charade detomaso

charadedetomaso

May 11, 2006
just thought i post a few pics of my motor time to let go
another kid on the way

charade detomaso
usual spec
stainless exhaust
rampod air filter (with stainless elbow)
gtti final drive
ported and polished
geniune 75000km

sorry to c it go owned it for the past 4 years

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
For a moment I thought you're from Malaysia... with a 2 door detom, it'll be a priced car.

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
With the cheap prices of cars over there, at least you have quite a wide variety of choices. Anyways, with Charades getting older everyday, it is about time to let them go.

I wonder how many of us realise the Charades we use are becoming antiques in their own right.....

More worrying is the fact that parts are really getting difficult to find nowadays since Daihatsu has stopped manufacturing for them quite some time ago.

Aura

1,500 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
So it's time to change to 'convert-able' car now..Difficulties to get a sparepart is not a small issue..!! Headache!!!

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Speed Demon, then those KE70 and E30 means they are condemned?
How can you let go something that had been a part of your life for so long?
Your GTti that has tarpau so many L2s and Evos in Sepang... you willing to sell them off?

OK, lament of a Daihard fans, no hard feelings.

charadedetomaso

May 11, 2006
family means more to me now, would loved to hold on to it give it to my son but sure, just remembering that i wreaked my starlet turbo 5 weeks after passing my test ( thought i could drive lol) im go n for a 1997 impreza wagon with all the sti bits second hand parts r hard come by over here but u can still get new parts from daihatsu expensive though, im selling the car for 2000 sterling is that expensive to u's? Got alot of interest in it i think it mite b the only detomaso in northern ireland would lv the car to go to an enthusiast i no u's boys love them thanks for the replys

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
TiBuN said:
Speed Demon, then those KE70 and E30 means they are condemned?
How can you let go something that had been a part of your life for so long?
Your GTti that has tarpau so many L2s and Evos in Sepang... you willing to sell them off?

OK, lament of a Daihard fans, no hard feelings.
There are a lot of much older cars on the road, but look carefully and see how many of them are modified ones?

Having a heavily modified car which is old means two things:

1. Maintenance is more difficult (and expensive) because parts become difficult to find. And I am not talking about performance parts. I am talking about normal standard parts like doors, or the winding window handle mechanism etc.

2. The more $$$ you invest in your car, the less room you give yourself the option to sell. For example, if I want to sell my GTti now, how much can I get for it? RM12K? RM14K? Even then, I would have to find a cash buyer as no finance would give a loan for a Charade now.

So you are left with 2 choices: Sell your car now or keep it and use it till it falls to pieces. Which is yours? :Not_Impressed:

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
I prefer to think of it as a discussion. :_: But its normal between Tibun & me. Till today he can't accept the fact that my GTti leaves his 2 Detomaso's eating dust. :shades_smile:

No offence to other Deto owners out there. I just like to rub Tibun's face in my dust...:angel_smile:

charadedetomaso

May 11, 2006
but then again speed demon put a blower on a detomaso and its gona blow that gtti id loved to off got the chance, nearly put a starlet turbo ep82 engine in mine there quick and capable of 200+more bhp easily, saying that had no probs with the detomaso engine the secret (change oil every 5000km) it would susprize u how well it prolongs engine life, my deto pulls hard in every gear and is much better with it gtti final drive but i wouldnt even dream of racing anything with a turbo just dont have the torque for the job and thats wot its about just my thoughts on this discussion lol

dieerag

Known Member
Aug 31, 2004
Speed Demon said:
Till today he can't accept the fact that my GTti leaves his 2 Detomaso's eating dust. :shades_smile:
tibun...isit true?hhihhihih......speed demon....tibun got 2 detos...which one?both are green colour oso....

TiBuN

Known Member
May 16, 2004
Penang / BM
Visit site
Sigh... with 124hp at flywheel vs 200hp at WHEEL... there isin't much debate really between Speedy's GTti and my puny Deto.... but I will not give up!! :baring_teeth:

Speedy, "one hill high, there is another hill higher"

For the sake of discussion purpose, under racing standard, 1.0 turbo will be multiplied with a x1.7 factor, which means technically for GTti to compare, it should be matched with a 1.7 civic ... or any 1.8 category. That is call fair trade. But i like the challenge, even if it means stupid:angel_smile:

Speed Demon

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Selangor
www.freewebs.com
Ok, before a war errupts between Deto and GTti owners, let me make a few facts clear.

Tibun & myself are pretty good friends and we both have respect for each other's cars. Tibun's Detomaso has aspects I admire and wish I had (like his Titan suspension and Exedy clutch) and I also know his car can beat other cars of higher cc. I also suspect Tibun's car can perform pretty well on a racing track like Sepang.

Tibun has a thing about my GTti though so I enjoy teasing him about how much more powerful my car is compared to his. Though actually we have never raced our cars against each other! But we have always threatened each other that we will go to each other's location and thrash the other's car....:shades_smile:

So what I am trying to say is: Don't take the statements between myself & Tibun too literally.

charadedetomaso: Both myself and a Charade G100 with a 4EFTE engine has raced with a Perodua Kancil (same chassis as the Daihatsu Mira) fitted with a Deto engine and nitrous oxide, producing 100bhp at the wheel. And we both managed to leave the car quite far behind. :regular_smile:

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Some teasers to droll at while i prepare the whole post :proud:

yes we were previously called Zero 2 Hero. but it is official now at the SSM that we are registered as Optimum Auto Detailing. reason of the change is i want a more catchy and easy to remember name =D

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience