. Thermal coating such as Boron Nitride is meant for thermal purpose, not friction reduction. The ceramic coating on your exhaust headers is another eg. These ceramic coatings are not meant for bearing surfaces.

If you are talking about nano ceramic coatings like Boron CLS, BAM etc. These are friction reduction ceramics, not meant for thermal purpose.

Thus different type of ceramics. Ceramics is just a general term.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi gents,

I would like to install the Lambo door at JB area, does anyone know where can install at JB area, kindly please give me the contact no or address.

Thanks in advance
Will
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience