classic vw workshop in malaysia?

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
Any addresses, contacts, workmanship quality for all vw workshop in Malaysia? would be most helpful here.

Places to avoid?

cant find it in the kvbm website

thansk!

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
Where is your preferred location? What sort of repairs?

1. USJ - I have used Ah Ming and his dad for a long time, they are located in USJ near GIANT. I don’t have the address with me, I think they care called Kenn Fatt or something. His dad, nick named Loo-Foo-Chi, was ex Champion motors, not sure if his dad still working now or not. i stopped using them in 2004.

VERDICT: workmanhip is usually good to my standards, but his son’s tempermental behaviour is not everyone’s cup of tea. I decline to elaborate on this. One man show mostly since those days, so expect to wait.

2. PUCHONG – Choong Yoke Sang, used to work for Loo Foo Chi before he left and started on his own. I have never been there, so I don’t know any more details.

3. Sungai BESI – Woo Kim Sang, was Loo Foo Chi’s colik in Champion motors. He should be very old by now, I am not sure if he is still operating.

4. Klang – Richard, TT AUTO. I know many send to this shop, but again I have never been there before. I heard he is good though.

good luck.

Last edited:

aircooled

Known Member
Jul 9, 2004
Seremban, Ipoh, and Johor also has some good mechanics and restorers, maybe u can check those also. Never been there, so cant give u any more details.

ah-singh

500 RPM
Oct 6, 2005
bump bump bump

jb- chi meng....the expert. no words are enough to be said about him...just
superb. (larkin susur 4)

jb- vesvolk....2 young fellas...just show your engine and they will get to a
conclusion that your engine needs an overhaul... (susur 4 near
chip's place)

jb- ah hock....formely worked with chip meng...can do a 'so so' job...charges
are considered expensive..(johor jaya)

jb - wak joe...a part time mechanic and a full time lecturer in polytechnic
pasir gudang...parts bought by customer...so far so
good...reasonable pricing... currently supercharging a beetle
engine. (taman scientex , pasir gudang)

whuster

Known Member
Sep 16, 2006
a lot of my friend go to richard in padang jawa..i think..hehe i have been there once..price?? i don't know but the workman ship is good..

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
any contact for this richard guy? phone number ?

can he do fuel injection? modifications?

most importantly can he speak english? i hate to deal with mechanics who cannot speak english.

whuster

Known Member
Sep 16, 2006
of course richard can speak english..i try my best to get his phone number but no promises because we always just go there..i don't think we have called him before..but if u staying in ampang u can go to ah keong workshop..a lot of bettle there but if u want to modification u better go to ah keong..richard always using original part which is 100% vw or porsche..huhu

i think ah keong is the place suit u..u can pm me if u want to the workshop because the place is few km from my house..hehe

thanks

pupjoint

Known Member
Jun 3, 2007
dude, u got pm on the ah keong place. i never heard of him....kindly let me have his add and contact....

i always use also ori parts.