Choices of cars to buy?

• See what others are reading now! Try Forums > Current Activity
  • Search function more powerful with google results! Try Search

RM100k and brand new car. Which one would you choose?

• VW Polo Sedan 1.6

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kia Forte 2.0

• Ford Focus Sedan 1.8

• Nissan Sylphy 2.0

• Toyota Vios 1.5

• Chery Eastar 2.0

• Mazda 2 Sedan

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang. This guys blog is interesting! Reading about his Prius now. So he seems to be a Jap car supporter.

Aisay. At this rate I'm going to end up with another Proton.

"pervet" ah?:biggrin: mod the soft turbo to hard turbo la:nurse: hahaha

Wah! I like they way you think, as my kids will post as what car my dad will get for us?:rolleyes:.....hahahahaha:rofl:

Haha! Every dad wishes to buy their kids an expensive ride if they can afford but we wish our kids can afford to get us one even better. :biggrin:

Ever see the youtube clip where the sons bought the father a Ferrari F430 for his birthday? :biggrin:

Maybe you can star in a Malaysian version!

I tested the Chevrolet Sonique / Sonic (however you spell it) and damnnn.. I am impressed. The interior is bigger and more spacious than the Vios and similar sized to the Forte, the dashboard looks like it was made for Optimus Prime (half digital and the tacho is analog), the whole dash lights up to a nice Tron neon blue when the lights is on, the ride is awesomely quiet, suspension is stiff but supple and the front grill is a hate it or love it look - I love it! Best thing is it's 79k on the road. Cheap!

But here's the catch. It's a bloody tiny 1.4L. 6-speed auto, 16" rims, sluggish 1st and 2nd gear and the car is by no means lightweight! They apparently couldn't bring in the turbo version of the car otherwise it'd be the same price as the Golf TSI. So if I bought this car, could I slap on a BOT to it? Or would the pistons and all need upgrading before the BOT? And spareparts are not cheap for Chevys.

By far the best car I've tested so far only losing out to the Forte 2.0. Godaaaaaaaaamn I love that dashboard.

attachment.php

The look of the Sonic hatchback and interior is nice, but like Ixeo said, all show but no go for chevrolet Cruze and sonic. Both models seems to lack the power they deserve. Look at Cruze. 18inch rims, heavy body but 1.8L with only 140hp. But doesn't seem to feel like 140hp. A new Altis can outrun it any time but it has shiftronic gearbox if that's what we call it since I did found out recently that u can drive it manually. 1st gear it drags all the way up to 7k rpm. Gears did not change until i change the gears manually. If not I think it will reach redline. Not my car so dare not push so hard. Just testing.

You got quite a few years to go before you get the real Uncle title.....:rofl:

Wonder what car you will buy?.....:hmmmm:

let's make a bet, who ever wins get RM50 from each bidder. Who's in for this bet? :biggrin:

i bet he will get something with an engine and 4 wheels...

:biggrin:

let's make a bet, who ever wins get RM50 from each bidder. Who's in for this bet? :biggrin:

Truly Malaysian, becomes betting topic too......hahahahahaha:rofl:

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:16 AM ----------

i bet he will get something with an engine and 4 wheels...

Okay, mine is engine and 5 wheels including spare (he call me tayar king mah!)......kakakakakakkakaka:rofl::rofl:

wtf....

Anyway, I had the chance to scoot around in my friends Honda Jazz Hybrid and my god I can't even begin to describe how much I hate that car. I hate the way it brakes because of that regenerative braking feature it makes it very hard to modulate the braking making the ride quite head bopping. Then there's the suspension, who was the idiot who decided to put rock hard suspension on a light weight tiny car but still have tremendous amounts of body roll? And don't even get me started on the rubbish straightline performance this car has (or doesn't have depending on how you look at it). *puke*

The likelihood of me getting an Almera is very very high. It ticks all the checkboxes except looks. And with a 1.99% interest rate, it's beginning to look like a good buy. Have to test drive this car to know for sure. Haven't done it yet.

Friend suggested to buy it and spend some money modifying the outlook so I can live with the car. Best idea I heard all week.

wtf....

Anyway, I had the chance to scoot around in my friends Honda Jazz Hybrid and my god I can't even begin to describe how much I hate that car. I hate the way it brakes because of that regenerative braking feature it makes it very hard to modulate the braking making the ride quite head bopping. Then there's the suspension, who was the idiot who decided to put rock hard suspension on a light weight tiny car but still have tremendous amounts of body roll? And don't even get me started on the rubbish straightline performance this car has (or doesn't have depending on how you look at it). *puke*

The likelihood of me getting an Almera is very very high. It ticks all the checkboxes except looks. And with a 1.99% interest rate, it's beginning to look like a good buy. Have to test drive this car to know for sure. Haven't done it yet.

Friend suggested to buy it and spend some money modifying the outlook so I can live with the car. Best idea I heard all week.
Well, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. I had a look at it with and without body kit, and still looks uncle to me, even though I am an Uncle.....hahahahaha:biggrin:

yeah...almera's attractive 1.99 interest & downpayment rebate....

wtf....

took the liberty to do some shopping for you..
PROJECT-S Hi-Low Soft Hard Adjustable Absorber: NISSAN SENTRA,ALMERA,P (Kuala Lumpur, end time 4/17/2013 11:59:00 PM MYT)

wtf....

Some are just born that way, whether it is wearing mini skirt or wearing nothing, just doesn't make a difference. Still not attractive. :biggrin:

Nissan-Almera-with-bodykit-3.jpg

But this one not bad la...I think Almera u got to look at it at 45 degrees, if look at it right in front or behind, just gonna have a heartache because of the shape :biggrin:

Like your friend mentioned, just mod the outlook. I think it needs a slight widebody kit and bigger
contact patch tyres and 17" maybe. :biggrin:

Not bad, but twin exhaust outlet?? :biggrin:
Seems like copying Mark X rear body kit there!

Not bad, but twin exhaust outlet?? :biggrin:
Seems like copying Mark X rear body kit there!

Something similar to Air Master Bodykit.

But if that is too much, what about QUAD exhaust tips for a 1.5L Almera? :biggrin:

nissan-almera-bodykit-and-modified-gallery02.jpg

But i think Izso will like this bodykit la...

For the rear for once, I think this kit suits Almera better. Better than the impul version. Slap in 17" rims,
lower the car. Then nice!

wpid-New-nissan-almera-bodykit.jpg

Last edited:
Whoaaa, quad exhaust on a 1.5ltr 4cyl?? That means one exhaust dedicated to one cylinder then! :rofl:

That rexxstyling is not bad, makes the rear not so bulky and looks like copying the rear diffuser style of the current Holden V8 Supercar racer! :biggrin:

Supfan : I noticed most of these good looking rears never show the front. I suspect cuz the front is still some fugly shit.

6uest : Not only does it supposedly do really well for FC, it's outright beating the hybrids. In todays paper the advert said the media car had recorded 30+km/L which is bloody unbelievable. The standard test car does something like 26km/L which is Prius territory. I honestly doubt it can do those figures!

And the markX rear exhaust styling is a favorite of mine. Doesn't matter what car it's done on, I've never seen an ugly markX styling car. That's not kissing your ass cuz you have one, I really do like that exhaust/bumper seamless look.

STICKERS.. stickers will make the Almera look good, plus it adds a few horsepower.

make sure you buy white or black, and throw in some Nismo stripes for starters. then maybe add a GT-R badge on it. and then some Brembo Brake Caliper covers. Yup, all exterior mods.

STICKERS.. stickers will make the Almera look good, plus it adds a few horsepower.

make sure you buy white or black, and throw in some Nismo stripes for starters. then maybe add a GT-R badge on it. and then some Brembo Brake Caliper covers. Yup, all exterior mods.
:thefinger:

I oughtta shoot you with a paintball gun with pellets filled with tabasco sauce laced with jalapeno pepper powder for even suggesting that.

I wanna make the Almera not look like an Almera. If that makes any sense! LOL.. but aiya, until I put the money down i'm not gonna think about it. Gonna wait until after the elections to buy.

:thefinger:

I oughtta shoot you with a paintball gun with pellets filled with tabasco sauce laced with jalapeno pepper powder for even suggesting that.

I wanna make the Almera not look like an Almera. If that makes any sense! LOL.. but aiya, until I put the money down i'm not gonna think about it. Gonna wait until after the elections to buy.

You mean you wanna do something like this?
sagaconvertsubaru1.jpg

YOU WANT YOUR ALMERA TO LOOK LIKE VIOS!? OMG. cabut :rofl:

You mean you wanna do something like this?
sagaconvertsubaru1.jpg

YOU WANT YOUR ALMERA TO LOOK LIKE VIOS!? OMG. cabut :rofl:

Although I know that's a BLM, the AhBeng in me approves that car modification. :biggrin:

And if I wanted mod "my" Almera, I'd want to go for a GTR look ok. AhBengification maximus. :thefinger:

Supfan : I noticed most of these good looking rears never show the front. I suspect cuz the front is still some fugly shit.

6uest : Not only does it supposedly do really well for FC, it's outright beating the hybrids. In todays paper the advert said the media car had recorded 30+km/L which is bloody unbelievable. The standard test car does something like 26km/L which is Prius territory. I honestly doubt it can do those figures!

And the markX rear exhaust styling is a favorite of mine. Doesn't matter what car it's done on, I've never seen an ugly markX styling car. That's not kissing your ass cuz you have one, I really do like that exhaust/bumper seamless look.

Although I know that's a BLM, the AhBeng in me approves that car modification. :biggrin:

And if I wanted mod "my" Almera, I'd want to go for a GTR look ok. AhBengification maximus. :thefinger:

Since you approve, then I'll convert my BLM into that Sagaru WRX STi.

If you want a GT-R and want to save cost...

Don't sell your Myvi, because you can get a GT-R with you current myvi :biggrin:

toyota+iq+with+gtr+r35+bodykit+conversion+wide+bodykit.jpg

Izso will be the next legend after Teana Convert GT-R35. :thefinger:

0kBFgm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

A thread every 60 seconds

Search

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience
Top Bottom