Changing wira headlight bulbs

eraserwke

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Subang
Hey.. I'm a newbie to DIY. Just bought new bulbs coz my headlight becoming dimmer dy. Want to try fixing myself. Can any sifu teach? :P I got both the H4 bulbs and the W5W ones. Can teach how to change both? Noneed to unscrew headlight or anything rite?

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
1. unplug the H4 headlight socket behind the headlamp.

2. pull out the rubber seal behind the headlamp.

3. unclip the pin inside headlamp (put ur hand inside and feel).

4. take out the H4 bulb.

for the w5w bulb, u need to remove the water expansion tank on the RHS and than the socket can be reached easily.

eraserwke

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Subang
the water expansion tank.. RHS when u're looking at the front of your car? Got this black box thing behind my left headlight. makes me can't reach the screw to adjust my headlight angle. my angle out already i think thats why my lights very dim at night. cannot see far.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
eraserwke said:
the water expansion tank.. RHS when u're looking at the front of your car? Got this black box thing behind my left headlight. makes me can't reach the screw to adjust my headlight angle. my angle out already i think thats why my lights very dim at night. cannot see far.
water expansion tank is the spare tank...white color tat one....in front battery....

Supachip

Known Member
Apr 9, 2004
puucuung
eraserwke said:
Water expansion tank is on the LHS if u look from in front of car, white color tank. Black box? I suppose u mean the fuse box. That shouldn't obstruct the light adjustment screw lah. Just use a stubby philip screw driver to adjust, if u using normal long screw driver of cause cannot. The screw of headlamp near to the fender is used to adjust the beam height and the one near radiator is used to adjust width of beam.
Come on, this is easy job lah brother, try again....

eraserwke

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Subang
supachip: thanks alot =) helped me out. at last i didn't change myself. some workship guy changed for me for free. but not the W5W ones. coz i'm planning to change headlamp too. so wait till get new lamps then change all together. i found the bean height. adjusted quite ok. couldn't find the other screw for the width. haha.

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
everyone makes mistakes

why larrr, everyone thinks the shorter the screw driver the easier it is to adjust the headlights

take long long ones
much more easier i assure you

after reading this i bet you will never use those short stubby screw drivers for headlight adjustment anymore

(referring to wira)

as you have already located the screws to adjust the height and width
here is what you do
look from the top and you will see those screws can actually be adjusted from the top
just plug the long screw driver into it and start adjusting larrr
dunnit to screw from the back of the headlights wan
eheheh

some lousy workshop taught me this (more like i curi listen to their conversation)

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
who tel u to use short one o? the fella sure fool u

normally ppl use moderate or long one..easier to adjust

DarkAccoon said:
why larrr, everyone thinks the shorter the screw driver the easier it is to adjust the headlights

take long long ones
much more easier i assure you

after reading this i bet you will never use those short stubby screw drivers for headlight adjustment anymore

(referring to wira)

as you have already located the screws to adjust the height and width
here is what you do
look from the top and you will see those screws can actually be adjusted from the top
just plug the long screw driver into it and start adjusting larrr
dunnit to screw from the back of the headlights wan
eheheh

some lousy workshop taught me this (more like i curi listen to their conversation)

DarkAccoon

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Supachip said:
Water expansion tank is on the LHS if u look from in front of car, white color tank. Black box? I suppose u mean the fuse box. That shouldn't obstruct the light adjustment screw lah. Just use a stubby philip screw driver to adjust, if u using normal long screw driver of cause cannot. The screw of headlamp near to the fender is used to adjust the beam height and the one near radiator is used to adjust width of beam.
Come on, this is easy job lah brother, try again....

huakenny,

there, this fella that i just quoted
ehehe
anyway, he was teaching the new guy on the block, not me

eraserwke

Known Member
Aug 26, 2005
Subang
From the top? is it the same screw as the one from the back? can adjust from the top meh. zzz.. anyway, i STILL haven't located the width one.. lol. sigh.

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

whut parts do i need?

do i need to change ecu to manual ecu?

any important info should be known bfor conversion?

Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience