cheap way to read ecu

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hello experts,

am i right to say the ecu can be accessed via a harness ?
if so, is there a computer program cheap/free and simple enough to use to access the ecu realtime info? can DIY?

regards
Richard

msv83

Nov 22, 2006
hi, recently i read some article about ECU tunning and i would like to share some of them with you.But i would like advice you that -remap or reflash your ECU will bring harm to your car if u dont have the knowledge on this field.If you need video,kindly go to youtube web site and type -reflash ecu / datalogging for more info.I hope this can help you,and pls correct me if i am wrong,thanks.

click on the link and read all the article related,thanks.
Downloads - OpenECU

the software to read ECU flash / datalogging as below:
ecuflash
ecu flasher
rom raider
AutoEnginuity

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
Hello Friends,

Has anyone DIY reading the information without off-the-shelf reader/scanner? I don't want to flash it. Too risky as i am a novice.
Does it require a password?
My car is Toyota Vios 2006 auto.

sincerely
Richard:wavey:

richardtan

Known Member
Mar 23, 2009
What ECU are you talking about..?
What car make..?
Hi,
Mine is a Toyot :wavey:a vios '06 automatic stock ECU.

regards
Richard

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

i think its his obd
where to diagnose nissan obd eh,using 14 points connector.
Hi ,

It has a 16 pin connector. I think its OBD2.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
hi, recently i read some article about ECU tunning and i would like to share some of them with you.But i would like advice you that -remap or reflash your ECU will bring harm to your car if u dont have the knowledge on this field.If you need video,kindly go to youtube web site and type -reflash ecu / datalogging for more info.I hope this can help you,and pls correct me if i am wrong,thanks.

click on the link and read all the article related,thanks.
Downloads - OpenECU

the software to read ECU flash / datalogging as below:
ecuflash
ecu flasher
rom raider
AutoEnginuity
this open ecu thing is for the Subaru ECU & the software is free all u need is to buy the OBD cable. Some of us hv been using it for ~ 4 years now. BTW, A good ECUTEK Killer I will said... :driver:, agree u do need very good skill if not it will brun ur ECU or engine.

msv83

Nov 22, 2006
hope all this important information can be share with zerohundred.com member so that they can know litle bit more info on tunning before sending their car to TUNNING Shop and pay lot of $ ..hehe ...cheers.... i just finish my course. So now i am free to look into this tuning info and will share with all if i discover more ..thanks.

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
For tuning u look for the total performance like engien respond & how long is the power band. Who can get the big power came later.

BTW, this siad Software can even enable the Launch control system & for EVO (some ver) u can hv the misfiring system on too!!! All this is a ready funstion in ur OEM ECU no need to buy extra hardware. Just 1 click & rewrite the map....!

msv83

Nov 22, 2006
blue taxi, true, if i am not wrong, the EVO VI come with misfiring system inside with the oem ecu but it was hidden. Fyi, the engine wil die easily if the misfiring system is enable it. the opem sparepart inside the engine cant stand with the misfiring system so better becarefull ..

blue.taxi

Known Member
Nov 27, 2006
not sure about Evo 6, but the 7 to 9 hv misfire & which is no hidden. just a click.... Subaru dont hv this.. only the launch control. unless u hv a Grp.N ecu.