Chassis strengthening for SEG

Oct 18, 2012
Gerik
I have Toyota SEG year 1992, old car already. I already transplanted 4AGE engine. Now I am looking for ways to strengthen the chassis since this is an old car. Any suggestions on what to do and approximate cost of doing it? I am slowly learning :) hehe.. still a newbie. Hope everyone could help give some opinions and ideas.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
Hi,since we r driving same car:
1st) Front Strut Bar= Must
2nd) Fender Bars= Must for handling
3rd) Rear Upper Bar
4th) Rear thicker anti-roll bar
5th) Front & Rear lower bars (under carriage)=Optional for me & depend how far u wish to mod ur car
6th) Front thicker anti-roll bar(but personal advice not to upgrade if more on daily use basis)
7th) SuperPro bushings(very impressive during winding road)
8th) Room bar (if u really want to install, go find adjustable one. if those fitted one kinda waste some foot space...)
9th) Lower (under carriage) LH & RH side bars
10th) Autofoam (i've tried, result in stiff + sound proof a bit)
11th) Rigid Colar aka Stiff Rings
12th) Roll Cage
Happy modding & of course a set of good setup suspension+ brake kits!!

oppss! 1 more ,a V bar install behind the rear seat!(for me,kindda waste money since u already install rear upper bar + TOYOTA builded tough body for SEG 7th Corolla

Last edited:

BuroQ

Known Member
Sep 13, 2004
Border Town
Chaser, how much did it cost for you for all those stuffs? Did you do additional body strengthening to the chassis itself like clearing all the rust and etc.?

(Sorry not sure what the correct term is called)

abunawas

Known Member
Nov 18, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
What u all think about ultra racing bars? Will they help and are they made with lots of R and D?

How they compare to foreign brands?

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
It depends on your needs. For me, I haven't do it yet. But i planned to install as follow:

1. Front strut bar
2. Rear upper bar
3. Rear lower bar
4. Stiffer suspension
5. Front 2 pot caliper and rear convert to disc brakes

As for brand, I am trying to compare Some other cheaper brands i.e zender and c-tech. Ultra racing is the best, but kind of heavy as they are thick. Since I am just using it as a daily commuter, I do not need it super stiff and strong.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Hi,since we r driving same car:
1st) Front Strut Bar= Must
2nd) Fender Bars= Must for handling
3rd) Rear Upper Bar
4th) Rear thicker anti-roll bar
5th) Front & Rear lower bars (under carriage)=Optional for me & depend how far u wish to mod ur car
6th) Front thicker anti-roll bar(but personal advice not to upgrade if more on daily use basis)
7th) SuperPro bushings(very impressive during winding road)
8th) Room bar (if u really want to install, go find adjustable one. if those fitted one kinda waste some foot space...)
9th) Lower (under carriage) LH & RH side bars
10th) Autofoam (i've tried, result in stiff + sound proof a bit)
11th) Rigid Colar aka Stiff Rings
12th) Roll Cage
Happy modding & of course a set of good setup suspension+ brake kits!!

oppss! 1 more ,a V bar install behind the rear seat!(for me,kindda waste money since u already install rear upper bar + TOYOTA builded tough body for SEG 7th Corolla
Bro, superpro bush and stiff ring got sell for seg? I tried to ask before for AE111 the guy in zth told me not produced. Mind to share where did you ask? I'm really looking for it.

Mr.Chaser

4,000 RPM
Jun 29, 2009
Johor
It depends on your needs. For me, I haven't do it yet. But i planned to install as follow:

1. Front strut bar
2. Rear upper bar
3. Rear lower bar
4. Stiffer suspension
5. Front 2 pot caliper and rear convert to disc brakes

As for brand, I am trying to compare Some other cheaper brands i.e zender and c-tech. Ultra racing is the best, but kind of heavy as they are thick. Since I am just using it as a daily commuter, I do not need it super stiff and strong.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 08:52 AM ----------

Bro, superpro bush and stiff ring got sell for seg? I tried to ask before for AE111 the guy in zth told me not produced. Mind to share where did you ask? I'm really looking for it.
Bro,PM sent。Satisfied result after i install SuperPro!

---------- Post added at 12:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

Chaser, how much did it cost for you for all those stuffs? Did you do additional body strengthening to the chassis itself like clearing all the rust and etc.?

(Sorry not sure what the correct term is called)
Hi,i nvr done any chassis anti- rust treatment cause unnessary unless ur car got hurt before on chassis

What u all think about ultra racing bars? Will they help and are they made with lots of R and D?

How they compare to foreign brands?
Really hard to tell。Every brand claimed they r the best:p maybe u can refer my car chassis modification:

http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/cars-for-sale/389803-toyota-corolla-ae101-recon-version.html

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
some of my highly recommended UR bars were:

1) 4point strut bar
2)fender bar
3)thicker antirollbar (front and rear)

*autofoam track package (door sill)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Power 7/10

Acceleration wise, the 2L 4cyl twin scroll turbo has enough to entertain, not a lot to impress, and doesn’t frustrate. Though at times, its thrust feels constricted, almost resembling a 1.6L turbo instead, but a very good one. Engine revs start off rather weak from idle and quickly picks up from 3,000rpm onwards, offers good throttle response from mid to top end.

The i30N really...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience