Changing Plug On 6a12

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
Dear friends..

Anybody can guide me how to change 6a12 v6 plugs.?
As replacing cost is quite high..
I would like to "gatal tangan" DIY on weekend..

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u have good memory ok la....if not take a video from the beginning when u removing all those hoses & screws,
mark them with tape while u at it...althought its very time consuming but worth it.

xtremeleo

3,000 RPM
Oct 18, 2005
ive only done this process twice, and it was HELL!! lol.. seriously!! u need to open the intake manifold, anything on top of the valve covers. iirc, they will be 12PITA screws u need to dismantle, not including ic pipes' clips. and then, plonk in the plugs, DONT FORGET reassemble all those parts

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Better use super long life plugs for this man.

peeche

Known Member
May 16, 2006
Sin City, MY
ive only done this process twice, and it was HELL!! lol.. seriously!! u need to open the intake manifold, anything on top of the valve covers. iirc, they will be 12PITA screws u need to dismantle, not including ic pipes' clips. and then, plonk in the plugs, DONT FORGET reassemble all those parts
wahhhh.. scared me already.. last weekend managed to change atf oil and filter myself. messy! both hands, arm, armpit also dirty.. later my wife notice my waist also black.. :rofl::hmmmm::congrats:

mkdreamervl

Known Member
Jul 6, 2005
PJ
My foreman also wait until he finish all the urgent cars before swearing at me and changing mine.... haha... it's a long and lengthy process.

NeuroOne

WFH
Sep 11, 2006
Putrajaya
i've changed a V6 plugs once (with the help of a friend), i was time consuming.. hehe..
better get those 100K km plugs like iridium or double platinum..
now i'm with a 4 piston engine, senang.. :eviltongue:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
DIY is good, if you have the time and tools.
Sending out the car for service and parts replacement is easy, but wait till you encounter bad workmanship.

My fren's car plug cable was damaged (at silicone insulation) because of lazy foreman that refuse to remove the cables, and just bend the plug cable till pecah during spark plugs replacement....The foreman kept quiet about it until my fren found it out after sparks "jumping" to the metal parts of the engine...

The Marketplace Top Posts

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear ppl,

I just got my wira turbo titan'd yesterday (10th May 2004). Fyi, I had NOT experience dis product before dis EXCEPT from wat i read n hear. From wat i've noticed there r mixed approvals/emotions/opinions about dis product there4 making me more sceptical. Anyway, I was thinking "if i were 2 get a local brand then there r lots of em in d market...minus d branded jap ones which cost a bomb"..so b4 yesterday (10/5/04), I did my share of shock-shopping til I finally decided 2...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience