Clarify Myvi 1.0 upgrade to YRV turbo

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Good day ZTH! Well i would like to ask to clarify my doubts as my topic above.
1. Want to purchase a 1.0 myvi (cheaper than a 1.3) to upgrade the engine to YRV turbo for daily use
2. Is it going to be hard to approve the car legally? (assuming we don't use runners)
3. If we use runners what cost are we looking at?

Well is there anyone who is using a YRV engine, or has done a 1.0 to 1.3 engine swap here that can shed some light, I would highly appreciate your kind replies. I just want to get to know what i might face along this process before beginning my project.
And also what are the costing that I would be looking at assuming a 1.0 myvi would be Rm18,000

regards

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Manual or auto?

If not mistaken engine mounting point for 1.0 and yrv 1.3 is different. U still can transplant by modifying the engine mounting point but won't be able to pass inspection. I recommend going 1.3 n transplant to avoid complications.

fadin_remorse

Known Member
May 28, 2008
Yes i agree 1.3 seems better to pass inspection. A friend of mine who owns a 1.0 said that the yrv turbo r is a direct plug and play. Even googled up on this. But i would love to see someone who can directly clarify.
Yrv comes with a triptonic and i dont intend to use back the manual gearbox.

smach_dog

Aug 5, 2013
klang
Hi to all friends..i'm planning to convert my 1.3 K3VE to K3VET YRV. i'm thinking izit manual better or auto tiptronic better?my 1 is ori 1.3 manual..izit possible to used back the gearbox?(if I choosing manual.) YRV engine are more powerful izit the ori manual gearbox can fullfill the power?bcos now I driving gear 2 rpm to 6000 when shift to gear 3 is abit difficult...I don't know if YRV engine if using ori manual gearbox izit can tahan or not or gearbox will pecah...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Test drive a Kia and you could win tickets for this summer’s biggest footballing event, EURO 2012.

<!--more--> The most highly anticipated road show of the year, Naza Kia Malaysia’s Test Drive Kia On Tour, is back and this time around participants will stand a chance to win a trip to Ukraine in June to catch a EURO 2012 match.

“Last year, visitors at our Test Drive Kia On Tour road shows stood a...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience