Cheated - VW Passat CC

Nov 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I am wanted to express my anger and strongly dissatisfied with the purchase of my Volkswagen Passat CC. I bought it on November 2009. I feel cheated that the seller lied and never told me regarding the DSG version. I asked the salesman for more than 10 times whether VGM would sell the VW Passat CC with DSG version or not. The salesman had confirmed that VGM would not sell VW Passat CC car with DSG version in Malaysia. After considering his confirmation words, I paid the balance of 10% deposit accordingly.

However, recently I received information from a reliable resource that during the 1st batch of VW Passat CC entered to Malaysia last year, VGM’s representative was briefed that VGM had a plan to bring in VW Passat CC with DSG version, but this information not to be disclosed to the public or any potential buyer. The reason given was if public knew about this, few units of the existing cars without DSG version could not be sold at that time, as customers would for sure be waiting for DSG version.

If the next DSG version model released 3 years later, it’s still acceptable. But this one was not even 6 months! It’s ridiculous! It’s affected the value of the car! It’s not cheap! Who’s going to bear the cost? Where’s my right?
I felt that VGM through its salesman had not revealed the truth to me and therefore VGM had committed a fraud by hiding this information from me.

Due to this misinformation, I strongly insist my existing VW Passat CC to be installed with the same DSG version as what they are offering to the public at present. As for your information, other than VW Passat CC, I also have two more cars purchased from VGM which are VW Golf GTi and VW Golf R32. This is to deeply express that I am one of VGM loyal customer with have full interest and passionate with VGM’s cars so far. But due to this my worst experienced with VGM. VGM, you lost my trust! You disappoint me…

Cheated Car Buyer

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
iam sorry u had to endeavor dis sir, but looking at the bright side of things, a conventional autobox is easier and cheaper to maintain. dsg are just too new a technology dat u may find it difficult to maintain, in terms of not many technicians that are familiar with them and parts may not be easy to source out.

mizi0604

Known Member
Nov 6, 2008
fuhh,u've got VW GTi and VW R32~!!! surely rich man la u bro...i really admired VW GTi~

i-zack

Nov 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
iam sorry u had to endeavor dis sir, but looking at the bright side of things, a conventional autobox is easier and cheaper to maintain. dsg are just too new a technology dat u may find it difficult to maintain, in terms of not many technicians that are familiar with them and parts may not be easy to source out.
Thanks for the understanding. I believe in the near future, there won't be a problem to findthe technicians that can handle DSG.

lowpro

Known Member
Jun 22, 2009
this is common practise among all car distributors. i guess there is no way we can ever find out what is coming out tomorrow. the car distributors have valid reasons for their course of action (exactly as per expressed above, it is to avoid a situation where they have the older models lying around and the problem is to give a discount to clear it. the other problem in giving discount is it will push the resale value of the cars sold earlier further down) and if we want to boycott all the car companies for this, i think it is safe to say the next maa report will show a big zero! :) so, cheer up. it is perfectly normal out there and the way it is done will never change, for now at least. just be thankful for now newer cars are not sold with drastic price reductions over their older versions like in u.s. and europe.

hungJAcky

Known Member
Oct 3, 2007
bro, no doubt u felt cheated with the choices you have, but u have the R32 to make you smile back ( :

tell you what u can do, go back to the salesperson, ask him to take a ride in the R32 DSG and then the passat..if he said both same then u can ask him to quit as VGM salesperson.